Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Another Week In The Books

Whew and there goes May! How did that happen? The 21st week of the year has come and gone and we are on our way to week 22. I am not trying to speed up time because it goes fast enough without my egging it on, but I am very excited since there are just 13 days until Son3 and DIL3 get here, then just two days before we drive to the beach and meet Son1, DIL1 and most importantly, Pip for a mini beach vacation. I can wait, but I wish I didn't have to!




Saturday: TheHub and I woke early and ran some quick errands. Our first stop was at the produce stand. Besides delicious tomatoes I got a bucket of perfect strawberries. The day was gorgeous and we should have worked out in the yard all day once we returned home. Instead we watched Alabama softball, then we went outside. We flunked pool vacuuming, but while we were trying unsuccessfully to get it hooked up we saw a precious baby bunny. I have not seen a baby for several years. 

Sunday: We watched more softball and then headed outside to do a little more straightening, planting and more pool failing. We did decide on some pavers to use in a secluded area of the front yard. Sunday evening we had our neighbors over for drinks and conversation on the upper patio. We had only been sitting outside about 15 minutes when the rains came and we ran to the screened porch (which was a big mess!)

Monday:  I had very little joy in the morning, but I did get the bedrooms upstairs ready for guests when Son1 and family and Son3 and bride will be here in June. Then the phone rang and who was on the other line but Sluggy! What a great and bright spot to an ordinary day!

Tuesday:  This was my volunteer day at Independence Place for the week. I know I say it every time I post about them but I never find as much joy as I do when I go there. Tuesday when I walked in I had one of the participants, Tricia, tell me she loves it when I am there. Be still my heart! I stayed there much later than I intended to but I did get all the gazelles painted and got the rhino's face painted. 
TheHub called me when I was on my way home to see if I had voted yet. I had not so we went together, then headed out to grab some dinner.

Wednesday: I am sure something happened, but I have no idea what it was. The day was very rainy, so I did not get to work outside. I alternated between working upstairs and the laundry room. I did talk with Son3 who was taking care of DIL3. She had been at a workshop out of town and came home feeling a bit under the weather.

Thursday: Talked to Son3 right off the bat and DIL has Covid again. Got some stuff around the house done, read some blogs and decided I needed to reach out to one down in the dumps blogger. So I talked with Sluggy which was the biggest joy of the day. 
I know I mentioned before that TheHub and I are pretty bad at getting some of the pool things done (not for the lack of trying, but we are obviously trying the wrong things). Sometimes you have to admit defeat. Ian, the pool guy, came and got it halfway done and is coming back Monday to make sure the water is safe for swimming. 

Friday: The test results were back for Son3 and he tested negative. Good enough!  Plus the rains were gone, the day was gorgeous and even cool. I think we only had a high of 81. Woo hoo!
I messed around the house doing some chores but did more planning than actual doing. 
In the afternoon I ran to Aldi where I actually found one of their Aisle of Stuff ad items I thought might work for the upper patio. I don't think I have ever found any of their specials before, except for candles. The only downside was that I could not load it to even pay for it by myself. About the time I got a call from TheHub who was on his way home earlier than normal. He told me to wait there and he would come help me. We got it balanced on a cart, paid for it, then loaded it into the car. After I get the patio set up like I hope it will be I will try and post a picture of it.
We both drove home separately and both ran a small errand before having a quick dinner at home, then running out to do a few things. It turned out to be a very nice day, even if I was a bit of a morning time slacker. Now on to a Memorial Day weekend.

Look for your joys, large or small. They are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne




23 comments:

  1. A big sigh on the covid reinfection. I hope your son can escape.
    You have a LOT to look forward to in the coming weeks.
    And yes, that comment at the volunteer place would have had me smiling. All day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call the aisle of stuff at Aldi's the chainsaw aisle because my father-in-law bought a chain saw from there once-something I never thought I'd find in a grocery store. :) Here's wishing for a speedy recovery for your DIL and hope that the virus does not spread to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish this stupid virus would go away, but it seems to go silent for a while then come roaring back.
      I love calling the AOS the chainsaw aisle.

      Delete
  3. Exciting times ahead! Gosh, I hope your DIL recovers quickly and is able to join y'all. I'm going to have to check out Aldi's one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is already feeling better. I just hope Son3 does not catch it from her.

      Delete
  4. I hope your DIL recovers easily. Next time you talk with Sluggy send warm regards from others too. The malaise seems to be here for so many. I'm so happy for you getting to see your whole family in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She feels better already.
      It is too gorgeous here to be restless. Instead the day calls me to get out in the yard and do something.

      Delete
  5. Hope DIL3 recovers completely and Son3 will continue to test negative. Hope everyone will be well enough for the planned reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weather has been just about perfect! Only once did I look for anything at Aldi's in that aisle. I did not find it. I hear some items disappear immediately, so you must be there early on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was picture perfect and was a great day to be outside. TheHub and I were working on the seating set I found at Aldi. What should have been very simple took us a long time and by the time we were finished the sun was about to set and I was covered in mosquito bite, in spite of having continually applied Off

      Delete
    2. Try Vicks Vaporub. I have chosen to smell medicated rather than be bit. You could also apply it to a handkerchief around each wrist and neck or ankles. Just anything!

      Delete
  7. I think this is going to be your best summer ever! I hear it in your plans and your attitude, the rainbow after the storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be! Actually that is my hope for everyone!

      Delete
  8. "May all your weeds be wildflowers" Well, when you come to my house and looked at my flower beds, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of do the same with the "lawn" in the backyard.

      Delete
  9. Glad you son tested negative and hope that your DIL will be restored to full health soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daughter's family and two of my son's kiddos surrounded me this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you've been missing seeing your family so I'm thrilled to hear you'll be having company soon. Hope DIL3 recovers quickly.

    Please do share photos of your patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting so close to being done, but I will admit I keep arranging and rearranging everything on the patio. It is not quite how I imagined it. I think a couple of more plants and the outdoor string lights will make a big difference.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.