Translate

Friday, August 20, 2021

It's The Little Things

I keep up with my joys each day so I can sit down on NYE  and review all the good things that happen each and every week.  I had high hopes that Covid would be mostly in the rear view mirror by now, but sadly that is not to be. I am still going almost nowhere and any place I do go (grocery or drug store) I go masked then leave, open the car door, grab the hand sanitizer and do the hand sanitizing routine before I even get into it.  So instead of talking about the joys we would be having on our beach trip (cancelled due to Covid) once again I will focus on the little things that make me happy.



And this has made me happy for a year or so!

Friday: Son1 and DIL1 use day camps for Pip's daycare during the summer. As a result she gets to do try a varied amount of activities each year. Friday they sent precious photos of her last day of cheer camp. Since we are Alabama fans, I had sent her a cheerleading outfit several years ago. On the last day she wore her Alabama cheerleading outfit complete with Alabama pom poms, not what you would expect to see in Oregon. DIL1 texted me later that morning and said she thinks it might be time for a new outfit, since she has been wearing that one for 3 or 4 years and it was definitely on the smallish side. I am pretty sure I can arrange that!

Saturday: TheHub and I made our usual run to the produce stand, then ThePig and Publix. Afterward we did different things around the house and yard to get ready for Son3 and DIL3. And for a really silly joy, we are finally getting some female blossoms on the cucumbers and I found a couple of small cucumbers forming. 'Bout time! 
Saturday night we were looking for something to watch and found the 6 episode series McCarthney 321 onHulu. If you grew up listening to the Beatles you might like it.

Sunday: We had another open house and had more traffic than we have had before. As usual my sister and I laughed a lot. After the open house I had phone conversations with all 3 sons, and a special call with Pip

Monday: I sold a cool chair that I really liked, but had no place for it anymore. I am so glad Bless suggested the August decluttering challenge. I am getting rid of one item each day for the month of August, but I think I will continue it well after this month. Taking stock of things I actually use and letting go of some of the excess is so freeing and makes me very happy.

Tuesday: I made major progress rearranging some rooms upstairs. TheHub helped me move some furniture that was just too heavy/bulky for me to do by myself. Things look so much better now.

Wednesday: We had an impromptu showing of Mom's house. I have no idea if anything will come of it or not but they looked and measured for quite a while. The bonus of the showing was watching their adorable 12 month old daughter crawling around the house.
And the best joy in quite a while was DIL3 and Son3 arriving. 

Thursday: I will confess even though it was a stormy day, having Son3 and DIL3 makes the rainy day not bleak at all.  They even managed to swim a bit between storms. My silly joy was while Son3 was looking through the big freezer he found a corned beef and mentioned that DIL3 loves it. I took it out to thaw, a future meal planned itself, and I gained some space in the freezer! It's a win all the way around.

So go find your joys. Large or small, they are around for the finding if you just look for them.



28 comments:

  1. Love your joys!
    Hope you have a great visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I love having them here, and hopefully I will see another son and dil this weekend. I wish Son1's family could be here also. Thanks again Covid!

      Delete
  2. That happy dancer has a smile pasted on my dial. Thank you.
    And hooray for joys. Big or small they are so very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the kid dance. I only wish I were somewhere when something like that would happen!

      Delete
  3. Focusing on the little things will hopefully help. I’m sorry your trip was cancelled. I was hoping COVID would be in the rear view mirror by now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little things are what keep me going right now. Focusing on the big picture is difficult right now.

      Delete
  4. I'm not aware of the August Decluttering challenge -- yet the last couple months I've been eBaying with vigor. Why on earth I thought it necessary to keep my 1960's Girl Scout sash?(*sigh*) Tom observed: You realize, 3 years ago we spent a lot of money to move all that stuff across the country.
    I'm going to look for that Beatles documentary on Hulu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Bless had not issued the challenge I would not be doing it, but now I am approaching it with vigor.

      Delete
  5. Finger's crossed the showing turns into something more. It certainly seems this couple were interested.

    Loved the video, that's hilarious. At first I was thinking you might have a video of Pip cheerleading. That would be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a video of Pip cheering but unless her parents post something on social media I would never post it.

      Delete
  6. Love all of this! Enjoy all of the time with your family, and love that Pip was able to have fun at camp & make use of your gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad she had fun at camp too, but I am especially happy that she has her own style and does not give two hoots who likes it or not.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad that your Son3 and DIL3 arrived safely and meals are practically planning themselves! :) We can definitely continue with the decluttering challenge in September, too! I need to declutter more, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to continue through September and October at least!

      Delete
  8. I’m sorry you had to cancel your trip. But you are so good at finding joy in little things. Have a wonderful weekend, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the kid's attitude and style. He is quite a dancer. I wonder if he still dances and so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch it. I hope he still dances with the same joy.

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry you're not able to see son 1's family. I have the same sadness not seeing my son, it's been so long. Best to keep finding daily and weekly joy where we can rather than wallow in what's not possible. Masks are back here, but more encouraged. A few places mandate, and I've seen not fits pitched yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very sorry I can't see them either Sam. I have not seen Pip since 2019.

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear that you were unable to take your beach trip. So much of the South is suffering from the stupidity and the pig-headedness of the anti-vax movement, which is dreadfully destructive for the people who love life and want to live healthfully.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Mae the anti vax issues cross so many different demographics here.

      Delete
  12. So happy that your son and DIL are visiting. Can you declutter anything into their car when they return home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finally realizing that even though I may like something, if I haven't used it in like forever it really needs to go, so well done on your challenge. And that little lad dancing sure has confidence aplenty (and rythmn)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching that kid!
      I am loving getting rid of things also!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.