Translate

Friday, December 17, 2021

Wow Oh Wow! 50 Weeks Are Gone

So now week 50 is in the books and we are left with just two weeks in this year.

I apologize for not posting or responding a lot this week. I am rarely online much during the weekend and as you can see on the Sunday post, things changed quickly over the week. I did read your blogs but was just not in a position to respond to many.  I was not able to sit very long and I just can't seem to respond easily from my phone or iPad.




Friday: We met Son2 and DIL2 for dinner at Perry's. It is not normal for us to go out to eat at 8:30 and not get home until after 11. Yes, we have gotten old!

Saturday: We were invited to one of the best parties I have ever been to. There was a lot of social space (indoors and out), great food and two of the most awesome hosts ever.

Sunday: TheHub and I finished the Christmas decorating. It is less than I usually do, but the house is festive and it is enough. We also caught a couple of episodes of Succession. I am very eager for TheHub to finish it so we can begin the new season.
After watching the show we decided to get into our newly installed all year present to each other. We purchased a Jacuzzi and it felt wonderful while I was in it. Not so good afterward though. When I was getting out I misstepped and fell from the top of it onto the concrete. It did not feel very good__at all. My joy is that nothing was broken.

Monday: After the accident Sunday night I was not feeling great Monday, but My Beloved Sister and I had a mid morning meeting with the attorney that we had to keep. It was nice to have someone to be with me and make fun of me while I was hobbling down the hall. Laughter did not hide the bruises and did not make me walk any straighter, but there is something therapeutic that comes with it.

Tuesday: My book club ( there are 5 of us) met for our annual Christmas party with the exception of one member. I am sorry she was unable to come but we still had fun. C's house is a Christmas wonderland, and the perfect setting for us to get together. We met once this summer at an outdoor restaurant and this is only our second time together in 2 years. My joy was sharing time with some of my most favorite people. Additional joy is that C has padded dining room chairs which made sitting possible. 

Wednesday: Tuesday night I went to bed and did not make a pillow tunnel to keep me from moving in my sleep. Bad move on my part, and lesson was learned. I woke in a little worse shape than I had been, and the bruising looked a bit worse than it did the day before. Though I should have deep cleaned the den and the kitchen, I didn't. I did chores that were pretty easy on my body and required little bending or twisting.  One big joy was getting a Christmas card from a fellow blogger. It was much appreciated!

Thursday: I woke and felt substantially better. Joy! It happened at the perfect time so I could meet my SIL who was in town for a doctor's appointment. P and I had. long lunch at PF Chang's. We had great conversations and caught up on what has been happening in our lives. Her's  has had the most change since she has two new grandson's added to the tribe this year. I am very lucky to have her as a sister in law and we made plans to meet in Tuscaloosa (halfway between us) next week for dinner so the brothers can see each other also.

So that sums up the joys (and slight trial) for the week.  There are always good and joyous things out there if we just look for them.

May all your weeds be wildflowers! (And no broken bones)
Anne

31 comments:

  1. Oh no, Anna. I’m so sorry you head an accident on Sunday. I’m sending you lots of good thoughts so that you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you didn't break anything when you fell! Those falls are not joyful, are they? I still have some bruising from my last fall and it wasn't quite as bad as yours would have been!

    Yikes! Two weeks? That's all? Where did this year go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year just flew by while I was staying t home. If I had been out living large I guess the year would have felt like it only lasted a month instead of three.

      Delete
  3. Oh how awful, and we fall so much harder now that we are older. You poor thing. Pictures of bruises please....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pics of bruising. I am just glad they are fading now!

      Delete
  4. Love LOVE that song! (And the old TV show, too.) The Jacuzzi's a super all-year present! But I'm so sorry you took that spill and suffered days after. What a pity, bones don't bounce.
    Thank you so much for the sweet Christmas card; your handwriting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I laugh about my handwriting. It is the only girly thing about me!

      Delete
  5. I was feeling your pain when you described the fall! And, onto concrete, no less. OH MY! I am certainly glad you did not break anything. Hopefully, you did not bruise a bone since those hurt for months. Hobbling is moving, so good for you. That cleaning can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the week progressed the hobbling got much better. I can stand like a big girl now!

      Delete
  6. Ouchy! So sorry. Glad there were no broken bones, and I hope the bruises and the soreness goes away so you can enjoy your new jacuzzi again. Actually it might help
    with the soreness?
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the body is built to try and heal itself.

      Delete
  7. I hope your pain and bruising disappears quickly. Enjoy the Jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing much better. The jacuzzi? I am not sure I will ever use it again

      Delete
  8. I am so grateful you weren't hurt even worse! I'm so sorry. I sure hope you can just heal and let what must be done go by the wayside for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very, very glad that you are feeling better. And thank you for reminding me (each and every week) that there ARE joys. Even on crappy days there are joys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single day has something joyous, just some days have more noticeable ones.

      Delete
  10. so sorry to hear you had a fall. i am still recovering from a slip on a wet floor four months ago! the ribs have healed but my ribcage was so badly wrecked that i am still in some discomfort and a bit of pain. old bones!! have a great festive season! cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falling was much easier when I was young, that's for sure. I hope your healing continues quickly, Sherry.

      Delete
  11. Oh, my! Concrete and slips don't mix. I hope you continue to feel better. I got the first couple of seasons of Succession from the library this week and watched the first episode with my husband. I can see that it set up an interesting set of characters and family dynamics. We probably won't be watching more, but now I know what everyone is talking about. I also read the wiki page on it to catch up with the basic story thus far. One of my goals for the day is to get it returned so someone else can check it out because its I'm not the only one who doesn't get HBO who is curious about what everyone is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first episode was just the set up and actually a little boring. I do like it but I want THeHub to finish the first two seasons before someone I talk with starts talking about season 3.

      Delete
  12. I have been waiting for all the episodes of the last season of Succession to be finished and now I will binge on the final. I hope this will be the last of it. Your active life makes mine sound very mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My life is not active at all, and I am missing the things TheHub and I used to do. I am ready for Covid to be a bad memory instead of an uninvited intruder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes! Glad you are healing! I arrived in Utah this week with lots of snow and I have been walking very carefully trying to avoid a fall. I am not young like I was in my college days out here. I think falls happen when we least expect it! Hope you get well soon! Cindy in the Soitj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True about not expecting it. If I had been anticipating missing the step I would have avoided that mistake!

      Delete
  15. Oh my, so you won't make the synchronized swimming team this year then? I'm so sorry to hear about your fall but gosh you were lucky that it wasn't more serious! Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very, very lucky. TheHub was with me and he thought by the way I fell that something had to break.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.