Translate

Monday, November 21, 2022

Plans Went Askew

Meals are planned and sometimes the plan happens and sometimes it doesn't .  It does not really bother me either way. This week? Well things changed on a dime.



What was planned:
Monday: Hamburger from Jack's
Tuesday: Parkinson's Fundraiser meal at Ovenbird
The rest of the plan is in no particular order
3. Stuffed baked potatoes, mixed greens salad
4. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw
5. Cottage pie, Brussels sprouts, tossed salad
6. Potato lentil soup, coleslaw
7. Sausage and cabbage

What we really ate:
Monday: We arrived back in town early Monday and after the overnight flight nI was just not feeling like cooking,
Hamburger from Jacks

Tuesday: We went to a Parkinson's fundraiser meal at Ovenbird. It was not your typical banquet meal.
Empanadas, paella, arugula salad, roast chicken on a bed of white butterbeans, bread pudding

Wednesday: Finally this got made.
Chicken pot pie, mixed greens salad

Thursday: Neither of us were particularly hungry and I am trying to limit food waste.
Gathering the remnants type of night. I only had enough of each for one person. Broccoli cheese soup from the freezer (TheHub) leftover chicken pot pie (me)

Friday:It was a very cold (at least very cold to us) night and was the perfect night to stay home and watch a movie after dinner.
Potato lentil soup

Saturdays: We had to go to a funeral in Tuscaloosa. Normally it would not have been a big deal, but it ended a few minutes after The Alabama ballgame. We were caught up in the game traffic and it took us what seemed like forever to get home. Neither of us had eaten breakfast or lunch and had planned on stopping somewhere close, after the service was over. The traffic and the fact that every food place was bombed with hungry after game patrons convinced us otherwise. Instead we just drove (I use the term loosely) back to Birmingham. We had one planned errand to do before the store closed. After we did that we went to a small out of the way Mediterranean place near the shop. I guess we had a combo breakfast lunch supper at about 4:45.
Kafta kabob or grilled amberjack, rice, salad, roasted cauliflower with garlic sauce

Sunday: The meal Saturday had so much food we brought home a lot of it.
Saturday's leftovers

What's up next?
Son3, DIL3, and one of their friends are coming for the holiday. I actually have made plans that we will most likely stick to pretty closely. I guess we will see!
1. Taco soup
2. BBQ, baked beans, coleslaw, tossed salad
3.Out to eat
4. We are doing the extended family pot luck Thanksgiving so our big meal will be at lunch, with leftovers for dinner. I am cooking a small turkey to pad those leftovers.
5. Ziti, tossed salad, breadsticks
6. Chili, cornbread, coleslaw
7. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!

16 comments:

  1. Yum.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I wish I had access to good Mediterranean food. Tonight's young to be orange chicken and rice from the freezer. It's what I got in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have access to several good Med. restaurants nearby. I am lucky.

      Delete
  3. Ziti sounds great. I need to add that to the menu, as I think Sam would love it. I don't think I've made it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baked ziti is one of my go to meals for a large crowd.

      Delete
  4. I have been miles from Alabama traffic and it is brutal. But, not eating all day, that must have been brutal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still waiting for that chicken pot pie to happen :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine finally did and it was so good I am making it again this week. (Shhh___It could possibly be turkey pot pie but don't tell anyone!)

      Delete
  6. Your meals all sound delicious! I have to make empanada's and chicken pot pie soon because I've been craving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably make empanadas a little closer to Christmas. We really do love them.

      Delete
  7. What you plan and what you actually have might be different things, but, it all sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week with your Son3 and DIL3. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.