Translate

Friday, April 10, 2020

Bucket List for Post Corona

Lorraine at We are Clamco had a link on her post today. It was from a blogger who had a list of 50 things on her bucket list for  our post Covid 19 world. I thought I would do the same but for now my list is shorter. I will revisit this post and add to it as I am inspired, and I am sure in the coming weeks I will think of many things I want to do.

1.  Go out to eat at least once a week at locally owned restaurants
2.  Buy something from a locally owned business every week
3.  Volunteer regularly to help people recover from the economics of quarantine
4.  Fly to Portland to see Pip, DIL1 and Son1
5.  Fly to NYC to see Son3 and DIL3
6.  Have people over to eat at least once a month
7.  Go to the beach
8.  Weekly movies at the theater
9.  Listen to live music
10. See a live theater performance
11. Sit somewhere with a cup of coffee and people watch
12. Book club!
13. Meet friends for morning coffee
14. Pay better attention to my friends needs or wants
15. Have the neighbor kids over for a cookout
16. Start a monthly neighborhood get together (Drinks on the patio , maybe?)
17. Visit relatives in Fairhope and Daphne
18. Visit the Georgia relatives
19. Visit the West Alabama relatives
20. Lunch with my cousin and her husband
21. Go to Tuscaloosa to visit my friend M
22. Go to Nashville to visit 2 different friends
23. Go to Huntsville to visit Uncle Bob
24. Visit museums that are local
25. Bake and take goodies to people at least once a month
26. Take advantage of some programs our local library offers
27. Enjoy simple things like going to the grocery store
28. Try something different, can be anything!

So what is on your bucket list?  I would like to hear yours

29 comments:

  1. That is a very worthy list with lots of visiting with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list a lot.
    I am struggling to think past this crisis. First on my list would be going back to my voluntary work - both on the crisis line and with the homeless. Meeting up with family and friends. Revisiting galleries... Feeling safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! There's really just one thing on my bucket list - hug my daughter in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! And thanks for the shout out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to echo most of yours- fantastic list. I'd add go visit our son in California, when possible, see a movie in a theater, order in lunch with my coworkers, and have a non virtual lunch bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need something to look forward to and you've made an excellent list of some of them. I want to be able to see my family and friends in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking of this as well... Definitely an in person yoga class, dinner out at a restaurant where M & I can people watch. For that matter, people watching in Las Vegas. Visiting family. Flying anywhere. Getting my hair cut. Seeing the kids play soccer. Hugging friends & family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny but I think everyone misses social interaction most of all.

      Delete
  8. Great list, lots of focus on family and friends. My one and only at this point is to be able to physically hug my daughter and grandson. I talk to her daily often 3-4 times and I video chat with Eli but I miss them the most.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! My usual connection with my granddaughter is over FaceTime so that has not changed greatly, but I miss not being able to plan a trip to see her.

      Delete
  9. I think the only thing I've been missing is being able to go to Costco, and hiking the trails with a friend. For my kids, seeing them get back into a classroom setting will be great, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is the "drive to PA and visit Sluggy" on this list? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is not out of the question once this crap is over!

      Delete
  11. Drive around with my Mom, take her to the ocean, take her to thrift stores, take her to lunch. That's all been on hold since March 10th when she decided to do her own stay at home order. Go for a drive to a town nearby and have lunch there. Go to a nearby island for the weekend (not allowed right now, they are asking people not to bring the virus), Go to Mexico with my sweet husband and gain 10 lbs in tacos. Go have beer and tacos at our favorite brewery with my BF on their outdoor patio.Go for a long hike (parks closed now) with hubby and buddy. Go browse for used books....buy and sell things on our bidding site again (shut for now)

    ReplyDelete
  12. See my kids in person - and climb up the mountain behind me and just sit and look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I have to think about this, I have been stuck at home so long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your list.

    I want to go see my family. I also miss going to thrift stores. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought of thrifting but I have thought of a few projects I would like to do that involve some time going through junk shops or thrift stores. I am going to have to add that to my list.

      Delete
  15. Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.