Translate

Monday, August 14, 2023

Can't Really Go Wrong If It's Not Much Of A Plan

This was a week that had little to be planned. TheHub had a couple of procedures that drastically limited what or when he could eat, so much of it was a minimal and rather bland plan. The upside was there was very little to cook which was not all bad. 


                           These two things actually did make it on our plates this week

What I thought might happen:
Lady peas, okra, squash casserole, cornbread
Meatloaf, sautéed mushrooms, mashed potatoes
Mac and cheese, cooked carrots, vanilla pudding 
Jello, tea or apple juice
Take out 
Something grilled,  tossed salad 
P F Chang_ish lettuce wraps

What actually did happen:
Monday: We had been to the produce stand over the weekend and had all the ingredients for a veggie night on hand.
Peas, okra, sliced tomatoes, cornbread, sugar free chocolate pudding

Tuesday: This was the beginning of a two day ultra low fiber diet.
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, gravy

Wednesday: Day 2 of the low fiber diet
Mac and cheese, cooked carrots

Thursday: TheHub had to be on a liquid diet for the day. There was no way I was going to let him do it and watch me eat, so we both had the same thing.
Lemon s.f. jello, iced tea. 

Friday: By nighttime TheHub was feeling like eating more than just a bowl of soup, so we indulged in a bit of takeout (his choice) 
Jacks Chicken dinner, coleslaw and green beans

Saturday: When we were out running around we decided to stop at Snapper Grabber. TheHub wanted to get some steamed shrimp for his lunch. We got the shrimp but also noticed the grouper was gorgeous.
Broiled grouper, tossed salad, potato salad, rolls (yes I know it was weird to have the potato salad but I had already made it for dinner before we bought the fish)

Sunday: I love a day when dinner plans itself
Leftover grouper, leftover steamed shrimp, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner rolls

What might happen this week: (As usual this is subject to the attitude and mood of the cook)
1. Grilled steak, tossed salad
2. White bbq chicken, cauliflower chopped salad
3. Veggie dinner TBD
4. Out to eat
5. Grilled tuna steaks, coleslaw, dinner rolls
6. Big salad meal TBD
7. Monte Christo sandwich, coleslaw

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

18 comments:

  1. That was nice of you to share the liquids only day. Here we just leave the room at meal time when either of us is on such a restricted diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat at the table together every night. It is easier for each other if we accommodate whatever is happening with the other.

      Delete
    2. That's a very, very sweet and supporting thing.

      Delete
  2. My husband certainly didn't join me in my liquids only diet. But, I left him on his own & didn't sit at the table - read out by the patio. I didn't need the temptation of seeing & smelling the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if there was no food smell it would be kinder. Plus what is easier than making jello in the morning for an evening dinner.

      Delete
  3. You are a better man than Hubs, Gunga Din(or something like that). All this time I've been on my self imposed "diet", he's eaten whatever he dang well pleases with gusto(hot dogs, chili and burritos, 3 bbq sandwiches, chips, etc.)while I suffer with my meager 1 meal(or 1+meal) and liquids. Karma is a biotch Hubs.....that's all I'm saying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. True love is when a wife joins her husband when he's having a liquid diet for medical tests! The songs you link are truly fun! I've never heard this song before, but, now, I'm wanting roast fish and cornbread! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to an odd array of music all the time, so there is never telling what I will pull out from my music files. However I will admit occasionally when I am searching for a particular song from Youtube I might wander into something like this song that I have never heard before.

      Delete
  5. Grilled steak and tuna steak sound like a good plan for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I could not eat, his eating did not bother me at all. When I was at my daughter's house in NYC when she had a baby, I walked to the bagel shop and bought candy and ate it on the walk home so I would not eat in front of her. I was dying for chocolate and she was nursing. I went to bathroom when I got home and dropped a Reese's piece in the bathroom, out of my pocket I guess. Later, her husband asked what this was. It was candy. I had to confess. They were relieved. I suppose they thought it was drugs from somewhere.
    If I cannot eat for a test, I just don't eat. Why can't I be like that to lose some of this fat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make sure that we have everything needed and prepared when someone is on special diet, but I don't join them. I'm sure the Hubs appreciated your gesture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He kept telling me I didn't have to, but I think he did appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. I'm sure hubs was grateful that you joined him. All of your meals sound delicious this week, especially the white bbq chicken. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, as I am commenting here, I cannot even remember what I had planned for thw week at all. I guess I should look at my own list.

      Delete
  9. I've been in a use it spree, plus vegetable spree. With just me, a meal last s many days, so I e cooked, but not often. I got a baseball game event coming Sunday so need to be good so I can justify a ballpark hotdog and beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful time at the ballgame. A day/night at the park with crowds, a dog and a beer should be a needed spirit lift for you.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.