Translate

Monday, September 28, 2020

Supper time, Supper time, Sup Sup Suppertime


If you look below you will see why this particular song is the one that popped into my little pea brain today, not that I don't love Nat King Cole's voice. 

Per usual my meal plan and actual meals did not converge. That's life, or at least my life. If you have read my past meal plan post, you know the only thing I do consistently well is take out. Everything else is hit or miss and honestly it is mainly miss. 

This is what was planned:
1. Seared scallops, green beans, potatoes, salad, rolls
2. Spaghetti, tossed salad
3. Veggie dinner: Butterbeans, squash, tomatoes, coleslaw, cornbread
4. Another veggie dinner: Okra, corn relish, lady peas, cornbread, tomato slices
5. Pork tenderloin, broccoli, rice
6. White bbq chicken, caulitato salad, baked beans
7. Take out

And this is what we really ate:
Monday: We had cleaned out more of Mom's closets and had to get a rather large donation ready for pickup. I came home and just did not feel like cooking. Additionally we had a coupon for a $3 reuben. The sandwich is so big that we split one. We are the last of the big spenders.
Arby's reuben sandwich

Tuesday:
Worked again at Mom's for a bit, then came home to string green beans. The beans yield has far overtaken the zucchini and I harvest enough to cook every single day. 
Green beans, squash, coleslaw, cornbread

Wednesday:
I love it when TheHub actually requests something for dinner. I don't mind cooking but I get tired of thinking about what to make.
Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad

Thursday: The weather was cooler and it rained all day. It was the perfect time to put on a pot of butterbeans for a veggie meal.
Speckled butter beans, air fried okra, tomato slices, corn relish, cornbread

Friday: The Hub and I rode around just to get out of the house and see life going on somewhere and we decided to pick up dinner
Jack's chicken dinner

Saturday: Son2 and DIl2 came over and spent the afternoon and evening with us. It is ball game time down south  Roll Tide, Roll! Since our beloved Alabama played at 6 we decided to make life easy and ordered a take out meal midmorning. All I had to do was zap it for dinner and our meal was on the table with minimal effort.
Costa's baked ziti and salad

Sunday:  We had a boatload of salad left over, along with tortilla chips I forgot to open for the game day tv marathon.  It just made sense to use it for dinner
Taco salad

And this week I definitely have to begin keto again. Covid has been very very very unkind to me


 


                                                             Self portrait amid quarantine

Meal Possibilities for the week
1. Leftover spaghetti (TheHub) tossed salad
2. Cheeseburger salad
3. Egg roll in a bowl
4. White bbq chicken, caulitato salad, green beans
5. Greek chicken salad, asparagus, rolls or keto rolls
6. Grilled steak, grilled veggies, green beans, tossed salad
7. Grilled tuna steaks, coleslaw, cauliflower mashed potatoes or real mashed potatoes (TheHub)

p.s. If any of you had a blog comment from Merry,  it was me. I have several email accounts I use for various things and I was logged into my internet shopping google account/email address. The name I used in that account is Merry Christmas because I set it up several years ago when I was buying some  gifts online. Sorry!

26 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe you like for white barbecue chicken? Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
      2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
      1 tablespoons lemon juice
      1/4 teaspoon black pepper
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      pinch teaspoon cayenne pepper
      1 teaspoon sugar (I use swerve)
      1/2 teaspoon horseradish (the stuff in the jar, not fresh )
      I grill the chicken brushing it with olive oil a couple of times during the grilling process. Remove from the grill and lightly salt and pepper it. Then we use the sauce to pour over the cooked chicken when serving it.
      It is easy.

      Delete
    2. Sounds yummy! I have leftover roast chicken. I will try it. Thanks for the recipe.

      Delete
    3. I was going to ask the same thing- Anne, that chicken sounds delicious. I have all the ingredients too. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Plan followed or not it sounds like a good week of meals. Quarantine has not been good to me either, I remembered to jump on the scale the last time I went to the grocery store. As suspected I've put on quite a few pounds since March - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you skipped scallops. They are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to straighten the freezer. I can't find them right now, but I know they are in there.

      Delete
  4. I had a bit of a week of not feeling the cooking vibe either. Sandwiches were a staple and one night, I'm ashamed to say dinner was potato chips and dip. I've got a semi-plan for this week....fingers crossed.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did a lot of take out, but for the next few weeks while I get back into the rhythm of Keto I will need to make my meals at home.

      Delete
  5. I had a comment from Merry - thought what a pretty name it was (ha, ha, daft ol' me)! And I wouldn't worry about the covid pounds. Apparently it's the figure or the face when you get older and (so I'm told - or at least would like to believe), the extra fat stretches the wrinkles away. Well that's my version of it and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel "thicker" right now, and I am not liking it so it's keto now.

      Delete
  6. When I was married, I begged my ex to tell me what to cook because I was tired of deciding what to cook. He was shocked, saying he thought I like to cook. I did, but the eternal thinking what to cook was oppressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking is much more difficult than the actual making.

      Delete
  7. I have a book club member named Merry, one of the three Mary's, if we ever resume again. Nothing wrong with take out. We are saving our funds for take out next week at th elake, but I'm sort of pissed at Wisconsin and their literal giving no sh*&%$*ts about Covid, that I don't really want to support their businesses, but that's short sighted of me. I won't grocery shop ther ethough-no one wears masks and we will not go inside the couple bar/grill's that also serve food, even for pick up. If they won't bring it curbside, we aren't ordering there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still masked up everywhere and I would say 99 percent of the people are but every store around here has signs saying they require masks. Some of the grocery stores even have recordings on loops stating they require masks and to maintain social distance.

      Delete
  8. Those poor scallops have been ignored for two weeks in a row! I find myself a little envious at your take out (which we call take away). I think we had it twice last year.
    And yes, Covid has given many of us extra pounds to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub misses going out to eat more than anything, so I guess this satisfies his need (kinda).
      I think if I would go to restaurants he would be delighted, but I am just not going to yet. I noticed Covid is on the uptake again here, which seals that deal for me. Take out is our compromise.
      The scallops are not being ignored, they are just hiding somewhere in the freezer!

      Delete
  9. I had a comment from Merry! I wondered who she was and I clicked on both links to her blogs, each with a couple of really old posts! Had no idea it was you! :D

    Ha, ha, I like that portrait - the lady looks very prosperous!

    Your meal plan sounds delicious as always. I haven't had any take out since early March. I substitute frozen food for take out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply responded to several blogs without realizing I signed in under the wrong google account.
      We have done takeout regularly but we only use places with a drive in window or curbside delivery.

      Delete
  10. Penelope immediately expressed interest in the recipe. She has chicken on the brain.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great that you are getting so many beans. We really enjoy them. I wondered who Merry was, good to know. Your veggie dinner sounds so good... Butterbeans, squash, tomatoes, coleslaw, cornbread. That is my kind of meal.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.