Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Chicken that Melts in Your Mouth




Sometimes when I am feeling particularly creative I throw ingredients together willy nilly and come up with something incredibly delicious. Other times I see something that looks good and decide to give it a whirl. The chicken is one of those give it a whirl trials. Here is where I found it, then changed it a bit to suit my fancy, since my fancy always needs suiting!


Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
1/2 cup mayo (it's too much)
1/4 cup(ish) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt*
pinch of black pepper
5 drops tobasco (optional but if there is heat to be had, I will have it)
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Preheat oven to 350
Mix the mayo. parmesan, seasoned salt, black pepper, and tobasco
Lay the thighs flat in a baking pan, spread the mixture on top of them and bake until done. I used pretty small thighs and it took about 25 minutes. If you want to check the temp with an instant read thermometer. I think chicken is supposed to be cooked to 165 F.  Or you can live on the wild side like I do and just do the quick finger poke test. My grandmother lived to be 102, cooked every meal, and never had a meat thermometer. I guess I am summoning my inner grandmother, but I can tell pretty well when chicken is done. 


The verdict: We both loved the taste, but I think there was too much mayo. I will do it again and use half mayonnaise and half greek yogurt. Also, this is not a beautiful dish. It's not so unattractive that you need to eat it with your eyes closed, but it is definitely not something I would serve to dinner guests. It is a basic family dinner dish and I will make it again in the near future because it tastes so good. 
Try it and you might like it. I know we did.

* This is the seasoning I used for the chicken. I am not affiliated with them, but I do believe in sharing when products are particularly good. It is nothing like the traditional shaker of poultry seasoning you get from the grocery store, but it is so good. I use it on chicken and fish all the time. It is expensive for a blend, but I find the flavor and versatility is worth the price.

17 comments:

  1. It looks fine to me. I'd be happy to be served that, but I am always happy if someone else has done the cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that we first eat with our eyes, but the taste and the mouth feel are more important to me.
    I am glad that you enjoyed it - and your tweaks sound even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do first eat with our eyes and I really do try and have appetizing looking food for guests. For us__not so much.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting the recipe! It sounds both easy and delicious! I will be trying this recipe, except, I have neither mayo nor yogurt. I will try with Miracle Whip, which is what I prefer to mayo (yes, I am one of THOSE people! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a Miracle Whip fan so I have no idea how it might work, but let me know after you try it.

      Delete
  4. I tried subbing mayo with Miracle Whip and ruined the recipe completely and totally! I prefer MW, too. I have one recipe that calls for 1/2 mayo, way too much, so I usually put in 1/4 cup mayo and a few Tbsp of milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of those who thinks Miracle Whip is gross so any thing with it would taste bad to me.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It isa really tasty and so easy. The easy part is the best part!

      Delete
  6. That looks pretty good to me. We eat a lot of chicken. I can see the yogurt being a good compromise to the mayo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I will do half mayo half yogurt. I think that would be tastier.

      Delete
  7. i reckon it looks pretty darn tasty. i love chicken, and this sounds like it would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing. I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.