Translate

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Joys and a Gripe

This week was a good week. Not a lot was going on but it was still an enjoyable week. My only beef is the issues I am having with blogger. One again I do not seem to be able to respond to most blogs. Sorry and bummer!
Amazingly, at one time there was this remarkable invention that let us communicate with each other almost immediately

Simpler Times!


Sunday: We started the morning with church, went out to eat, then came home to watch the Fed Ex golf tournament or read.

Monday: I got to volunteer at my happy Place. This week the participants of Independence Place learned to make, and enjoyed eating Sloppy Joe's

Tuesday: Reading, reading, reading and a surprise delivery. Someone we do business with had a box of peaches sent to our house. Thanks Scott and all. 

Wednesday: Talked with and laughed with Sluggy . I had to apologize for transferring my fear of tight spaces to her right before her MRI. TheHub has decided he wants to do something Wednesday evenings to break up the week. This week he wanted to go out to eat, so we did.

Thursday The day was drop dead gorgeous day 

Friday: TheHub got home very early so we took off, ran a couple of errands then went out to eat insanely early. 

Saturday: We did our usual running around in the morning and were home to watch golf. Instead we had a wonderful visit from DIL2, Son2 and their new dog Ressie. She is a mixed breed who was a member of a wandering pack. She is still quite young and had not developed aggressive tendencies. Instead she is a loving dog and we were thrilled to meet her.

;

13 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you had a great week, Anne. Blogger has been a pain on the neck in last few months. Commenting has become a struggle. I wish you a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good week. We are experiencing tropical storm Hilary and we had an earthquake today! The power went off a couple of times, but, it came back on and I am hoping it will stay on for the rest of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had troubles with blogger, but I cannot remember not being able to comment. Wonder why that happens? My friend adopted two Katrina dogs and they wanted to eat me and a few other people. Glad they got a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ressie sounds very sweet. I look forward to hearing about her more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you had a good week - and that you were able to go to your happy place. Blogger? Hiss and spit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having problems with saving my blog for the longest time and was considering trying to switch it to Godaddy (may still do that), and then all of a sudden it started saving again. And I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve had several blogger problems. If you use an IOS device, I suggest going in on blogger and changing up some of the settings. I can’t tell you which ones but I did that (went in and changed up settings but I don’t know exactly which ones) and was then re-able to comment on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always nice to have a pretty good week. I love making homemade sloppy joes. I'm sure the group loved them. I've had trouble posting on a few blogs also. I don't know what it is. Enjoy your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love knowing Ressie's found her forever home. Wondering if I should be pleased -- or embarrassed -- for remembering (most of) that cheesy dialogue from Bye, Bye Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear that Ressie has been adopted into a great home. Is Ressie short for rescue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my friend. Miss you. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun. song. It was only recently that I saw that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of Blogger frustrations, this Live and Learn.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.