Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Slave to the Refrigerator

I planned no menu for the week because we are headed out of town soon and I had a lot of food hanging out in the fridge that was screaming "use me".




And this is what was used/eaten

Sunday: We went to the fish market Saturday and our purchase decided what dinner Sunday night would be.
Broiled triple tail, tossed salad, dinner rolls

Monday: Our wonderful niece called to let us know she was in town. Of course we wanted her to come by and eat with us, but I was only going to make something I had in the house.
Taco salad, wine

Tuesday: I was feeling icky and did not want to eat. TheHub stopped by Puvlix to gt his dinner and to pick up a carton of chicken broth.
TheHub, Deviled eggs, fried rice, me chicken broth

Wednesday: TheHub specifically asked for this. Check out Lori's recipe for a no bake version. Yum!
Mac and cheese and slaw

Thursday: Using what is in the fridge type meal
Chicken coleslaw, toast

Friday: Another use it up dinner.
Sautéed squash, coleslaw, tomato onion cucumber salad

Saturday: And another let's see what's hiding in the fridge meal.
Grilled chicken, asparagus, tomato slice

Once again I am making no plans. The trip is looming and we still have stuff that needs to be eaten.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did very well with what you had to use up. Our week featured a lot of veggies and salads since I went a bit overboard buying. Nothing was wasted though so it was a win. YAY on trying the recipe. I'm happy you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still using the remnants, but I do like having no waste, so we will keep having lame meals until we leave.

      Delete
  2. Always happy when I can listen to a Bill Wither's song. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. We ate. It was uninspiring but things were used without adding to the larder

      Delete
  4. Safe travels to you this week, Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip - and even better come home to an empty fridge and a wealth of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I get to come home with an immediate shopping trip! But the trip will so be worth it.

      Delete
  6. I hope your destination is cooler than what Alabama's serving. Safe travels and good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly cooler with more humidity and a constant breeze (At least that is what "They" say.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you found lots of good things in the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am by nature a serious over-buyer, especially with sale items

      Delete
  8. Eating your way through your fridge often requires creativity.. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.