Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Almost Made It

The meal plan for the past 7 days
1. Hot dog and fixings, chips
2. Veggie dinner TBD based on produce available
3. Out to eat
4. Grilled steak, baked potato, tossed salad
5. Chicken casserole, coleslaw, some green vegetable
6. BLT salad Hub did not want salad so we changed it to just a regular sandwich
7. Veggie dinner TBD

The veggie leftover meal happened at lunch. I did not have as much cooked as I normally would have and there was just enough for two small lunch plates. 
The chicken casserole did not happen because we went out for dinner twice rather than the 1 time I planned. 
Over all we did better than we usually do, didn't we? 


My aim for the next 7 days is to use things we have either in the pantry or freezer. If I do go to the store it will be to cherry pick things to stock up.

Possibilities for Wednesday - Tuesday
1. Garlic butter chicken tenders, glazed carrots, rice pilaf, tossed salad
2. Grilled tuna steaks, chopped salad,  potatoes (TBD)
3. Grilled steak, baked potato, broccoli,  tossed salad
4. Peruvian chicken w/green sauce, potatoes, cucumber salad
5. Veggie meal TBD
6. Stuffed bell peppers, coleslaw, jasmine rice
7. Out to eat

22 comments:

  1. Garlic butter chicken tenders rolls trippingly off the tongue and sounds so delicious.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THis is what I plan on making tonight, though there are several hours left for me to change my mind

      Delete
  2. Great job staying on plan for the most part. Peruvian chicken w/green sauce sounds delicious. I haven't had that in a while and need to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will call actual;y making it a crap shoot. I have no resh jalapenos or cilantro. If I remember to buy it we can have it, if not we wll have something else.

      Delete
  3. Look at everything crossed off on that list. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apparently am under the motto cook once eat four times. I think theres enough servings of this and that in the freezer I could get away not cooking for myself the rest if the month. The garlic chicken tenders and Peruvian chicken sound very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to buy some stuff for the Peruvian chicken, so it may or may not get made.

      Delete
  5. This sounds so good. I’d love to have a seat at your table.
    rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken, steak and tuna...I love your next week's menu plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did really great with staying on track with the meal plan! Lots of crossed off items! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Anything starting with garlic butter makes me sit up a little straighter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!! Where are you purchasing your lettuce??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am buying it anywhere but only buying organic, then washing and drying it well before using it.

      Delete
  10. You ate 6 of your planned 7? That's gold medal work, right there.
    Garlic butter chicken tenders is my pick for this menu (as if I wouldn't demolish them all)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a very delicious food week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the honesty of it - we make plans, life happens.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.