Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday 4

 Well that time has come again to ponder the questions from Annie @Tuesday 4 




1. Are you happy with the way your life is going?
My life is not moving as I imagined TheHub is working more than I ever thought he would and though he occasionally says the "r" word, I do not see him retiring any time soon. I have a granddaughter living on the other coast and I am no longer willing to wait for him to take time off from his job to go see her. I have no qualms about traveling alone so if he is going to continue to work at this pace, I will make solo trips to Portland whenever I want to go.
Ditto for seeing Son3 and DIL3 in New York.

2. Are you planning any trips in the future?
See above, plus a girl trip to the beach in a few weeks! I am looking forward to that!

3. Are you reading anything at the moment or do you plan on reading something interesting? 
I am always reading something and usually have 2 or 3 books going at once.  One of the books I am reading right now, "Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns", is one I would never recommend. Nothing about it even remotely rings true and though I enjoy fiction, the books have to be plausible. In all honesty I did not read the first one so I had nothing to base the writing stone on but had a friend tell me this one was a must read.  That is the only reason I am continuing to read it.

4. What's for supper tonight at your house? 
Most likely we will have a veggie dinner. Okra from the back yard is producing abundantly and I have squash in the refrigerator that needs to be cooked.
I did this post in the early morning and forgot to publish it. We did not have a veggie meal, but had a meatloaf instead.

Come on and join in and let us know what your plans are.

17 comments:

  1. I’m usually reading two or more books at the same time too. It keeps things interesting. Meatloaf for dinner sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know what I am in the mood to read so I keep a couple going at the same time. The meatloaf was tasty!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are able to visit your family soon and hopefully, your husband will be able to go with you. I'm having fried fish (compliments of my neighbor) for dinner! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am going to Portland in November either with or without TheHub. They asked me to come and keep Pip while they go away for a few days.

      Delete
  3. I have multiple books on the go at a time too. Usually at least one is non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if you go see Pip without your husband, he will realize what he's missing and be more motivated to cut back his work or retire?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading these posts! I hope you get to visit your family soon. It's so important! You are the second person I've heard had meatloaf recently and now I want to make one! Have a wonderful day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to New York in October to see that crew, then Portland in November. I will either go alone of hopefully with TheHub, but who knows?
      The meatloaf was pretty darn tasty.

      Delete
  6. No, not real happy with life stuff at moment, don’t know what to do about it, and will probably eat leftover doctored up Target cheese pizza with spinach. Lol Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only thing I am reading these days are court documents and blogs for escape from the work stuff. Will go on trips next year. Overloaded at work for trips at moment. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    2. The last thing I want to read is court documents!

      Delete
  7. Are you happy with how your life is going is a huge, huge question! I think most of us could answer yes and no. I always though by now I'd have more of an extended family of my own considering I had children starting at 23. But, I can't say I'm sad or disappointed as .y kids need to live their own lives. I'd like more adventures, mini ones, and big. I thought I'd do more exploring but life intervenes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right about the yes and no answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I am fairly happy with my life, though I which DH was in better health. My kids' lives? Eh...
    2. No trips, and no desire to plan any. DH and I were world travelers before kids. Now, I'm the cricket on the hearth, and content to be there.
    3. I have started reading again. I recently read "Lessons in Chemistry," by Bonnie Garmus. I enjoyed the plot, but it irritated me that she would set it in the 1950's, yet seemed to forget that in her narrative, by using current speech patterns and referencing current technology etc. If she hadn't had said it was the 1950's, I wouldn't have known.
    4. No idea. Last night we had beef pot pie made with the pot roast leftovers. I think I may make fish, chips and coleslaw tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late to the post, but I'll answer anyway.
    For the most part, I'm happy with my life, but it isn't what I thought it would be when I first retired. I'm still hopeful that my new plans will come to fruition.
    I do have two trips planned for the future, one in January 2023 and another in March 2024. The first needs to be fully paid for in early October - and I have a fund specifically for that purpose that I saved while working, but I'll continue to save my spending money.
    I've currently got two books started (because I keep putting one down and forgetting I put it.) One is Catherine Coulter's "False Pretenses" and the second is Barbara Erskine's "Child of the Phoenix". Still early on and I haven't decided how much I'm enjoying either of them.
    This evening's dinner is pork chops, likely breaded and baked in the oven because the house is chilly and I refuse to turn the heat on just yet. We'll have some veg and honey-garlic noodles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess what? When your hubby retires, I'll bet he still works a lot. Ask me how I know! LOL!! I started painting rocks again after taking a little break. I put some up on my FB page to sell, but no takers except one. I decided to just keep painting anyway and some opportunity will come up eventually for me to sell them in the future and I'll be ready! Painting rocks makes me happy, so when I'm in the mood, I have to just keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great attitude. You should go! Yum on the meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.