Translate

Monday, November 14, 2022

To Eat Or Not To Eat

 We left Portland at 11:30 pm Sunday night and got back to Birmingham at 8:15 Monday morning. I know normal people can sleep on the plane but obviously I am not normal. Red -eye flights and I are not the best of friends. I turn my I-Pad on to night mode and read while everyone around me sleeps. It kind of sets the tone for difficult day when I get back to the house.



 As soon as we got home I unpacked, washed our trip clothes, did a few chores, then sat in the den  recliner and promptly fell asleep for about an hour. I normally do not take a nap, but I was bleary eyed, so I set the alarm for a short one, then kind of wandered through the rest of the day with a foggy brain.
I honestly did not think of planning our meals for the week until late Monday night, when I sat at the table with a cup of hot chocolate to read blogs.

I am not posting what we had for the week. There was a lot of eating out. In fact every meal from Wednesday night through Monday night was either at a restaurant or take out. (I will include our Monday night meal in the plan even though it has already happened. 

What is planned for this week:
Monday: Hamburger from Jack's
Tuesday: Parkinson's Fundraiser meal at Ovenbird
The rest of the plan is in no particular order
3. Stuffed baked potatoes, mixed greens salad
4. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw
5. Cottage pie, Brussels sprouts, tossed salad
6. Potato lentil soup, coleslaw
7. Sausage and cabbage

This may or may not happen, but right now it is my intention to have this for our meals. Who knows?

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!




It is that time of year to sign up for the Blogger card swap. The rules are simple, send cards to three different bloggers and receive cards from three others.

If you would like to participate please send me your name and address to the following email:

haljam27@gmail.com

I need to have your info by American Thanksgiving (Nov. 24) so I can give everyone their list to send. We have international participants and we need to get our cards to them in the mail early.

(Nothing will be shared publicly. I will compile the list and send emails to each individual participant. If you want to share your blog name that is fine and if you choose a little anonymity that is fine also. If you don't blog and are just a reader that is great also.)

Come on and join in the fun. The more the merrier!



27 comments:

  1. Too bad you cannot sleep on a plane. I have never flown at night, but I know a nap is never in my plans in the daytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have taken a red-eye from Portland several times. It gives us another full day with our son's family without an additional night's hotel expense.

      Delete
  2. I struggle to sleep on planes too. Fortunately I can (and do) nap during the day.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a napper and I know if I take a long nap I will be up almost all night.

      Delete
  3. I hope that you get to cook that chicken pot pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might doze on a plane but full hard sleep is a challenge. I made a list of possible meals so we'll eat, but without excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our meals are not going to be exciting but at least it will be something form home rather than a restaurant.

      Delete
  5. YUM on the chicken pot pie. I need to make one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it very difficult to sleep on a plane, also. And if I don't get regular sleep, I don't function well at all. I'm impressed that you could come up with a meal plan. BTW, that's one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't sleep on a plane either, and what's more I HATE flying. It knocks you out for a couple of days afterwards - but it was worth it right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only time I was able to sleep while on a plane was with the help of a strong prescription med. As it turned out, while everyone else was suffering from jet lag I was refreshed, ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would consider medicating for a red-eye for an International trip.

      Delete
  9. I can't sleep on a plane or in a car, unless I'm driving. That's a joke, although I have struggled to stay awake at times during a drive. I used to sing Leaving On a Jet Plane to my little girl every night while I rocked her before putting her in bed. Those were happier times.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can sleep on a plane if I can recline some. Hey Potatoe lentil soup recipe please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will send the soup recipe later. I know I have it____somewhere

      Delete
  11. Glad you got to see grandchild! I cannot sleep much on plane either. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing Pip. I just wish I could see her more often.

      Delete
  12. I have a talent for sleeping anywhere, including on a plane. I’m short so II don’t suffer as much as people with long legs. It’s fun that you have a Halloween menu that you repeat each year.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started the Halloween menu when ky sons were very young and itching to go out trick or treating, just so they would have some food on their stomachs before a sugar rush. TheHub and I continue it, because we always have done it.

      Delete
  13. Have a beautiful evening. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my younger days I caught a number of red-eyes from Malaysia to Sydney and I could sleep well. I'm not sure if I would do so well these days.
    You deserved a nap and a quiet day

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your meal plan happens. I know that I often take something out for dinner but when dinner time comes I'm no longer in the mood. It certainly isn't easy to get motivated after a trip. We visited our daughter in Montana and then just a few days after we got home we had to pack again and watch James. Now of course that was a pleasure but we are still exhausted!!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.