Translate

Monday, May 9, 2022

Plans, Meh!

I don't know why I even bothered to plan meals for the past week since the only thing we ate that was on the plan was the leftover frozen spaghetti sauce meal. We had a week of comings and goings and either ate out or did the take out thing 5 times. It was ridiculous and I should be ashamed, but I am not. It was just the way the week went and my plans went with it.




What we were supposed to eat last week:
1.Veggie meal (TBD based on what the produce stand has)
2. Mexican street corn salad, guacamole and tortilla chips
3. Grilled burgers and fixings, coleslaw
4. Grilled chicken, caulitato salad, sliced tomatoes
5. Philly chicken cheese"steak" sandwiches, coleslaw
6. Out to eat
7. Leftover spaghetti sauce (frozen last Monday) over bucatini, mixed greens

What we really and truly ate:
Monday: Out to eat, fish sandwich or mushroom "burger"
Tuesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, dinner rolls, mixed greens (leftovers from the freezer)
Wednesday: Veggie dinner (Picked up from Bluff Park Diner)
Thursday: Taco truck take out , nachos
Friday: Out to eat at The Electric, wedge salad
Saturday: Hamburger patty, tossed salad ( Wow I actually cooked, kind of)
Sunday: Captain D's take out grilled fish, green beans, coleslaw

What I am planning for this week?
1. TheHub has a dinner meeting and it will just be me, tossed salad
Tuesday- Sunday I plan on spending a lot of time working in the yard, so I am making no plans. Whatever happens, happens. I have a well stocked freezer and a lot of fresh veggies so dinners will be whatever I remember to thaw and can throw together quickly.
2. No idea 
3. No idea
4. No idea
5. No idea
6. No idea
7. Take out

Have a great week, staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all! 

Now outdoors is calling to me and I am off to plant stuff!






16 comments:

  1. Have fun playing in the dirt this week. I'm hoping to plant some stuff too.
    I really have no ideas for meals this week. I may make lasagna since I'm craving some cheesy goodness.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am craving nothing, nothing sounds good and nothing sound bad. I just want to be outside!

      Delete
  2. Happy planting. I am sure you will eat - and hope that you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even care about enjoying food this week. I just want to get stuff done and enjoy the backyard.

      Delete
  3. I love your menu plan this week. Ours is easy, easy, easy or whatever as we have are in the last 2.5 weeks of school so there are constantly afterschool/evening stuff we have to attend like choir concerts, etc. It is whatbit is and the kids will be fed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, for a couple of weeks, whatever they eat is fine whether it is take out or PBJ!

      Delete
  4. I've been offline for a few days as I wanted to take a break and I see I missed all the excitement with the hot air balloons. Sure you weren't sunbathing naked in the back yard? I hope everyone was all right though! And yeah, I kinda like your meal plans for this week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am uninspired and had rather do other things now that the weather is gorgeous

      Delete
  5. I'm the same right now. However, the Mexican Street Corn salad sounds amazing and I need the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the dressing
      ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
      1 Tbsp lime juice
      1 tsp honey (I leave that out)
      ½ tsp paprika
      ¼ tsp cumin
      For the salad
      oil
      3 cups corn (I cheat and use frozen)
      1 clove garlic minced
      2 Tbsp lime juice
      ¼ tsp salt ( I usually just sprinkle the salt shaker a couple of times)
      1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed (I don't measure and use the entire can)
      1 red bell pepper, chopped (Or green. I have used either)
      1 small chopped red onion
      1cup cilantro chopped
      ½ cup cotija cheese crumbled

      Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
      Put a small amount of olive oil in a pan, add the corn and cook, stirring often until it caramelizes a little. Add the garlic and cook until it softens (stir!) Add the lime juice and salt, stir a little more. Pour into a large bowl.
      Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss together. Top with the dressing and serve.

      Delete
  6. When there are better things to do than figuring out, fixing food then it works to do what is more pleasing. We will all have next winter to plan meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot to get in order for summer here so I had rather be outside.

      Delete
  7. I loved the I actually cooked kinda comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did boil spaghetti and chop salad vegetables. I am counting that.

      Delete
  8. If nothing else, you have last week's meal plan as a guide! :D Enjoy your planting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have it to go by, but I am thinking this week is all about the grill or salads

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.