Translate

Monday, May 16, 2022

It Was A Week Of Grand Galas, Not!

Well, summertime is here in all its hot, sunny glory. We have been working in the yard a lot lately and have not been really hungry in the evenings. Instead we are mostly thirsty and tired. 
I kind of liked having no plan this past week. I just looked through the freezer, found what I could make for dinner quickly and let it be what it was.  


What was planned for last week:
1. Tossed salad
2. No idea 
3. No idea
4. No idea
5. No idea
6. No idea
7. Take out or eat out

This is what really happened:
Monday: TheHub was not going to be home for dinner and there was no way I was cooking anything.
Tossed salad

Tuesday: I found a pack of frozen cooked cubed chicken in the refrigerator freezer and had a bell pepper that HAD to be used immediately.
Chicken cheesesteak, tossed salad, rolls or none

Wednesday: I found a bag of cooked, sliced pork tenderloin leftovers in the refrigerator freezer. Worked for me!
Pork tenderloin slices, green beans, tomato cucumber onion salad

Thursday: A bag of spaghetti sauce with cooked spaghetti noodles was lurking in the refrigerator freezer. It was just enough for one which worked well because I was not really hungry.
Spaghetti, salad (TheHub) tossed salad (me)

Friday: Date night!
The Electric, wedge for me, flatbreads for TheHub

Saturday: We both worked in the yard, were hot, sticky, itchy (mosquitos love me) and neither of us felt like cooking so instead we grabbed a rotisserie chicken from Publix.
Rotisserie chicken, coleslaw

Sunday: It was another hot sunny day working in the yard. Dinner was either going to be something thrown on the grill or blown off entirely.
Hamburger with all the fixings, (thank you Aldi for carrying keto buns), sautéed mushrooms

This is what may or may not happen:
1. veggie dinner, squash, okra, sliced tomatoes, cornbread
2. meatloaf, green beans, new potatoes (or none) coleslaw 
3. salad dinner 
4. grilled chicken, cucumber tomato onion salad, green beans, saffron rice
5. grilled hamburger patties  or steak, tossed salad
6. grilled tuna steaks, salad, dinner rolls, new potatoes
7. out to eat or takeout

Have a good week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

18 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I notice the difference between you have a plan and when you don't. :) But I do know that you seem to eat well every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty easy for me to grab something from the freezer since I freeze most leftovers, even if it is just a single serving.

      Delete
  2. For a week with almost no plans you did well. And I hear you on the squitoes loving you. Himself likes me to be with him in areas laden with them as I get bitten and he does not. It seems I am a personal mosquito repellent for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always popular at outdoor gatherings because I seem to keep them away from others. Even as a small child those suckers hunted me down.

      Delete
  3. Not hungry? Please, what's your secret? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing a lot of yard work and when I come inside at night all I really want is a shower and to rest. But I am insanely thirsty!

      Delete
  4. Are you sore from all that yard work? Sis was really sore after she did her teeny tiny yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not terribly sore, but THeHub has been doing the majority of the digging. I can manage getting the big bags of soil and peat moss into the wheelbarrow and then I am good to go.

      Delete
  5. I find I'm not hungry either, but once I'm hydrated then the hunger kicks in on over drive. Dangerous! I too like bti pull a serving or two out of the freezer on those nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just not been terribly hungry lately, but it is probably mostly due to doing keto. After a week or two I no longer crave carbs which seems to be what I like to eat most. Its kind of hard to be really hungry for vegetables, salad and grilled proteins

      Delete
  6. Mosquitoes love me, too! Tommy and I were reminiscing about when I could do yard work. I sort of miss it. Well, I miss that I could do stuff and not ask anyone for help. Well, I was not one to dig. Is this work for food or just landscaping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing veggie gardening as well as landscaping. Last summer I spent getting Mom's house on the market and sold. I had no physical or mental energy to put into the yard, so we were really behind this year. It is looking much better now and we will continue working it.

      Delete
  7. Hot weather tends to make me want to avoid cooking. Glad Aldi had keto buns for you. They have an amazing selection of items. I just purchased vegan chocolate peanut butter ice cream bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Aldi and went again today to snag 6 more containers of baby Bellas to dehydrate

      Delete
  8. When i was a teenager the mosquitoes would eat me alive. I still sometimes see them biting but i seem not to react likei did which might be a benefit of age?

    Hamburgers caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one particular type of mosquito and once it decided to siphon from me I have a whelp about the size of a quarter that itches like crazy for a couple of hours.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like your week of "no idea" worked out quite well! :D I bought myself a pizza today, so this week's meal plan is going to be pizza, leftover soup, salad! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy the no idea week. It worked well for me!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.