Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

I AM STUFFED

We had houseguests along with a holiday and it really did require planning along with a lot of cooking. I think this might be the first time I have ever stayed on plan with just a few minor tweaks to the menu. So that, and a buck .52 will buy me a medium coffee and McD's.

This song is horrible but so appropriate

Planned
1. Taco soup
2. BBQ, baked beans, coleslaw, tossed salad
3.Out to eat
4. We are doing the extended family pot luck Thanksgiving so our big meal will be at lunch, with leftovers for dinner. I am cooking a small turkey to pad those leftovers.
5. Ziti, tossed salad, breadsticks
6. Chili, cornbread, coleslaw
7. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw

What we ate
Monday: Taco soup
Tuesday: BBQ, coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw
Wednesday: Out to eat
Thursday: Thanksgiving feast with all the trimmings X2
Friday:  Ziti, tossed salad, breadsticks, tossed salad
Saturday: Chili, coleslaw, cornbread
Sunday: Turkey pot pie, tossed salad

What's up? This is the I hate being stuffed menu so let's get rid of all this now!
Lots and lots of leftovers*, either from the fridge or freezer
Hamburger (I am graving one)
Stuffed baked potato
Out to eat
More leftovers
Leftovers
Leftovers

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all.

* potato lentil soup, ham, ziti, pot pie, potato salad, tossed salad,

13 comments:

  1. Hello! Everything looks and sounds delicious! I always love waking up to a fridge full of leftovers on Friday morning. But by today, I am ready to get rid of the remaining stuff and wipe out the fridge and start fresh! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can eat leftovers as long as they last. Two turkeys in one day is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! We've been eating leftovers and I didn't even host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you finally got to make that pot pie :-)) I want to have some too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have ever seen you stick so closely to a plan before.
    Hooray for leftovers and cooking free days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be glad when I have leftovers from Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent at least some of the leftovers with my daughter, but, I've been having what was leftover from that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. We ate leftovers Friday and Saturday then Sunday I made a huge pot of Brunswick stew to use up the remainder of the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I like leftovers more than I like Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a strange song. I think the guy was having fun doing it, but I agree with your assessment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're done with the leftovers (minus the cranberry sauce), and have moved on to other things. I'm continuing to push things from the freezer, so we're making a bit of progress on that front, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't stomach anymore turkey so it is gone. I couldn't even bear to freeze any. Just not a big fan of leftover turkey after the 2nd day. But then again, I was sick over the holiday and had no real appetite. Tonight I made creamy potato soup, and it was good. But we did have hamburgers a couple of days ago, just because! Oh, and I made burritos the other evening too, and I had a leftover "taco meat" salad today...it was good. So yeah, it's time to move forward to new things. I'm glad we just have turkey once a year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I want a hamburger too :) Leftovers are great till they are not. I like to freeze them for later.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.