Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tuesday 4

I have been posting the answers to 4 questions each Tuesday. I follow Annie at Tuesday's 4. I like the questions because they usually make me think in a different direction than I might normally think about posts. Hop over and play along!



Do you put up birds houses over have a bird feeder or bath? 
I do have a bird bath but no longer have my bluebird houses up. 

The bible says your domesticated animals are to eat before you do since they cannot provide for themselves , what pets do you have and when do they eat?
After our last dog died, we have been without a pet. I love dogs and would love to have another, but TheHub is not as big a fan as I am, so I just love on everyone else's dogs now. I am still not giving up hope of finding a lovable rescue

Do you feed the birds in winter?
I used to feed them during the winter until I noticed the next door neighbors cat use the feeders as his personal bait station. That cat has moved on but now we have a new neighborhood cat, GrayGreg, who is a murdering little fellow. So far I have only seen him attack chipmunks and lizards, so I might put my feeders back out. But I will watch them and make sure he is not using them to trap birds.

How can we show kindness to others? Suggestions? 
Love like a dog does. Though sniffing each probably should be optional!
I think the kindest thing we can do is to treat others like we would like them to treat us. And the best thing about kindness is that it is contagious.

20 comments:

  1. Our cats do the same thing with the bird feeders, so I've kept them empty for now. And of course I always feed them before feeding ourselves, otherwise they would al be sitting on the back porch staring at the back door, waiting patiently. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a 6 foot fence surrounding our backyard and it is just the perfect cat superhighway to the bird feeders. So I just no longer feed them.

      Delete
  2. I keep the feeders high where cats can't get to them but we really have very few cats around here. Not sure why either. Thanks so much for joining in. :) I like the idea of loving as a dog does and I really liked the video so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several around here but GrayGreg is the neighborhood assassin.

      Delete
  3. 1. I used to have goldfinch feeders, but don't in this place. In summer I put red petunias in hanging baskets so I can attract hummingbirds. What I do anywhere I live is plant flowers which attract honeybees. I could watch bees all day long.
    2. I don't need the Bible to tell me this. It's the same with small children. As far as animals go...I have 2 dogs, 7 cats, 4 chickens and a bunch of fish. While I love animals, I heartily dislike having dogs in the house, and refuse to take any responsibility for their care. I clean up after them regardless, and also have to walk the small one during the day. That's more than enough responsibility for animals I can't bear having in the house. That said, DH loves having dogs, especially our big one. He feeds them in the morning. I keep the cats' bowls a full all day. Chickens are fed when we see the feeder is low (whoever notices does this), and no idea about the fish, as they are in my son's room.
    3. I don't feed birds in the winter.
    4. I don't talk about my charitable acts, if that's what you mean. Other than that, good manners go a long way in making society kinder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think kindness and acts of charity are the same thing at all

      Delete
  4. Love your answer to #4 of loving like a dog does. It's unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know we do feed birds summer and winter. We also keep an eye out for predators - and a pump action water pistol at the ready.
    I long for the day that the world is hit with a kindness pandemic. In the meantime I hope I play my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we can do is hope to play our part, and hope it is passed along.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think dog people really love it, because nothing can every be as loyal as a dog.

      Delete
  7. Love the little song and video. English is a very special language. :) I used to feed the birds and had a bird bath; I didn't put up bird houses, but, they'd nest in the eaves of my garage and in the trees, of course. But, now, I don't feed them because of the garden cats. The silly birds do ignore the cats and try to eat the cat food and insects; occasionally, I find feathers in the yard! The cats get fed before I eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had rats or mice until I had a bird feeder, so no bird feeder. We had a nursing home that harbored rats. So, no.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video is beautiful and I am sitting here crying like a baby because it is so true. Love like a dog! I love it. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just enjoy the birds in the neighborhood and there seems to b so many seed and things wihtout bird feeders. My pup rules on the eating-but after I get m first cup of coffee in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of birds in our neighborhood and some beautiful song birds. Many days when I get out of the car I just stand and listen.

      Delete
  11. We are trying hard to come up with an arrangement where we can see our birdfeeder and let the birds get as much food as the squirrels. It's a work in progress, but I think we're gaining on the squirrels a little.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.