Translate

Monday, October 30, 2023

The Great Reappearance

This past week was either eating out or what one of my sons called "used food" when he was a young fella. I have heard some folks calling them planned overs, but in my case it is just that I tend to overcook and hate food waste. TheHub is not a big fan of eating leftovers, but he will declare that he doesn't want something (Thai for example) because he ate it a couple of weeks before.  Too bad for him, because we had way too much food left. (Still do but it was frozen and will surface again sometime later.)


What was planned (if you can call it a plan):
We have 2 events planned this week that will include meals out
Leftover from the BBQ meal
Leftovers from the spaghetti meal
Big salad meal TBD
Greek chicken, Greek potatoes, green beans
Soup and sandwich TBD

What really happened:
Monday: I had cooked a ham for breakfasts when the company was here, knowing we would have a good bit left. I was right.
Leftover ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans

Tuesday: We were out at the Parkinson's fundraiser dinner. 
Chicken, shrimp, rice pilaf, green beans, tossed salad, assorted mini desserts

Wednesday: TheHub had a dinner meeting which meant I could do whatever I wanted.
Cheese and crackers

Thursday: We went to Helen for our anniversary  dinner.
Smoked mushrooms on toast, bbq okra (odd dish but we felt compelled to try it) grilled redfish, lamb chops. (We ordered two entrees and shared both)

Friday: Since we had been out a lot during the week we stayed home Friday night. I still have enough in the freezer or 4 more sandwiches. Guilty of over purchasing.
Leftover bbq on buns, leftover baked beans, coleslaw, onion rings, french fried (both cooked in the air fryer)

Saturday: And we did manage to clear at least two containers of leftovers.
Leftover spaghetti, tossed salad, apple cobbler (made with leftover cooked apples from guests breakfasts)

Sunday:Believe it or not this was TheHub's requested meal.
Tomato soup and bologna sandwich

This week?
1. Leftover pizza, tossed salad
2. Hotdogs and coleslaw
3. Black bean soup, cornbread
4. Stuffed bell peppers, coleslaw, cornbread
5. Out to eat
6. Veggie meal TBD
7. Soup and sandwich meal TBD

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

16 comments:

  1. I love tomato soup and bologna sandwiches, or grilled cheese. I would never have thought to bbq okra! Wow, was it good? Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had rather have grilled cheese.
      The bbq okra was definitely different. It was a combination of steamed whole okra and pickled okra in a sweetened mustard bbq sauce. Neither of us liked it enough to ever order it again, but it was not bad.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind an opinion on meals when solicited, but an uncalled for declaration is NOT treated kindly here. Too bad for them indeed, and that's putting it kindly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a request as long as it is a general request for sometime in the future. I don't play short order chef and make things to accommodate particular tastes (Mine excepted, because if I am cooking it I get to choose what I want to have, unless it is just using the leftovers)

      Delete
  3. Fortunately both of us like leftovers. And think that the flavours often develop over time. That is our excuse anyway and we are sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will agree with you on the developing flavors. I like leftovers. TheHub just does not like eating the same thing close to the same time. I usually freeze them and bring them out at a later time

      Delete
  4. Lots of leftovers and planned overs at my house! I don't always freeze the leftovers because then, they tend to sit in the freezer for too long!
    I didn't make a meal plan, yet, this week because I had leftovers to use up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were cooking just for me I would make two different meals and have it alternately all week. Or just eat popcorn or crackers and cheese.

      Delete
  5. Have a lovely day. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I had to laugh out loud at used food too. LOL I love me some good tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on working through the "used food". That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he was very young we bought used cars and thrifted or early attic everything else. I guess to him "used" was a common theme

      Delete
  8. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.