Translate

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Things That Made Me Happy Last Week

The past week was filled with softball, series shows and family.



Sunday: The week began with church followed by  a surprise text from my cousin, S, who was on her way from San Antonio to Huntsville, Alabama  to visit  our mutual uncle, UB,  I always try to see her when she is in the state. 
That night we watched the countdown to the final episodes of Succession. I have no idea how it will end, but I hope in their greed and grab for power somehow they will lose it all.

Monday: My Beloved Sister and I made the drive to Cullman to meet our cousin S, her husband, D, and UB. at a restaurant for a lingering lunch and a lot of conversation and laughs. Another cousin, D, also made the drive from her neck of the woods. I guess we had a little mini reunion of sorts,

Tuesday: Because of certain circumstances, our temporary grandson moved back to Little Rock with his family. He was in town for the week to celebrate his birthday at Independence Place. I was able to go there for his official birthday party and it was wonderful to see him, as well as seeing all the other participants.
Wednesday: What is better than phone calls with Sluggy, and Sissie (Kim's twin)?  
Bama softball is not as good, but it is still fun to watch so I did.

Thursday:  Another day of a softball tournament means another day to watch it. Bama's lead pitcher suffered an injury that I hope is not career ending.

Friday: I woke to a video  of Pip flatironing her hair. This new watch she has is affording us all kinds of new video sharing opportunities. She followed the video with a meme of sad puppy dog eyes and "I miss you". Melted my heart. 
Friday night saw the end of the road for Bama's SEC tournament.

Saturday: Even though Alabama was not in the final game, I watched South Carolina and Tennessee play the final . Since I had no dog in the hunt I could watch it strictly for the enjoyment  of it. 
After the game I had a phone call from Sluggy which makes me happy. It would have been nicer if I was not almost out of power to my phone. A note to myself is to buy a longer charging cord so I can plug the phone in while I am still using it.
TheHub and I ended the night watching an episode of The Diplomat (Netflix). It is a pretty decent show, I think, but I have no clue where it is headed.

Look for your joys, however small. They are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne

p.s. I can't find my glasses so please forgive any and all typos!
 



20 comments:

  1. It is always delightful to hear from friends, and see long distance family! It is fabulous to hear from grandkids! I have a planned trip in June and I can hardly wait! The only reason I will get on a plane is a kid or grandchild… lol. I loathe flying. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying is not fun like it once was. I fly to see kids and granddaughter also. I might fly somewhere else but there is no one else I want to fly to see. (Except Kim and Sissie__I would make an an exception for them)

      Delete
  2. Where in Cullman did you eat? I hate losing my glasses! Usually, I have to get Tommy to find them since I cannot find them without glasses! And, they always fall in a dark place. The day my daughter used a curling iron for the first time, I knew puberty had hit. How old is pip? What kind of watch does she have to make videos for you. It sounds like fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I do not remember the name of it. A friend who has a place on Smith lake and goes into Cullman often recommended it. She is 9 and has a kid's Apple Watch. There are good things about being the only kid.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a pretty perfect week to me. Lots of family and friend time always brings smiles. I hope this is another great week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you had a good week, Anne. Happy Mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a most excellent week for you - which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I neither expect nor plan grand weeks, but I don't need exceptional happenings form me to have an excellent week. This week I am just hoping for a couple of days with no rain. I have a project I need to complete and need 2 days drying time.

      Delete
  6. Oh ya! Let me know if you find that longer charging cord. I don't enjoy talking on the phone so often, but when my BF and I do so it's 2+ hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful week.
    My daughter bought me a telephone charger/power bank - you charge it up and when your phone battery goes down, you can apparently plug it into this power bank and charge it; I presume you can talk on the phone while it is plugged into the power bank/charger. Might be something to consider if you can't get a longer charging cord.
    Happy Mother's Day, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless and Happy Mother's Day to you too!
      Thanks for the info too!

      Delete
  8. how lovely to catch up with family! Hope you had a fine Mother's day. I didn't know the US had it the same day as australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to catch up with them. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a pretty good week. I don't watch sports, but softball sounds interesting. Does if move faster than baseball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Alabama had a tiddly winks team TheHub would have it on and I would be there with him watching it.
      Softball moves much, much faster than baseball.

      Delete
  10. Time with family is always a true blessing. Your Pip is a real sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne, I just want to let you know that the amount of glutenfree soya sauce (no wheat at all) and maple syrup in okra dish on my blog is minimal, so they wouldn't throw you out of the ketosis, esp. the recipe is more than enough for 2 persons. I am ketovore many years..so I hardly eat any veggies, and that definitely works for me. Veggies and fruit are overrated..the less I eat them, the better I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.