Translate

Monday, May 29, 2023

Let's Do Dinner

The week came and went. We ate some of the things I had planned, but certainly not every  meal every day. Can you say dinner dates?


This video slays me
.
Ideas I thought we might have for dinner:
1. Grilled tuna, hot spinach salad, artichokes, rice or potatoes for TheHub
2. Veggie dinner TBD later
3. Leftovers
4. Chicken enchilada casserole, coleslaw or salad
5. Sandwiches and salad
6. Beef stew, coleslaw
7. Out to eat

What we ate instead:
Monday: I cleaned the fridge and found some veggies that were less than prime, plus I had thawed some cooked meatballs that had been in the freezer. Easy dinner.
Beef stew, coleslaw

Tuesday: Leftover chicken and a bogo mini pepper sale at Publix was the inspiration for the nights meal
Chicken enchilada casserole, tomato onion and cucumber salad

Wednesday: TheHub had a business dinner meeting and there is no way I would cook for just me.
Warmed (or possibly cold straight from the fridge) leftovers

Thursday: Because I painted all day, dinner was TheHub's responsibility. (Yes I know he also worked all day, but at the end of his workday he came home washed his hands and was ready to roll. I was busy scrubbing primer off of my hands, arms and toe (? how did that happen?)
Take out chicken dinners from Jacks

Friday: See Thursday, with the exception of paint on my toe. TheHub brought dinner home for us.
Pork chop, turnip greens, stewed okra or whatever TheHub ate. I did not pay any attention to his plate.

Saturday: We had planned on having sandwiches for dinner, so we did. Everyone for themselves.
PBJ *or bacon sandwich (not mine)

Sunday: We went to Nashville for the big move in day. We all went out to eat after working  to empty some of “box mountain”
Various bbq dishes

This week we are only going to have 3 meals at home.
1. Something
2. Something else
3. Leftover something
(your guess is as good as mine)

*The choczero orange marmalade is a fantastic tasting sugar free alternative. I have no affiliation with them. They just have some really good products.

15 comments:

  1. This weeks' dinner menu looks a lot like mine. Except that the second day might well be a repeat of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that video! :D
    Love your meal plan for the week! I'm only planning to have two things - canned beef stew and boxed mac & cheese with maybe some ham from the freezer! Leftovers for the rest of the week! I do cook for just myself; if not, I'd starve! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would if it were just me all the time, but since I am on my on for just occasional meals, I am not about to cook.

      Delete
  3. That video was fun to watch. Certainly not how things are today. I like your dinner menu. You can’t go wrong with that one. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Belinda! This might be my easiest menu plan to follow yet!

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how much everything has changed since that video isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Some changes are for the better but some are not. I wish our world as a whole was a little kinder and thoughtful.

      Delete
  5. I watched "Leave It to Beaver" this morning. The video is very reminiscent of that. It was a different time. At least on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a different time, and I have never cleaned house wearing pearls!

      Delete
  6. I loved the video! I wish I could go back in time for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video's so great! That was a kinder, gentler time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, now I am craving Herring in cream sauce and cream style corn! lol Where teenagers really that naive about restaurant dining when they weren't necking under the bleachers, sneaking a cigarette in the girl's bathroom at school or rocking out in the gym to the Everly Brothers in their bobby sox? This is HE-larious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.