Translate

Monday, October 9, 2023

Dinner

This week saw virtually no cooking at home. In fact anything I was cooking up had nothing to do with food.



What I thought might happen:
1.  TheHub is out of town. Whatever is in the fridge (warmed up is optional)
2.  Ditto
3.  Grilled tuna steak, baked potato, tossed salad
4.  Veggie meal TBD
5.  Bulgogi, rice, kimchi, sliced red peppers, lettuce shreds
6.  Out to eat
7.  Sandwich TBD

What really did happen:
Monday: TheHub was in Denver and this was the easiest option.
Peanut butter and crackers

Tuesday: TheHub was still in Denver and this was the second easiest option, though it did require warming in the microwave.
Leftover steamed cauliflower, slice of pepper Jack cheese, crackers

Wednesday: TheHub had been eating heavy banquet foods for 3 days/nights and he wanted something simple. This was his suggestion. No cooking, no arguing!
Zaxby's chicken Philly cheese sandwich, coleslaw

Thursday: When I planned the menu I forgot this was the Greek Food Festival week. We go every year to eat and to also bring at least one pan of frozen pastichio home.
Greek Chicken and rice or Pistachio, both with green beans, salad, teropita, spanakopita, and   koulourakia for dessert

Friday: I actually prepared food for the first time all week. Of course it is about the easiest thing I could possibly make.
Grilled tuna steaks, baked potato, tossed salad

Saturday: We had to make an unplanned trip to a funeral visitation in a smaller town north of Birmingham. Because of the Alabama football game, we got a little later start than we hoped to and realized it would be around 9 before we got back. Instead of baking the pizza I had gotten for Saturday night, we picked up something.
To-go wings and french fries, coleslaw (from home)

Sunday: The Aldi pizza I planned on having Saturday became Sunday's meal. I cooked half of it, then froze the rest for another day
Veggie pizza

Which brings us to this week (maybe):
1.Veggie meal TBD
2. Knock off Chik-fil-A pimento cheese chicken sandwich, coleslaw
3.???Hub will be in a dinner meeting. Whatever is leftover
4.???Another dinner meeting                    "                 "
5. Hub's birthday is this weekend. Out to eat
6. Grilled chicken, caulitato salad, maybe another side or maybe not
7. Hamburger patty, mashed potatoes, tossed salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan (like me), or with no plan at all.

23 comments:

  1. I want some grilled tuna! p.s I thought you were doing keto...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jumped off the keto wagon big time during the summer and am having a hard time getting back on it.

      Delete
  2. Cooking and eating have not been really happening this week. Food is bleah. Hopefully next week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed somewhat on plan, last week. I made a new plan for this week, then, promptly changed it when my lovely neighbor's daughter brought over pizza, cinnamon rolls, and a doughnut from her sister's birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to see the Mavericks in Gstaad many moons ago. Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to them, but have never seen them live.

      Delete
  5. Food planning is the least of my worries this week.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a really "loose" menu plan this week, but at least there are semblances of meals in the fridge that I can pull out & cobble together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loose plans work too. With teen boys loose plans help with their ever changing plans.

      Delete
  7. I only meal plan a day in advance except for holidays or special occasions. I like the flexibility so it works for me. Your bulgogi meal reminds me I need to make that soon. It's been awhile. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan then I mainly ignore when I realize I had forgotten something that needed to be used. (Or we decide to go out)

      Delete
  8. Hi there, please excuse if this is inappropriate. Have you noticed that Practical Parsimony has not posted for a little while as she posts quite regularly I believe. I am new to this commenting on Blogs but have left 2 comments on her Blog which havnt published. Am hoping she is OK and wishing them both well. I noticed that you are a regular commenter on her Blog and as I have looked every day on her Blog and got concerned as there has been nothing new. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but hope she is doing well.

      Delete
    2. two dead computers, a vaccine that made me really ill for two days, and yahoo that makes me choose a new password each day--just a few things in my way. Linda Practical Parsimony in case I have trouble putting my name on this comment. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Peanut butter and crackers! I've had those kinds of dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your simple and easy meals this week. If it were just me I’d probably snack instead of cook. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having a virtually no cooking week

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rarely have a plan, except for blogging days or if i have a particular dish in mind to make. But a plan is good too ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.