Translate

Monday, October 2, 2023

Do I even Cook Anymore?

I really have no idea why I am even bothering with a meal plan since I seem to be totally ignoring it. As a matter of fact we have been eating out so often I don't even know why I bother going to the grocery store.
Things around here are going to have to change.


 

In my delusional brain what I planned on cooking:
1. Veggie meal (TBD)
2. Grilled ham and Swiss sandwich, chopped cauliflower salad
3. BLT salad, dinner rolls
4. Stuffed bell peppers, mashed potatoes w/gravy, coleslaw
5. Out to eat
6. Pasta dish TBD, tossed salad
7. Grilled tuna steaks, coleslaw, dinner rolls

What I actually cooked (or didn't):
Monday: I buy several packs of bacon at one time, cook it softer than we like it,  then stick it in a freezer container. It only has to be heated and crisped in the microwave when we are ready to eat it. It also makes some meal times a snap to throw together.
BLT salad

Tuesday: TheHub had eaten a big meal at lunch and I just was not hungry.
Grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches, pickles spears

Wednesday: I guess eating out on Wednesday will be our new normal.
The Palm&Pig: Shared smoked mahi dip w/crackers, tomato stack salad (TheHub) coleslaw (me)

Thursday: After an evening trip to Costco, TheHub suggested we pick something up for dinner, though neither of us were in the mood for fast food. Lucky for us there is a small Asian place near our house that serves a mix of Thai and Korean deliciousness.
Pho Pho: Shared spring roll, basil Thai Chicken (TheHub) Bulgogi (me)

Friday: Because we had eaten out 2 nights during the week, I thought it was a good idea to skip our typical Friday night out, and actually eat in. Additionally I had 5 bell peppers that needed to be used right away. It changed the format of a meal I had planned but worked nevertheless.
Deconstructed stuffed bell peppers ( lots and lots of peppers), mashed potatoes, gravy

Saturday: We had eaten out for lunch while we were doing some running around and were not very hungry
Grilled cheese, dill pickles, apple slices

Sunday: I forgot TheHub was going on a business trip and I was not about to mess the kitchen up for me.
Leftover cold Thai basil chicken

Going forward (maybe):
1.  TheHub is out of town. Whatever is in the fridge (warmed up is optional)
2.  Ditto
3.  Grilled tuna steak, baked potato, tossed salad
4.  Veggie meal TBD
5.  Bulgogi, rice, kimchi, sliced red peppers, lettuce shreds
6.  Out to eat
7.  Sandwich TBD

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all



15 comments:

  1. That all sounds very enjoyable to me. I don't even remember what we ate last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did not write it down each day, I would have no idea either.

      Delete
  2. I like to go out sometimes, but I enjoy days when I don't have to put on my going out in public face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like to eat out but i do eventually start to crave a sandwich or other simple home food.
    Grilled cheese is a favourite of mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to eat out most of the time, but prefer it to be a day when I am already dressed to go somewhere rather than a day I stayed home and did housework in crappy clothes all day.

      Delete
  4. I like all your meal plans, even when you don't always make the planned meal. I bought some take out Thai food today - beef fried rice. I ate it for both brunch and dinner and there's still some more left over for tomorrow's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best kind of takeout. I love getting more than one meal from something we brought it.

      Delete
  5. We still have not gone in to eat yet. Bringing it home is less stressful for me. He does not care. Sometimes, I don't bother to heat my dinner. I am fullish, satisfied, and there is more for later. I am not supposed to eat a full meal, so it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do go into restaurants at least once a week now, but I am still a little funny about extremely crowded ones and will not go to those.

      Delete
  6. Looks like to me that you do plenty of cooking, and s no one is going hungry, it all seems good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not feel guilty about eating out one bit because we enjoy it. A BLT salad sounds delicious. And that is a great tip about freezing the bacon after it is partially cooked,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually cook 4 packs of bacon at one time, then freeze it. It lasts a long time in the freezer and we use it until it is gone and then I cook another 4 packs of it

      Delete
  8. Hello! I love to eat out. But In. So I guess that is takeout! I try to meal plan, but haven't during the move. I could go for a really good grilled cheese and tomato soup dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love PHO and the spring roll. We have a Vietnamese restaurant near us in Florida and that is one of my favorite meals. I've concluded that the more I eat out , the less I feel like cooking. I don't know if it's just not worth it for two or if all the salt, fat, and seasoning they use in restaurants stimulates my taste buds to just want to eat out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.