Translate

Monday, February 20, 2023

The Big Freeze(r)

I did not do as well using things from the freezer as I had planned to. Life get in the way sometimes, huh? I guess it is a good thing I don't expect life to be a straight path from a to b, to c, to d . . . 



What I hoped to use from the freezer last week
pork al pastor tortilla dish
browned ground beef and onions egg roll bowl
turkey sausage
turkey burgers
chicken breasts
keto bread
cauliflower rice stuffed pepper soup
brussels sprouts

What was actually used
1 pack browned ground chuck with onions
2 tuna steaks
keto "fries"
1 pack pork al pastor
1 pack frozen ground chuck
1 pack cauliflower rice
the rest of the turkey burgers


Monday: An unexciting day needed something tasty at least.
Eggroll in a bowl, tea

Tuesday: Happy Valentine's Day. Rather than fight crowds at restaurants we opted to eat at home
Grilled tuna steaks, salad, mashed potatoes or keto fries, tea

Wednesday:  I was volunteering at IP so TheHub and I got home at about the same time and decided to just go out to eat.
Wedge salad, tea 

Thursday: I spent the day working upstairs getting the bedrooms and baths ready for guests this weekend. Dinner needed to be a quick meal.
Keto tortillas with pork al pastor, salsa, coleslaw, water (I forgot to make tea Thursday morning)

Friday: The night was very cold and just begged to be a soup supper.
Stuffed pepper soup, tea

Saturday: We intended to cook a steak out, but got caught up in a basketball game on TV, and decided we would settle for quick comfort food.
Grilled veggie covered turkey burgers, sans buns (meant to have Brussels sprouts with this but it didn't happen)

Sunday: Son3 arrived with his friends, headed to New Orleans. Since they are from the NYC area they all wanted bbq. I did not have enough time when I heard what they wanted to smoke a butt but it was easy enough to get since there are bbq joints everywhere around town .
Pulled pork, okra, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, banana pudding, half moon cookies, Bluebell ice cream (different folks wanted different things)

And finally, I hope to use 10 items from the freezer this week:
turkey sausage
brussels sprouts
chicken breast
keto bread
ground chuck
salmon filets
cauliflower rice
corn on the cob
green beans
Mexican pot roast

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!




18 comments:

  1. Hopefully that you can get to use all the planned items from the freezer this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can, but honestly if I can use any 10 items, I will be a very happy camper.

      Delete
  2. I would say you're doing pretty well. I need to work on using up the blueberries and jalapenos in my freezer. I have SO many. I guess muffins and poppers are in our near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of strawberries I need to use, and have no idea how I will use them.

      Delete
  3. Pork al pastor is a new dish for me. I looked it up and I think maybe that's how we'll cook our next pork shoulder. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your menu.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love pulled pork, but never bought an entire B-Butt until our friends were selling them to support little theater. Wish I'd bought 2. Or 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons I want to clear the freezer is so I can smoke several butts, seal them with the food saver and have it frozen and ready to have throughout the summer. I mean, what is better during the summer than bbq?

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great plan. I like your concept of using ten th8ngs from the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freezer is so full I am really having to make myself use things from it.

      Delete
  7. wow. you are so organised! Good job. :=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not organized, but I am trying to be intentional!

      Delete
  8. Your meal plans always sound good to me! And how lovely that Son3 and friends paid a visit! I think you did well with eating from the freezer! I took out a package of sausages from the freezer and plan to take out some turkey bones to make soup, later in the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me I have some bones in the freezer that I need to use and make stock

      Delete
  9. We are having pulled pork (freezer) for dinner tonight, and I finally tossed the pork chops my parents made & left behind. When I opened the container, they were freezer burned. Well, they are out of the freezer at least, but waste makes me annoyed.

    We did well last week, as we were skiing & brought most of the food with us & had minimal waste. It's hard to predict exactly how much you will need for each meal, so I feel good about what we brought with us/back home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s definitely not a straight path to clean out the freezer, all kinds of twists and turns. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.