Translate

Monday, December 20, 2021

What We Might Be Eating

 I will openly and freely admit I did not cook at all last week. We either ate stuff from the freezer that
only had to be thawed and reheated or we did takeout. Truthfully it was mainly takeout. I was a little dinged and was moving kinda slow so food prep was on the back burner. I am moving better and I guess I need to plan something, especially since this is Christmas week.  Now that we are in countdown time I just need a little Christmas spirit, because I have been a little ho-hum this entire season.


Monday: Tortilla soup, coleslaw

Tuesday: Meeting my BIL and SIL in Tuscaloosa for our Christmas celebration dinner

Wednesday: Hot open face sandwiches, caulitato salad

Thursday: Pasta dish (possibly Alfredo) tossed salad

Friday: Traditionally we have Chinese takeout on Christmas Eve

Saturday: Brunch is the headliner and is subject to change___Breakfast casserole, ham or turkey, Brussels sprouts or asparagus, garlic cheese grits, rolls, coffee cake or sweet bread, stuffed celery, various cookies and candies
Dinner will be tomato soup and a grilled cheese (tradition)

Sunday: Leftovers all day (and cookies, lots of cookies)

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all. But most of all have a Merry Christmas and be sure to tell each and every person you care about just how important they are to you!

16 comments:

  1. I am glad that your recovery continues. I will make a humungous fruit salad on Christmas Eve and live on it for the next week or so. I will also cook turkey breast and make some salad for the more traditionally minded. And hooray for leftovers and being able to point hungry people to the fridge.
    A very, very Merry Christmas to you and yours. And yes, you are one of the people who is important to me. So many blog friends have claimed a home in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you are feeling a little better, Anne. And I hope you get your Christmas spirit back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your body continues to heal. I didn't take a fall, but standing for two days making treats did enough of a number on me and I was sore this morning. We're doing pizza tonight-Vikings game, but I promised my daughter some fish, and I bought stuff for tortellini soup, another food she likes. I'm a bit leery of gatherings now for the weekend, so figuring out where we can ll get tests, even if I have to buy the expensive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about that fall but still no pictures of bruises? Sorry I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take selfies when I look my best. No way I am going to take pictures of bruises!

      Delete
  5. I hope you recover from you injuries soon. Your menu for the week sounds good!

    Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are continuing to heal after your fall. I think you were very wise to do take outs, last week. Hope you continue to recover this week and get take out as and when needed. Your meal plan for the week does sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed with your menu. I just bought a lot of ground beef, bison, and a couple of steaks, along with lots of fruits, vegetables, homemade bread from store, pizza, bacon, sausage, waffles, ice creams, etc. and told my daughter and son in law to make whatever they wanted. He made a bison, potatoes, carrots,onion, garlic, and tomato soup in crockpot that was delicious. I have been eating lots of snacky stuff like Parmesan crisps. I swear I have gained the ten lbs I had lost…Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure, you never go hungry no matter what the plan is (or isn't).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brunch and cookies sound good! I hope you recover soon from your fall as it is not fun to be hurting when you want to do things to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we're too old to start making our own traditions -- but your soup and grilled cheese sounds wonderful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fixed and interesting meal this week for my kids. Roasted vegetables with bratwurst. It was a meal I had for the first time at our Senior Center and decided to try and make it at home. It was very good and the kids liked it. (or said they did).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if I'll post again before Christmas but merry Christmas Anne. Much love to you and your family! Joyeux Noël!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your meals. Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, falls and bruising are so debilitating! I get grumpy with that kind of thing but I don't detect any grumpiness in your post. Well done, you.

    Takeout meals are the perfect thing to make meals easy when life isn't.

    I hope you feel much better every day and have a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.