Another week of planning and another week of not really following it. I had asked TheHub what he wanted and he mentioned a few things, but we went out a couple of nights, and then one night neither of us were hungry so we just had leftovers. If we are not here or have no appetites, I will not be cooking requested meals. Too Bad!
This is what was planned:
1. Lasagna in a bowl, tossed salad
2. Cobb salad
3. Sloppy Joe's, green beans.
4. Pasta salad, or Impasta salad (keto version)
5. Browned buttered noodles or keto noodles tossed with parmesan cheese, broccoli, tossed
6. Tomato pie, tossed salad
7. Take out or out to eat
This is what we really ate:
Monday: I wanted something easy and a way to use up some leftover bolognese. Zapping the dish in the microwave rather than putting it in the oven saved time and kept the kitchen cool.
Lasagne in a bowl, tossed salad
Tuesday: It was hot and I did not want to cook
Wednesday: TheHub wanted to break. up his workweek and I am never going to say no when it means no cooking
Wedge salad or flatbreads from The Electric
Thursday: Again it was hot, and all I had to do was boil some rotini and wilt some cauliflower early in the morning, throw everything together and stick it in the fridge for dinner.
Pasta salad or impasta salad
Friday: TheHub really wanted to go out to eat, but I had just finished swimming and was tired. This was our compromise.
Innards from a ruben sandwich, cucumber slices or the new fish and chips dish from Arby's
Saturday: We had taken Son2, DIL2 and TGS* out for lunch to celebrate Son2's birthday. When nighttime came neither of us was really hungry.
Leftover pasta salad or leftover impasta salad
Sunday: I did a lot of cooking for the week early Sunday afternoon. All I had to do at dinnertime was toast keto buns and do a quick warm up.
Sloppy Joe's, coleslaw
This week's plan: I am going to have meals that can be made and served rewarmed, since it is likely TheHub will be at work late, and I am not going to start cooking every night at 8 or 9. As usual this is subject to change based on the whims of the cook and/or those who eat here each day.
1. Greek meatloaf, rice pilaf or caulirice pilaf, green beans, tossed salad
2. Crustless tomato pie, salad
3. Crustless zucchini pie, cooked carrots, salad,
4. Field peas, okra, sliced tomatoes, sliced cukes, coleslaw, keto cornbread
5. Hamburgers and fixings, cottage fries or roasted radishes
6. BBQ chicken, caulitato salad, brioche buns or keto buns or brown buttered noodles, salad, green beans
7. Take out, or out to eat
Keto peanut butter pie
Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.
* Will explain who TGS is in my weekly joys.