Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Dinner Plans

I'm ;ate posting this. We had a normal Sunday, and to be perfectly honest I rarely am on the computer on Sundays.  I do not like to find myself going down wormholes when TheHub is home, and I might if I started scanning sites.


This song is not for the easily offended

Monday Plans: Chicken cacciatore, sautéed zucchini, spinach salad
The leftover bucatini from TheHub's spaghetti night last week was used as the bed for the cacciatore. Instead of having the zucchini as a side dish I just cooked it as part of the chicken dish. I used just a small amount of the spinach for the spinach salad, and it was moved on to become a veggie side dish during the week

Tuesday Plans: Steak, mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, tossed salad 
It was the perfect day for cooking steaks outdoors, but the handyman came and painted the deck the grill is attached to. Punt time.
Low carb chicken Tuscan soup
The chicken left from the rotisserie chicken lunch Sunday, and the chicken broth from the same bird became the basis for the soup meal. I had a bunch of spinach left over from Monday, along with about a cup of the sauce the cacciatore was cooked in. It all went in a soup pot along with sun dried tomatoes, cauliflower, and Italian seasonings.  A little cream and a dash of Parmesan cheese turned it into a really good meal with enough leftover for at least 3 lunches. Steak meal moved to Wednesday

Wednesday Plans: Steak, mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, chopped salad
The mashed potatoes were left over from the weekend, the onion and bell pepper (still about 1/4 of each left)  for the chopped salad were leftover from the cheesesteak waffle meal. There was enough steak for shaved slices to move to the weekend. There was also a half carton of mushrooms to move to a later meal.

Thursday: Out to eat
We plan an evening out every week, and Thursday was the night we chose.  We went to the place closest to our neighborhood, The Electric, for a couple of flatbreads. TheHub always has the original. I generally get the wedge salad, but my mouth wanted something more exciting so I chose the pyromania flatbread. Wow it was perfectly hot and tasty.

Friday Plans: BBQ chicken, coleslaw, potato salad
I forgot TheHub had bought a meatloaf/ mac and cheese meal when he at lunch at Cracker Barrel earlier in the week. It had to be eaten right away, so we shared the meatloaf, TheHub had the mac and cheese, and we both had green beans. Nothing moved forward to the next meal. Chicken meal moved to Saturday.

Saturday Plans: BBQ chicken, coleslaw, potato salad
As dinnertime got closer and closer and I had still not made the potato salad, I punted. The  potato was tossed in the microwave, some cooked shredded chicken was pulled from the freezer and thawed.  I used the shredded cabbage from earlier in the week, the bell pepper remnants, and about 1/4 of the leftover onion  and sun dried tomatoes were tossed with an oil and vinegar dressing for coleslaw. The chicken was sauced and used to stuff the baked potato.

Sunday Plans:  Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes
I had corned a beef brisket over a week ago for a St. Paddy's meal. We had invited Son2 and DIL2 for dinner but they were working on their house and did not finish until much later. Since they could not make it I booted the potatoes and cooked each of us a carrot instead. We have a ton of food leftover.

This week's plan: 
I am only going to plan Mon- Thursday. We have plans for Friday night and will be going to see Pip on Saturday and will not be home for a few days.

1. Reuben casserole, cucumber tomato and onion salad
2. Cabbage soup, cornbread
3. Sandwiches TBD, coleslaw
4. Taco salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.




16 comments:

  1. Your meals sounded good! We ate leftovers and made-overs this week; I might put together a meal plan for next week, though. Have a lovely week and enjoy visiting Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful visit with Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds delicious, but that soup on Tuesday sounds really good! You are so good at using up your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was great for dinner and for 3 lunches last week too!

      Delete
  4. Oh, a trip to see Pip! How wonderful. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meals all sound really good. I love using leftovers to recreate different meals. Enoy your trip this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to do something different with them so TheHub will eat them.

      Delete
  6. Have fun with Pip!!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  7. The song was interesting, and I'm not easily offended. Safe travels and enjoy your time with Pip! I know you will.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I am not easily offended but some might be, hence the warning. I will have a ball seeing Pip. We have not seen her live and in person for a long time!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.