I made no real progress in July toward Christmas, though I did revisit some Christmas magazines and listed a few things I intend to have done before Dec 1.
I tentatively planned a Christmas party with my childhood neighbors for December 1. It will be a weekday event, in the early afternoon (possibly an early lunch) since a few are older now and don't like to drive the interstates after dark. It will also be early enough in the holiday season to avoid the chaos of Christmas.
I found a new home for my music box collection. For years Mom gave me one beautiful bisque porcelain Christmas music box right after Thanksgiving. I love them and have put them out every year, but I am now scaling down how I decorate for the holidays. When I asked Son3 if he wanted them, he said yes. Both he and DIL3 are musicians so it kind of makes sense. I had 15 but I am keeping a couple of them for sentimental sake. The rest will live in Tennessee for now.
The Christmas card list needed cleaning up, so I both added, deleted and changed addresses for those who have moved in the last year.
I know some of you have seen my praises of the Libby app. Due to the magic of modern technology, I was able to look through about 20 Christmas magazines from the comfort of my couch and make a list of things I would like to try for Christmas, both foods and decorating ideas.
And, if it counts, I watched The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
August needs to see me get busy.
Ho Ho Holy Smokes, This Year Is Flying!
I simply can't believe it's already August..where had time gone?
ReplyDeleteIt has flown!
ReplyDelete