Translate

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Oops, I Forgot

Even though I have had all these joys from last week already written, I forgot to post it yesterday.
I seem to be a day behind. In fact I seem to be behind in everything I do, or want to do right now.  Do I sigh, or do I just laugh it off?



Monday: Independence Place fun with My Beloved Sister. Nothing is better for my soul than to go there. This time they made pancakes. Only one participant wanted plain pancakes and only one wanted blueberry. The rest chose chocolate chip pancakes for their treat. There is no where else I go that I feel so much love.
TheHub and I  rode up to the bluff to see the sunset, but we were a little too late. The afterglow was still beautiful though.
 
Tuesday: I am counting the privilege of voting as my big joy for the day. I was dismayed at how few people turned out to vote. When I was there I counted only 6 people voting. How sad is that?

Wednesday: TheHub and I had an early evening meeting that lasted a tiny bit longer than we thought it would. Even though it took a while, it was very productive and things look decent as TheHub moves toward retirement.  I am just glad we had planned to go out to eat. 

Thursday: Little housework, lots of reading. Is there a better joy than that?

Friday: This was a miserable rainy day. It was perfect for catching up on laundry, while reading, then reading a little more. 
After dinner TheHub and I watched Napoleon. I do think Joaquin Phoenix was too old for the part, but he did a good job of playing him.

Saturday: We stayed at home on Saturday and cemented plans for our upcoming Portland trip. We also watched Alabama basketball and softball. 

Sunday: We went to church, did a little running around afterward and came home to watch Alabama softball. Florida spanked Alabama.

Look for your joys, no matter how small they are out there!


March Reading:
The Girl Who Lived Twice
Remote Sympathy (I have been reading this between library books and it took a while to finish)
North Woods

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne


16 comments:

  1. Did I just see the "R" word?! (Retirement) Happy days!
    No Oscars Sunday night? I know ... color me feeling I sacrificed 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I am ready for TheHub to retire, he is going to have to understand I am NOT one of the people who work for him and don't cotton to anyone telling me how to do things or when to do them. I have managed just fine all these years without his input.

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you had a great time with your sister. It has been raining over here too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous here now, and that is wonderful. I always have fun with my sister.,

      Delete
  3. I cannot complain about my life, but I would love to be able to see Pip anytime I wanted to. Grass-Greener

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just had my UK vote reinstated after almost 30 years of being deprived of it. I think it is so important to vote - maybe people will realize this if/when they are no longer allowed to!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My theory is the only way I can complain about government is to have my voice in it by voting

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you managed to find your joys each and every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you worry about how your husband will adjust to retirement? You're so active, does he have things planned to keep him active on the days he wants to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has no plans other than us traveling for the first 6 months after he retires. He is already on the board of a local non-profit. He is also in a position to be valuable as a consultant to some businesses and hopes to do that. He loves golf and is eager to learn pickle ball. He'll be OK

      Delete
    2. Oh that is great! I was just wondering if it was a situation where he worked and then had no active social life, which would turn YOU into his social life - I am glad you guys will spend time together but have separate interests. Not that I am married or partnered up, but together time and separate time seem super key for a good healthy relationship.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good week of accomplishments. Sorry about the rain. Hope your trip to Portland goes well. My husband watched Napoleon. I decided not to watch it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week was a good week, even if I did not get a lot of housework done. Oh well

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a very joyful week. I would much rather read than do housework any day. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.