Translate

Monday, January 31, 2022

Kinda Like A Plan

Every Monday I try to come up with a meal plan for the week. Sometimes I mostly stick to the plan and sometimes the plan might as well not exist. This week I was fairly consistent with what we had vs. what was planned. Minor tweaks and a major head and body ache on Sunday was the difference.

What was planned for last weeks meals:
1. Chili, coleslaw, cornbread
2. Chicken tamale casserole, broccoli
3. Steamed shrimp, new potatoes, tossed salad
4. Mac and cheese, broccoli, Waldorf salad
5. Leftover lentil soup, cheese biscuits
6. Take-out
7. Conecuh sausage one pan meal (onions, peppers, potatoes and cabbage), corn bread

What we really ate:
Monday: Shrimp, new potatoes, tossed salad
Tuesday: Chicken tamale casserole, tossed salad
Wednesday: Mac and cheese, green beans, Waldorf salad
Thursday : Chili, coleslaw, pilot crackers
Friday: Takeout Taziki's Friday Special
Saturday: Leftover lentil soup and crackers
Sunday:  Mushroom soup for TheHub, hot tea for me (felt bad)

This weeks plan is virtually nonexistent. I hopped off the keto trail before Christmas and need to get back on it, so I am doing a severe plan to kick off keto, beginning Tuesday. It is a five day mainly soup plan with daily breakfasts. It does not sound particularly enticing, but it is only 5 days and is doable. I did tell TheHub he is on his own for dinner. There are  leftovers, things in the freezer, or he can stop on his way home and get whatever he wants. Since I will be on this beginning the 1st, it only leaves me with 2 meals to plan, Monday and Sunday night.




1. Spaghetti and meatballs, tossed salad
2. Something grilled (weather permitting), tossed salad, baked potato (or none) and if the weather is bad we will cook a burger inside.


Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with non plan at all!




34 comments:

  1. Good luck with rejoining the keto trail.
    We are going to do the groceries later today. Our plan (such as it is) will depend on what the stores have at the moment (some products are noticeably absent).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noticeably absent seems to be the operational word everywhere right now.

      Delete
  2. At one job, I ate the same soup for lunch for three months and lost 30 lbs with no effort. The soup did have diced potatoes and corn, so probably not keto, huh? But, soup did the job. Happy keto eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not keto at all. I just need a fast reset then I will continue on with keto, but do normal keto.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including this link, Anne! I'm seeing several of her recipes that intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME wants the chicken tamale casserole recipe please, and I think I will do chili tomorrow, you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and post the recipe this week. It is so easy!

      Delete
  5. Close relation had surgery today ( Monday). I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich for supper. I probably will be doing grocery deli during my caregiving duties after work this week. Some weeks are like that. Your menu actually sounds good. I like tomato soup. Broccoli and cheese is very nice also. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they recover quickly. Some weeks are definitely just snatch and grab weeks.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. I need more structure than just starting a regular keto diet. This does not sound great but it is only 5 days.

      Delete
  7. Hope you are feeling better, Anne. Good luck with the keto kick off week! I remember trying an Atkins diet soup, back in the late 1970s (78 I think), and hated it! But, that might have been because it had no added salt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your re-set with Keto. I just can't live without my bread and potatoes so it would never be for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like bread but I can easily forgo the potatoes. I really miss crunchy food when doing keto.

      Delete
  9. This is perfect chili weather! I need to make that this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chili. We had it last week and it was very good, with lot left for THeHub this week

      Delete
  10. Kinda like a plan serves the purpose. And can't go wrong with Bobby Bare. Good luck with your diet. I did a sheet pan roast with lemon potatoes, brussels sprouts & salmon yesterday. I came across a recipe for a chickpea/tomato/chard topping for spaghetti squash and that's next on the menu. I need to make a pot of soup. Maybe carrot/rice to use up the garden carrots stored in the fridge. Good luck with your reset with a new month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the luck. I need it as much as I need to get back to doing that keto thing.

      Delete
  11. Good luck with the keto soup plan. I just had a look and it does seem doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the soup today and it is neither good nor bad. Doesn't matter because it is what I am having for the next 4 days (secretly glad day 1 is in the books)

      Delete
  12. Good luck with your Keto diet!

    Chili is so good in this weather. I made a pot yesterday. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your 5 day plan! That's really the perfect amount of time to kick start a diet (or anything) -- long enough to have an effect, short enough to stick to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 days is doable and I am seriously glad 2 are over!

      Delete
  14. 5 days of strict soup keto sounds like my idea of hell so I take my hat off to you!

    It never occurred to me that keto pretty much counts out crunchy carbs, lucky it allows plenty of delicious butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is not particularly satisfying but it is just 5 days

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not envious of your diet! We try to keep things varied and try new recipes, though that leads to tempting ourselves a lot.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying new recipes and tempting myself is exactly why I am in need of this strict (and mostly unappealing) reset.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.