Translate

Monday, December 6, 2021

I Guess I Have To Start Cooking Again

I need to get back to planning meals and cooking something. This past week we had some pretty crappy meals, mainly because we had just gotten back in town and I just did not want to go to the grocery store. So we had a week of takeout, canned soup, canned stew, or sandwiches. If it was basic and took little to no thought or prep time, we ate it.  And surprisingly we lived.  But now I need to pay a little bit more attention to what we put in our mouths.


This is the tentative plan for the week. (It could change if I am not feeling it, or just see something sparkly and lose focus)
1. Taco al pastor, salad
2.Stuffed bell pepper, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, Waldorf salad
3. Grilled tuna steaks, salad, asparagus, rolls
4. Soup or chili, coleslaw
5. Reuben sandwiches, caulitato salad
6. Christmas party at friends (heavy hors de oeuvres )
7. Leftovers (taco salad possibly)

I have to admit after listening to this song I wish I had some cider and turkey wings!

Have a great week staying on plan. going off plan, or with no plan at all

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well this is just what sounded good this morning. As the week goes on there is no telling how it might change.

      Delete
  2. I am heading to the grocery store in a few hours. What we eat for the week depends a bit on what looks good and/or cheap in the store.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. I just looked through the freezer to plan this menu. I have to start shopping again at some time.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could get some oomph for cooking right now too but I'm afraid it went out the window while I wasn't looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a week like that a few weeks back. I was anxious to have a real meal. Well, I suppose it was five days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started cooking again this morning. I am very thankful for the crockpot today.

      Delete
  5. My favorite is Christmas party with heavy hors d'oeuvre s. I love a good hors d'oeuvre spread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could sure go for stuffed peppers; it's been years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has not gotten cold enough to totally kill our garden. When we got back from Oregon we harvested 15 bell peppers so I have to use or freeze them.

      Delete
  7. Nice menu! Roll Tide…. Wow!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a much easier game to watch than the AU game!

      Delete
  8. I like the Christmas party meal, myself! Chili sounds good, too, but, my daughter doesn't like chili, all that much.

    I made a tentative meal plan for the coming week, myself: I have some leftover cooked ground beef, so, curry puffs or remake it into keema curry for a couple of meals, fish curry with rice and vegetables for a couple of meals, and ham tetrazzini/casserole for another couple of meals! If needed, there's a package of Italian sausages in the freezer, which can be cooked and eaten pasta or mashed potatoes. It will be a freezer/pantry type of week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stuffed bell peppers sound great to me -- and there are so many fillings that can go in them. We do buy them but they are expensive, so it's neat that you grow your own!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need a plan here because we have been drawing a blank on what to fix. This ends up with takeout more often than we need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely an appetizer girl, so I'd be all over that. Yum.

    I'm going to have to try caulitato salad. I love potato salad, but my husband won't eat it (potatoes), so maybe this would be a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're definitely eating more hearty meals these days with the cold weather upon us. I noted you mentioned your crockpot - that's a kitchen appliance I could never do without.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to connect to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came home from the funeral and just the thought of trying to rustle up a meal was overwhelming, but I think I might be close to getting back in the groove....

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.