Translate

Friday, December 24, 2021

The 51st Week Is Done

I remember one of these posts when I realized the year was halfway over and I could not believe how fast it had happened. Now that this week has passed, there is just one week left until 2021 is in the mirror. 2022 is looming and filled with possibilities, resolutions (that will be broken if it is like every other year) and a whole lot of unknown. 
But before I can step into the new year, I have to finish this one, which means today will find me cleaning like a mad woman and getting things ready for the big day! I wish every single one of you a Merry, Merry Christmas. All I want for Christmas is abundant joy for everyone, free from any drama or pettiness. 


These are some of my joys for this past week

Friday: We had TheHub's office party  at the Birmingham Museum of Art. There were a good many people there but the space is large and there was plenty of room to spread out.

Saturday: It was a rainy day so we stayed home all day Saturday, except for TheHub's recreational shopping trip. I got some things done, but then we started watching Succession. Oh well! So much for productivity!

Sunday: The day was beautiful and we got our yearly charities tended to and in the mail. That evening we went to see the ultimate Christmas light display with Son2 and DIL2.  After riding all through Pepper Tree (where we saw the most over the top display I have ever seen celebrating everything from the nativity, to Santas, to elves, to pac-man chasing binky) we had dinner with them at a new restaurant near their house.

Monday: Back to the lawyers with my sister. Ugh! They are helping us navigate some investment issues and I appreciate it, and need them to translate the legalese to make sure our big fat fannies are covered.  But just when we think everything is in order the investment firm comes up with yet another thing that needs to be authorized and signed. 

Tuesday: I finished the Christmas shopping which is bleak this year, but no one needs or really wants anything and I refuse to buy simply to have presents o'plenty under the tree. After I got home I had just enough time to change into clothes suitable for a dinner in Tuscaloosa. We met TheHubs brother and our SIL for delicious food and a lot of laughs!

Wednesday:  This was cookie baking and gift wrapping day.  Baking was finished and a huge mess was made!

Thursday: TheHub did something he has never done in our entire married life (except for when we were still in school) He left the office at lunchtime, came home and picked me up for a lunch  at a new cute restaurant, then he went grocery shopping with me. (real shopping, not his recreations kind)
Then we came home and watched one episode of Succession in the daytime and another at night. It was a fun day

So go about this week finding your joy in both the large and small things every day brings!
May all your weeds be wildflowers!


               And for your enjoyment, you might want to watch/listen to this video !


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Anne




 

19 comments:

  1. You had a nice week- legal stuff aside. I'm just sitting here enjoying calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! Hope it is filled with every good thing!

      Delete
  2. Christmas has arrived here (though dawn is a few hours away). Thank you so much for your wishes, which I echo.
    And hooray for joy packed weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny. As I have aged I understand wanting only joy and peace for everyone!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely week of joys!
    We took the Christmas lights drive through our town last night, and it was fun! Some of those neighborhoods take their light displays seriously.
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found for the past 2 Christmases people are taking outdoor decorating much more seriously.
      Have a Merry Christmas, Kathy!

      Delete
  4. What a great version of Joy To The World. I wish you joy on this and every day to come.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this version of JoyTo The World. I am sending good thoughts to the universe for joy and peace.

      Delete
  5. Lovely joys this week (yes, even the legal stuff because you have help dealing with it and you get to share the experience with your sister!). We are still in the baking part of our Christmas preparations, here! Wish you and yours a joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish you and your the same, Bless! I am starting the brunch prep now!

      Delete
  6. Other than the legal stuff, sounds like a really good week, Anne. How sweet that your dh came and picked you up for lunch and shopping. That sounds like a lot of fun! Merry Christmas to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a god week. Merry Christmas to you and Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Anne. It's 9 pm here and they've all gone home but it was lovely. Best wishes to you and yours and I hope 2022 is kinder to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Anne! We're just back from son's place -- overly full, but blessed in those things that matter. I hope your own memories are delightful.

    PS - Like ABBA sang, thank you for the music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas! Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.