Translate

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Joys For A Slow Week

This was a pretty calm week spent mostly at home. I had a lot of chores to do, did some and successfully managed to avoid others. Truthfully it was a good and productive week with some down time.



Sunday: We woke to a pretty morning and went to church. On the way home we stopped to grab a quick lunch before watching the various softball games on TV. (Yes, Alabama was watched, in addition to other games)
Son2 dropped by to help us remove the pool cover. The joy is that the pool is open but the downside is that the water is going to take about a week before it is ready for swimming. Now I need to get the pool deck gussied up for the summer swim season. 

Monday: Age related . I forgot to write my joy for the day and by the time Tuesday (OK really Saturday night) came around I had no clue what might have been joy filled for the day.
I just remembered one thing. Our new passports came and my picture was not as horrible as I remembered it was, though no one who looks at it will ever mistake me for a supermodel.

Tuesday: Yes I was a bum and read most of the day. I mean, the day was overcast, so why not?

Wednesday: I binge watched/listened to Ted Lasso while I was doing work in the house. A friend had told me how good it is, and I admit to really enjoying a show about a truly nice, optimistic human. What a refreshing change.

Thursday: Finally we had some protracted sunny days in the weather forecast. I began work on the patio set I had purchased. Though I did not get everything painted, I did get it primed.

Friday: I got the set painted.Whoo hoo. I was a little bummed that it took 2 coats of paint, but such is life. I think I am really going to like it once it is completed. The cushion seat covers will have to wait until we are back from Portland . My Beloved Sister came over for a bit and we laughed about how bad we looked. I had paint all over me (I am a very clumsy painter), neither of us had taken a shower and were wearing crappy work clothes. We would have been great cast as extras in a redneck horror flick.
I found an audio book on the Libby app. to listen to while I painted. "The Girl With The Louding Voice" by Abi Daré and narrated by Ronke Adékoluejo was a joy to listen to as I worked.
After cleaning up TheHub and I flipped channels between Alabama softball and Alabama baseball (both lost).

Saturday: We woke, got ready to leave, and headed out to do our Saturday errands. It was a beautiful morning filled with sunshine and cardinals. Everywhere we drove we saw flashes of brilliant red in bushes, trees and just flying in front of the car
Once home I did a little touch up painting on the patio set and after it dried we moved it to the porch. Even with the cushions I dislike, it looks pretty good ( but it will look great once I get the slipcovers made).  
We also got my van filled with items from Mom's house Son3 had stored here. We were originally going to take them to NYC, but once they started talking about a home in Nashville, they suggested we hang on to them a little longer. They made the move Friday and Saturday, and invited us to meet them for Sunday brunch. 
Woo hoo! The first wave of their stuff is gone and I will soon have a room back!
We ended the day getting our duds ready for being in Nashville a couple of days. 
After packing the only other thing on our list was to watch Alabama softball. They are not playing well, but they managed to pull off a win (barely).

Have a great day and look for your joys no matter how large or small. They are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne





28 comments:

  1. Wonderful on the pool opening up! Yes, it’s usually cold to swim this time of year, but we still love it. Reading the day away is such a great pleasure and easy to do especially when it’s a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I read was a pretty decent read, but the audio book I have been listening to while I work is outstanding.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you had many joys this week. Getting things out of the house is always a joy. Have a lovely trip to Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Nashville was great. I anticipate I will be going there occasionally now.

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait to see pictures of the patio set all painted with new cushion covers. We love cardinals. At my house were lots, here just a few. Okay, maybe one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that your pool has been opened, and you'll soon be able to swim again.
    We don't see cardinals here, and I'm not sure I've ever seen one in real life.
    Safe travels to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have cardinals here year round but they are abundant in the spring. We have at least one cardinals nest in the yard each year. This year I have seen 2.

      Delete
  5. Your week has been very productive...we enjoyed Ted Lasso too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn’t realize your son moved from NYC to Nashville! Yay for being closer to visit!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He moved Saturday. I am very happy that we will get to see them a little more often.

      Delete
  7. Wow, swimming will be awesome. Such great exercise. Your Tuesday sounds perfect to me! Good for you getting that set painted. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to swim laps. It will probably be next week before the water is chemically ready for swimming

      Delete
  8. A quiet joyful week sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was prep for this week which is not going to be a quiet week.

      Delete
  9. Re-homing 'stuff' AND brunch sounds like a super Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely week! How wonderful to have Son3 buy a house and move closer! Enjoy visiting them over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both visited and helped them sort through some moving boxes

      Delete
  11. I like the sound of a new patio set!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good idea at first because the set was so reasonable, but I bought myself a lot of man-hours of work.

      Delete
  12. I have good things about Ted Lasso, but unfortunately, we don't get Apple TV. Maybe the library will buy it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha passport photos, as someone who carried my passport every day I can sympathise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just happy it is not as horrid as I originally thought it was.

      Delete
  14. Maybe you passed out youngest as they left Nashville Sunday morning and drove back to Minnesota in one day. I'm trying hard to at least find something to smile about each day- you're good encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been possible. That is one seriously long drive in one day.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.