Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2024

How Did The Plans Go?

This week required little time or effort on my part. Some meals were simply reformatting leftovers, some were takeout or restaurant meals and some just happened. It does not matter since we were fed, had no real food loss, and we made it to Portland to see the most beautiful girl in our world



And on to our meals

Monday Plans: Cabbage soup
This used the remaining cabbage and carrots from St Paddy's meal. I had chicken broth I had frozen and some Conecuh sausage also in the freezer. I did use the rest of the onion from the fridge, but also had to cut a new one. I threw in some of the sun dried tomatoes for good measure and some chopped celery.
It was good, not great, but good. I am going to have to eat it every day for lunch so it will be gone by the time we leave for our trip. I think I will be good and tired of it by then.

Tuesday Plans: Ruben casserole, mashed potatoes
Neither of us were particularly hungry, so I booted the potatoes. The meal was tasty but we are fond of the taste of sauerkraut, and I had loaded  the dish with it.  The one serving that remained was frozen for a lunch some day in the future.

Wednesday Plans: Tacos with fixings
We decided to just run out and pick up a chicken dinner from Jacks. It was neither bad nor good, but it was fine and I had no cooking .

Thursday Plans : Taco Salad
TheHub had tacos, I ate a taco salad. It worked for both of us with leftover taco salad for my Friday lunch

Friday Plans: Whatever 
We had theater tickets and decided to go early and eat somewhere close to the show. Some C/W superstar (I have no idea who he is) is preforming at the same complex and limited parking would be even worse. Going early and eating nearby was the best solution. At least that is what we thought might happen. It seems na large portion of the people going to the C/W concert *arrived very early and the restaurants were packed. 
Once the theater opened TheHub found something from the concession stand to snack on but we waited until we got home and ate a pb& j.

Saturday Plans: Whatever
We knew we would be eating on the plane and had pre-ordered our meals
I had a fruit and cheese plate and TheHub had some chicken dish. Mine was better

Sunday Plans: Whatever
We knew supper would happen but had no idea what or where. We let Son1's family drive the meal train and wound up eating. Pizza at their house while watching basketball. 

Whats happening this week?
Monday - who knows
Tuesday - who knows
Wednesday - who knows
Thursday - who knows
Friday - either something from the freezer or take out
Saturday - see Friday
Sunday - Easter meal  Stuffed boneless leg of lamb, asparagus, rice pilaf, mixed greens salad, grape salad and something for dessert (no clue yet)

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all

*After standing in line for the theater doors to open we were able to observe hundreds and hundreds of Zack Bryant (I finally found out the dudes name) female fans. I really do need to get in touch with his tour manager because they need to rename this the Boots and Butt cheeks tour.  Boots and Daisy Dukes were the fashion choice of the night.

29 comments:

  1. Smiling at the Boots and Butt Cheeks Tour. We are eating the same menu this week it seems. Who knows indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back. I hope the weather has cooled enough for you.

      Delete
  2. That's funny. I see a lot of boots and butt cheeks around here too. Glad you had a nice time with your family. We're having lamb and asparagus for Easter also and I can't wait. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope we get home in time for the lamb to defrost before Easter. Anne

      Delete
  3. Turning taco night leftovers into taco salad sounds good. I wrote out a tentative meal plan, but like you said, it's a "who knows" kind of week for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks are just who knows types of weeks

      Delete
  4. It's a no plan week here, not that I'm great at meal planning anyway. I'm doing an overnight visit to drop off boxes to my daughter's, with a visit with my grandson at some point. It depends on when the auto body shop can get my car in.
    Have fun in Portland.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky you get to see your grandson. And that is really going to change soon. Anne

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of Ruben casserole...what's it? Stuffed boneless leg of lamb and asparagus for Easter menu sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mainly layers of kraut and shredded corn beef with a swipe of Russian dressing between the layers. Topped with shredded Swiss cheese and rye bread crumbs. Anne

      Delete
    2. It is basically layers of sauerkraut, shredded corned beef, Russian dressing (repeat layers) topped with shredded Swiss cheese and buttered rye bread crumbs

      Delete
  6. Dying at the boots & butt cheeks tour :-)

    so glad you made it to Portland, and hope you have an absolutely fabulous week with your family! - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen so many but cheeks in one place in my life. Anne

      Delete
  7. Hubs loves lamb(his mom cooked it regularly evidently)but I didn't grow up eating it so even though I've fixed it a few times I'm not a fan. Give me liver!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so sorry for your poor husband who has to suffer through liver rather than have delicious lamb. He should come have lunch with us.

      Delete
  8. I wonder if there is anyone who actually cooks what they plan. I won't touch lamb or any dish that contains it. Liver is sooo much better when cooked right. When I cut off my jeans, I had butt cheeks showing no matter how long I cut off the jeans. I did not realize what was happening, but husband told me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liver in all forms is the worst food possible. Did you wear the jeans anyway? Anne

      Delete
  9. Your reuben casserole sounds yummy. Of course I do love cabbage too. So was the show good? I am always impressed with your dinner menus. We never plan anything unless company comes over and that seldom happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The casserole was fantastic, but I admit I love vinegary sour foods. I plan and we may or may not have the meals I plan. It really depends on the week and what is happening. Anne

      Delete
  10. Have a wonderful time (I'm sure that won't be too hard, right)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seeing Pip is enough for me. Everything else is just a bonus. Anne

      Delete
  11. We are in the same boat this week, Anne. Who knows? LOL It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun with Pip!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am already having fun with her! Anne

      Delete
  13. I am with you on the "Who Knows" train this week, my friend. Save me a seat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seat saved. I figure that train is a pretty big one. Anne

      Delete
  14. Are you and Pip going to do some cooking together? You've been practicing teaching at you Happy Place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No cooking except for cooking up things to do. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful visit with Pip and the rest of the family, too, of course! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.