Translate

Monday, June 10, 2024

I've Things I'd Rather Do Than Cook

Summertime lazy's have their hooks firmly in me, and I am totally uninspired.



What was planned:
Out to eat
White bbq chicken, caulitato salad, baked beans (?)
Veggie meal TBD
Buffalo wings, celery sticks, tater tots
Latin(ish) lettuce roll ups
Cajun chicken, rice or mashed potatoes, tossed salad
Grilled tuna steaks, mashed potatoes, broccoli

 vs

What we really ate
Sunday: Neither of us were really hungry and couldn't think of anything that sounded really good so we did a little takeout run.
Chicken, coleslaw

Monday: It was another day that was just too hot to really cook. Thankful I keep cooked bacon in the freezer that just needs to be nuked.
Blt salad

Tuesday: Trivia night means eating there.
Americana salad or Pastrami sandwich

Wednesday: It was a perfect night for grilling. It was not too hot and was between rains.
Tuna steaks, O'Brien potatoes, broccoli

Thursday: Sort of a planned meal but not really 
Chicken wings, green beans 

Friday: Another hot night was perfect for another salad meal.
Cobb salad

Saturday: A quick trip to the produce stand was all it took for dinner to plan itself.
Lady peas, okra, tomato cucumber onion salad.

What's next?
1. Broiled triple tail, tossed salad, dinner rolls
2-7 days of cleaning out foods already in the house, before we go on our trip. I expect a mishmash of meals.

Have a great week, staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect summer week of meals to me. Now I'm off to google O'Brien potatoes. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really basic dish, partially cooked potatoes, onions and peppers sautéed in a little olive oil

      Delete
  2. I read that as 'Five things I had rather do than cook.'
    I listened to the Nat King Cole song several times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is already so hot there? Gosh, here we have lots of rain and too cold for June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are OBrien potatoes? A brand or a way of preparing them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom always cooked small potato cubes to almost done, then drained them well, threw them in a pan with diced onions, diced peppers and a little olive oil.

      Delete
  5. We love salads on hot days, but today here its cold. Too cold for June in our parts. Crazy weather can change our menu really fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been hot here. I don't mind the heat, but I don't like unnecessary heat in the kitchen.

      Delete
  6. That song was a favorite of my parents! Today, however, I've trouble figuring what NKC found so delightful about sticky sweaty Summer. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he was even originally from Alabama so he knew hot humid days.

      Delete
  7. I never made it to Jim and Nicks. I did manage a lasagne last week, shrimp and rice tonight because it is easy. I bought fresh organic heirloom tomatoes at the River Market and they have been amazing In sandwiches! Beats me what I will fix the rest of the week. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel uninspired in the kitchen most of the time.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know cooking is not your favorite past time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You still had some delicious sounding meals and this week's meals will be interesting, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be using whatever needs to be used! Won't be particularly good, but will limit food waste.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.