Translate

Monday, September 12, 2022

Dinner Plan Conundrum

When is a plan not a plan? Oh, that would be whenever I make one. Judging from the last two weeks I should just start planning where we are going out to eat instead of planning meals. Come to think of it, we  already have dinner reservations for at least one night this week. 



Delusional planning for last week:
1.BBQ chicken casserole, brussels sprouts
2. Grilled tuna steak, rice or caulirice, tossed salad, green beans
3. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes or caulimash, peas and carrots, coleslaw
4. Hamburgers with all the fixings, chips and/or keto "fries"
5. Stuffed peppers, rice, broccoli. tossed salad
6. Veggie meal TBD later
7. Out to eat    


What or where we actually ate:
Monday: We had a lazy rainy Labor Day. Instead of trying to grill I just cooked the burgers on the stovetop. It was not much of a celebration dinner, but sometimes , even on a holiday, a meal is just a meal.
Burgers and all the fixings

Tuesday: Our okra plants are going full force and have to be harvested each day. Since I had other veggies in the fridge the meal was a no-brainer.
Squash, peas, okra, sliced tomatoes

Wednesday: Along with the okra, our pepper plants are producing like gangbusters and I get about 3 new ones every day. 
Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes (or none), tossed salad

Thursday: After going to a reception for a new art exhibit, we decided to go out to eat. I had a bit of a headache, so we just grabbed something and brought it home.
Whataburger's avocado burger (sans toast) or burger and onion rings. 

Friday: TheHub does not like to eat at home on Friday's, and even though I had planned on grilling outside, he still wanted to get out of the house for dinner. I was not about the argue with him as long as the thawed tuna was not wasted.
Fried Green Tomato's (a local meat and three) roasted chicken, stewed okra and tomatoes, coleslaw or fried catfish (it looked and smelled so good), 

Saturday: Woo hoo, it was a ball game day, which meant we were going to be home so we could watch games at 11, 2:30, and 6. To be honest except for watching Alabama, the term watch is subjective. It really means the games were on the TV with the volume kind of loud, while we were doing other things, going in an out of the den just catching up on what was happening, and flipping the stations to different games to check on them.
Grilled tuna steaks, tossed salad

Sunday: I was all set to make a meatloaf for dinner, but TheHub thought since we had bypassed bbq on Labor Day we should have it Sunday night. Fine with me!
Full Moon's bbq pork, chow chow, baked beans (or none), coleslaw

And on to this week:
(Nothing sounds good and nothing sounds bad. The only certainty is that I will have a lot of okra and peppers to use.)
1. Leftover bbq pork salad
2. Veggie dinner TBD later with the exception of okra which is a given right now
3. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes or caulimash, green beans, coleslaw
4. Sweet and sour chicken (keto version) rice or caulirice, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes
5. Out to eat
6. Out to eat (no longer delusional)
7. Something cooked on the grill (TBD), tossed salad or chopped salad.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all

23 comments:

  1. I am determined to not eat out this whole week through next week- perhaps saving for the 23/24/25th. However, hubs did not come home, or he did while I was still at funeral. I'm trying more vegetables based meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we are eating at Hot and Hot this week. I want to go while the tomato salad is still on the menu

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. I am still a post Covid sloth and sleeping a lot. I manage to work and come home and sleep. I did doctor up a Target cheese pizza with spinach and onions and called it good. I also mad a “soup” of beef broth from bullion, Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, and organic spinach. I suppose those two items will be supper this week as I am not feeling like eating much.I generally eat a tomato and egg sandwich for breakfast and a luncheon meat turkey and cheese or ham and cheese sandwich for lunch Not claiming to be eating that healthy although I did eat a spaghetti squash, and roasted an eggplant and ate it this weekend. Oh, and oatmeal raisin cookies……Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the cookies have all the food groups if you are a little liberal in your interpretation.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this. I feel validated! Have a cozy week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only post these to make others feel better about themselves because I fall so far off plan on a regular basis, generally by going out to eat or bringing food in.

      Delete
  4. You ate and ate well, and in the scheme of things that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are trying not to eat out here, but sometimes I have to give in to the urge. 😂 Fresh okra is so delicious, I could make a meal out of it. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dehydrated sliced, frozen okra for Tommy and he said it was good as popcorn. Maybe you can blanch, freeze the okra, and then dehydrate later for a healthy snack. I felt so bad that I did not even want to go for a plate to take home this weekend, so It was bring home stuff, burger one night, chicken the next. I doubt I could have finished a meal or enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okra reminds me of my mother in law who used to stuff it. How she had the patience I will never know.
    Your menus always sound great and going out to eat always sounds good to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say that. I had just read about stuffed okra. I have been eating it all my life and never heard of making it that way before.

      Delete
  8. My neighbor has been bringing me food, practically all week, so I am not meal planning! I'm just having what she's bringing me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am consumed with jealousy about your meals out. I think it is well over a year since we last did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub loves eating out when his job becomes as demanding as it is right now . I honestly think for him eating out when he is under the gun at work is almost the equivalent of a micro vacation.

      Delete
  10. We don't even pretend to have a plan here, so we're quite successful at following it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is pretty obvious my plans really mean nothing!

      Delete
  11. My goal for the week is to go through as much freezer inventory as possible. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize What-a-Burger had an avocado burger, but I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and if you toss the bread it is at least "Dirty Keto" compliant

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.