Translate

Monday, June 3, 2024

Joys

This week came with May retreating and June arriving. Where has this year gone? I don't even begin to know.  Time just slips by whether we want it to or not.




Monday: I usually have Monday as my "get ready for the week" day, but it was Memorial Day so the day was a little different. TheHub went into the office for a couple of hours because it is easier for him to work when no one else is around (Sounds like someone is is retiring in a couple of weeks doesn't it).  He stopped on his way home and picked up a surprise rack of ribs to add to our Memorial Day meal. 
Right as we finished eating, Son2 and DIL2 called and said they were on their way over. I always love seeing them. They visited for a bit then left and we decided in honor of the day we would watch a WW2 movie, so we did. 
What a joy it is to have streaming options now so we don't have to pre-plan and run by a video rental place. (Yes I am showing my age. I remember when we had to either go to Blockbuster or order a Netflix mail rental)

Tuesday: I know I did a bit of housework and reading, then had a phone call with Sluggy. I always laugh when I talk with her. 
TheHub came home a little earlier than normal so we could get to The Electric in time to score a table before trivia started. It was a fun night.

Wednesday: Nothing much happened other than normal "stay at home and do too few things around the house when I should have been cleaning" type of day. I know I have mentioned before how much I hate housework, but I can't emphasize it enough. I am pretty sure cleaning the house is what Dante really meant when he was writing about the 2nd level of Hell.
Anyway, instead of cleaning I did what any normal sane person would do and read.
I think I also talked with Sluggy, but I honestly don't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday. Whichever day it was it was a huge joy.

Thursday: I either talked with Sluggy this day, or I didn't. Other than that I did actually clean a little, organized and inventoried the pantry, laughed with My Beloved Sister and watched the Alabama softball game. They had a rain delay so it started a little later than expected. I could have done some major cleaning during the delay, but I didn't.  Sometimes there is a joy just being and not doing.

Friday: I woke, threw on some CRC's  and got ready for lunch with 4 friends. None of them had ever been to The Electric before and it is a wonderful place to have  a group lunch. The food is good, it is uncrowded during the day, and it's an easy place to stay and talk. We were there eating and talking for 2 1/2 hours and it was truly a great afternoon. 
The Hub came home a little earlier than normal, so we ran a couple of errands, stopping to grab a to-go dinner before coming home to watch Alabama play softball. 

Saturday: TheHub went to the office again and I could have done all kinds of things, but I decided I had rather read, so I did. 
He had planned on being home about lunchtime, but was not. He was so much later than planned and we had a lunch/dinner combo then watched the Florida/Texas softball game to see who Alabama would be playing Sunday.  Once the game was over we watched a documentary about JFK and The Cold War. Interesting!

Sunday: TheHub worked in the office again until about 2, which was game time. We had a quick lunch then settled in the den to watch the softball game. (I was not at all hopeful that Bama could win, because Florida is a fabulous team) They did not win, but it was a good game. No one expected them to get to the World Series after the season they had, so it was a win simply getting there.
And because we watched a documentary Saturday night, we had to do it again Sunday. Don't ask me why; we just had to.

Have a great week and look for your joys. They are always out there even if they are small joys.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne


30 comments:

  1. A week that includes sounds like it will always be a joy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most weeks are really good, whether we do a lot or just live life.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to get more reading time. My days have too much screen time already. I look forward to when my days are my own, it will still do the bare minimum housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do less reading__nah! What am I thin king?

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe it is June either!!! I actually think it sounds like a fabulous week! Last weekend, I went to Lake Lurleen for a leisurely swim for $2 since I am 64. I think if you are 62 the $2 price is available. They had refurbished /smoothed the sand with something at the beach and the water was very clear, for a lake, and it was quite nice. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds really nice. Lake Lurleen in really a pretty lake.

      Delete
  4. Just yesterday that I told my husband how come it's already June? And before you know, X'mas is right there...time really flies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for reading time. I am not going to admit how many other things I neglect to have that treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be able to put anything on the back burner when I have a good book

      Delete
  6. I was thinking the year was almost half gone, and how did that happen? When I get my prescription filled, I may do nothing but read all day long. I have been looking for a month for a trivia place that happens in the afternoon. All I find is 7-9 times. We won't be going out after dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Electric trivia begins at 7 but we get there much earlier. We only play for our own amusement because we do not need/want gift cards to a local brewery.

      Delete
    2. Gift cards to a brewery would be lost on us. We could give them as gifts.

      Delete
    3. We will just play for fun and leave the brewery gift cards to the players who really want them.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like it was a joyful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a joy to have lunch or dinner out with friends. I always enjoy that so much. Sounds like it was a very nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful, especially with friends I have known for such a long time.

      Delete
  9. The weather is not cooperating with my plan to do some outdoor work, and I really don't feel like housecleaning either. I think I'll take a page from your book :) and read today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right?! Where the heck did May go? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my biggest joys is spending time with my adult kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand how your husband prefers to work when nobody else is there. I found myself going into the office on Sundays (while having two young kids) but then my boss started coming in too so any time I thought I might get ahead in fact I was just doubling my workload. I bet your husband can't wait to retire now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is really excited about it. For the past forever his job has come first, and even if we were on a trip somewhere he spent most of the day in the business center working. I have declared computers while traveling a no-go from now on.

      Delete
  13. I love how you sign off especially, "may all your weeds be wildflowers". I'll remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could claim it was original, but I actually saw it somewhere one time and loved it.

      Delete
  14. Retirement in a couple of weeks! wow, life is going to look different. I hope you both really enjoy it.
    Maybe there will be more reading time......or maybe less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking less reading time. Right now I have no one else to consider when I make my plans for the day. That is about to change!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.