Translate

Monday, November 7, 2022

Busted

This was one of those weeks when I wonder why I even bothered to plan anything. I went off the rails nearly the entire week . Oh well, at least I am pretty consistent. 



 What was planned:
1 hot dogs, baked beans, coleslaw, chips (Our traditional Halloween dinner)
2 lentil soup, cornbread
3 broccoli cheese stuffed baked potato
4 chicken pot pie, tossed salad
5 out to eat
6 Broccoli stuffed chicken breast, salad or coleslaw
7.Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad

What we really ate:
Monday: Being Halloween and all, we had our very traditional Halloween meal
Hot Dogs, slaw, baked beans

Tuesday: We had some things we needed to discuss, so after going to Costco for a few items (Including one impulse buy on my part) we rode a few blocks to The Pita Cafe. It is rarely crowded so it is a great place to sit, eat, and talk things over. (And no, it was not about TheHub retiring, nor was it about my impulse spending.)
Camel racer sandwiches, tabouli 

Wednesday:  Neither of us were particularly hungry, I had leftover broccoli and queso in the fridge and a boatload of potatoes on the counter. Dinner planned itself.
Baked potatoes with broccoli, mushrooms and cheese, cheese biscuits from Jim and Nicks

Thursday: I forgot TheHub had a dinner meeting and I am not crazy enough to cook just for me.
Tossed salad, toast

Friday: TheHub wanted to go out for dinner again. It was bribery to get me to go clothes shopping with him. I sold my soul for dinner!
Flatbreads from The Electric

Saturday: In the afternoon I was very industrious and made a huge pan of meal sauce for spaghetti, but by the time we were ready to eat neither of us really wanted it. Instead I punted.
Brown buttered spaghetti, mixed greens

Sunday: TheHub and I were talking about going out to eat after church and realized it had been over two years since we had last done it. It was time to change that. Since we had a large meal it became pour main meal for the day. 
Pork chop, coleslaw, okra (me)  or Catfish, mashed potatoes, okra (TheHub) and a shared peanut butter pie. This is the first time in over two years we have eaten inside Fried Green Tomatoes, but we have done a lot of takeout from there.

What's up for this week?
We will only be here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We are leaving Thursday at dark 0:30 in the morning headed for Portland.
Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad
Tuesday: Whatever is in the fridge that need to be eaten
Wednesday: Whatever is in the fridge that needs to be eaten
Thursday-Sunday: Whatever we decide to do. We are keeping Pip while Son1 and DIL1 go out of town. 

We have a red-eye flight out of Portland around midnight and will be back in Birmingham Monday morning. It is a whirlwind trip and I am not happy about it being so short, but . . .

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

21 comments:

  1. Is there no way you could have stayedingee even if hubs couldn't? I'm sorry for the shortness of it. The Pita Cafe sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey any time you get to see Pip it is a good thing. I think I was off the rials most of last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing her. Disappointed it is going to be such a short visit but happy to be going anyway.

      Delete
  3. Have a great trip - and savour every moment. Hopefully blessed blogger will allow this comment through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip! It may be short but I'm sure it will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember to get your soul back! Hope you have a good trip.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THeHub cashed in some of his chips with shopping and a short trip. I have a lot in my bank now!

      Delete
  6. Good for you getting to go to Portland and see family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to get to see them. It has been several months since there were here.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like my upcoming holiday plane trip to see grands, which is very short bc of work schedule! Nevertheless, we both get to see grands and that is “grand!” Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pip all to yourselves. A sure a good time will be had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes completely to ourselves and that willl be fabulous.

      Delete
  9. Have a great time!!! Love hotdogs for dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo! We have had hotdogs on Halloween every year for decades.

      Delete
  10. Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy your time with Pip, even if it is short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I surely would love to have some chicken pot pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but I haven't had it yet! After we return home maybe.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.