Translate

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Joy During Quarantine

As usual I am keeping a list of this week's joys. On New Year's Eve I plan to sit down and review each week to see that really joyous things happen each day, if I will just look for them. This is a list of things that brought joy during the 16th week of the year. Wow, time really does fly, doesn't it. 

Wednesday: The only thing I can remember that brought joy this day was watching Ozark and eating popcorn, and of course FaceTime with Pip. 

Thursday: While cleaning the upper cabinet shelves in the kitchen I found a tea pot that belonged to my grandmother. I had forgotten all about it and have used it every time I have brewed tea since then.

Friday: This is a very strange joy but it made me extremely happy. I was a little pissy upset because TheHub wanted to go to the lake place Friday in the early evening  and I did not want to.  It was not getting out and riding down there. I was ready to go at 3, but he worked late and I did not want to go then. We already knew we were not spending the night and it just seemed to be a dumb thing to  ride down there, check on things and then ride right back home. Lucky we went. We found a live baby squirrel in the bottom of the kitchen trash can.  We were able to take it out and let it go. If we had waited until Sunday like I wanted to do the poor little thing would have died.

Saturday: We went out to eat and dined al fresco. Ok in reality we were sitting in our car, in the parking lot of a beautiful privately owned garden that is open to the public. We sat, talked, people watched and ate sandwiches. 

Sunday: We woke, had an early breakfast and streamed our church services while sitting at the table drinking coffee. Afterward we had an online Sunday school meeting. It was very nice to see our friends even if it was just a virtual meeting. And as a bonus, we watched 2 episodes of Ozark.

Monday: Instacart delivery! Only 2 items were not found and toilet paper was not one of them, so I am calling it a huge success. There is a certain joy in being able to get groceries for both me and mom, limiting exposure for both of us. Also what a wonderful way for furloughed young adults (in the lowest risk for complications group) to make some money while waiting to see what the new normal will be.

Tuesday: I had the blahs all day but found a movie on demand that I thought might be good. Usually I put a movie on, turn the volume up loud and walk around the house doing things, but this one claimed my undivided attention.  I watched The Zookeeper's Wife. It was exactly what I needed to make me appreciate the luxury of having a blah day. If you get a chance to watch it.  It is currently running on HBO. 

Now go find the joy in your week!

25 comments:

  1. Poor baby squirrel - so glad you got it in time. Maybe it will give you good squirrel karma this year and they will leave your plants/garden alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly the lake place! We have been there so seldom this year I think the house is going feral!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got to the baby squirrel in time! We've been experimenting with delivery, and liking it pretty much. Our local CVS seems to be a good source of toilet paper, and one of the delivery services will shop there, so we're good at the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried CVS yet, but when I need to get specific supplies for Mom I will be suing their service.
      Glad you are good at the moment!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you went and were able to rescue the baby squirrel. I love getting groceries delivered too and not being exposed to the virus. I don't know if I'll go back to the old way or not.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely go back to doing my own shopping because I really do like to explore different markets, especially some fo the local ethnic markets, but for now I will leave the exploring to someone else.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the babysquirrel came in with Mama squirrel. I have had a couple of squirrels come in my house over 45 years. I had a squirrel chase a few times. But, I never had a baby. It makes me wonder if there is a nest in the attic and they are chewing things up since they do that and did at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had squirrels in our attic here in town before. We have looked and can't see anywhere they could come in from the ceiling, but the fireplace is a possibility. Even though the flue is closed there still might be some wiggle in room there.

      Delete
  5. I love that the movie held your attention. That's cool. Loved the dining in the car. Hubby and i have done that before and we called them car picnics. Sometimes we did them before going to Barnes for the day. Fun. Happy Earth Day. Hi. I'm Ivy. Found you on Pam's page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well welcome, Ivy! I really did enjoy the movie, but today I have to get my rear in gear and get some stuff done. I am leaving the TV off and listening to very loud music. It tends to make me move a little more!

      Delete
    2. Hi Anne! I get that. I also boogie to music 🎶 when putting my rump in gear too!

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy your list of joys. Glad you found the baby squirrel in time - I do wonder how he/she managed to find their way into the bin.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it found a small opening to get into the house and was in the window trying to get out. The garbage can lives right below the window so it had to have fallen into it.

      Delete
  7. Getting deliveries here is just a pipedream so I'm glad you can do that. Still, it doesn't bother me shopping but it's kinda sad it became the highlight of my life at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like to grocery shop (except in the middle of the summer here) and miss seeing all the interesting things that I probably would not buy anyway. But because Mom is so terribly fragile, I am isolating to the extreme just to keep her as safe as I can.

      Delete
  8. I am thrilled that you found the baby squirrel in time.
    And very glad to hear that your deliveries were good. There is a waiting list here.
    Hooray for joys (both big and small). Toilet paper has finally made it back to our shelves (in small numbers). Hopefully flour will follow suit.
    My BIG joy for the week is that a way has been found for me to do shifts on the crisis line. A little later today I will be heading in - to work in a room for one, which is cleaned thoroughly before and after each shift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent about the volunteer work returning. I would imagine right now it is needed badly.

      Delete
  9. I often think of how Pip makes your days great. I wish I could do this with my grandsons. I probably can just have to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a delight and sometimes FaceTimes me 7 or 8 times a day!

      Delete
  10. Glad you found the baby squirrel in time to save it! I haven't seen the movie (The Zookeeper's Wife), but, I have read the book and enjoyed it. I, too, enjoy grocery shopping in person, but, I am staying put, right now! A lovely list of joys, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am staying put too Bless and it is getting a little difficult. I like to binge watch Netflix shows but TheHub likes to watch them one at a time, so we are watching them like he enjoys and I do admit I look forward to it every night.

      Delete
  11. I’m so glad you were able to rescue the baby squirrel.

    Stay safe, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.