Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Maybe Menu

The menu plan worked fairly well the past Wednesday through Tuesday. We had some leftovers one night that I did not plan for, and the thawed ground chuck I had planned for stuffed bell peppers turned into taco night. Stuff happens! 



Planned and mostly executed:
1. Garlic butter chicken tenders, glazed carrots, rice pilaf, tossed salad
2. Grilled tuna steaks, chopped salad,  potatoes (TBD)
3. Grilled steak, baked potato, broccoli,  tossed salad
4. Peruvian chicken w/green sauce, potatoes, cucumber salad
5. Veggie meal TBD
6. Stuffed bell peppers, coleslaw, jasmine rice
7. Out to eat

Understand when I strike through the planned meals, some minor adjustments have probably taken place. For example, instead of rice pilaf on the first meal listed, I made twice baked potatoes and did not bother with the glazed carrots.

New Possibilities
1. Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad
2. Hamburgers with all the fixings, potato salad, coleslaw
3. Grilled tuna steaks, coleslaw, baked potato 
4. Veggie meal TBD
5. Drunken meatballs over rice, broccoli, 
6. Out to eat
7. Crack chicken, coleslaw, rice, dinner rolls

19 comments:

  1. Your planned meals sound delicious, I ordered some groceries to be delivered in the morning, so there might be some changes to my meal plan options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I decided to change my menu planning from Monday to Wednesday. That way I can see the current ads and plan my menu with that in mind, even if I had not yet gone to the store/stores

      Delete
  2. Good job! How do you make your drunken meatballs? I made stuffed poblanos the other night and they really were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make batches of meatballs and freeze them. I just grab a handful and put them in a pot with brown sugar (I use a monk fruit variety now) a little bourbon, dried mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dried minced onions, and a tiny bit of garlic powder as the base. Let it cook until the sauce thickens, taste it and add whatever seasonings I feel like at the moment. It changes slightly every time I make it. We do not like. lot of salt and because I salt the meatballs when I make them, I do not salt the sauce.
      I made these once years ago for a family reunion and now it is my "assignment" each year.
      I will confess, for the extended family events I buy the bags of plain frozen cooked meatballs, because there are usually about 60 or so folks at those.

      Delete
    2. That sounds really good, I will have to make them soon. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  3. You stayed with your plan very well. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat almost the same thing every day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub likes variety and I have been doing our meals that way for decades

      Delete
  5. Drunken meatballs? That sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of veggies on my plate after a farmers market score and happily enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying the fresh produce, and especially the peaches. They have been outstanding this summer.

      Delete
  7. I would never be sorry for making tacos with ground beef over anything else. LOL We love tacos. Twice baked potatoes sounds good too. It's been too long since I've had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub and I split a baked potato and I decided instead of just having 1/2 each I would gussie them up a little. I should do it more often.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad Lori asked about the drunken meatballs. I want to try that! Tom always keeps a bag of those precooked frozen meatballs in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had Peruvian chicken with green sauce (a recipe I got from you, btw) last Monday. I have already had another request for it!
    -Meg B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything that is tasty and quick. Glad it worked for your family.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.