Translate

Monday, November 16, 2020

A Plan Gone With the Wind

Ok, let me be the first to admit, I am a little different, though I prefer to call it delightfully odd. I make plans and change them on a dime, because life changes quickly and change has never really bothered me.

I am one of those meal planners who really and truly rarely sticks to a plan. I tend to inventory what's on hand then plan based on what needs to be consumed first. But sometime during the week things I thought sounded good, no longer have the same appeal. It is an ongoing battle, but I do it anyway. Maybe one day I will be organized enough to follow a plan or maybe I am just one of those people who is always going to find a reason to paddle against the current.


This is what was planned:
1.Chili relleno souffle, salad
2.Pot roast with veggies, coleslaw
3.Italian wedding soup, cornbread
4.Some kind of dinner salad (Taco salad possibly)
5.Grilled steak, tossed salad, mashed potatoes
6. Take out
7.White bbq chicken, coleslaw, green beans

And this is what really happened:
Monday: I went out shopping for upholstery fabric with my beloved sister again. By the time we hit a few places, and I got home and started disassembling furniture, it was dinner time and I had nothing cooked. How glad was I that I keep cooked seasoned ground chuck in the freezer.
 Taco salad 

Tuesday  I knew I was going to be working around the house so I opted to use the crock pot for our meal.
Pot roast with veggies, sliced tomatoes

Wednesday  I had planned a veggie meal but TheHub needed to satisfy his inner caveman so he stopped at Publix and did that hunter/gatherer thing.
Rotisserie chicken, squash casserole, coleslaw

Thursday: I had a boatload of leftover pot roast so I did a little reformation act to have something similar but not quite the same. (The rest of the roast went to the freezer to be used in soup)
Leftover shredded pot roast in keto gravy on mashed potatoes or caulimash, tomato onion and cucumber salad

Friday:  Our Friday's are still date night and even though we can't go anywhere, we can still do takeout.
Taziki's Greek Salad with grilled chicken

Saturday: We ran several errands, came home and watched the Master's Tournament before running out to look at a spa. TheHub mentioned our dinner plans did not sound good to him and the evening was gorgeous, so while we were out we stopped by ThePig to pick up something to grill.
Grilled steak, tossed salad, rolls (or none)

Sunday: The weather turned cooler so we woke to chilly temps.I  was busy finishing up an upholstery project and then had to run to Mom's to put a few things out for the Goodwill pickup we had scheduled for Monday morning and knew I needed to make something that could cook in the crockpot.   
Chili (I meant to have cornbread but forgot to make it. . . Oh well!)

Possible meals for the coming week:
Spaghetti (TheHub requested), tossed salad garlic "bread" sticks
Melt in your mouth chicken, tomato slices, sautéed spinach
Chili relleno souffle, tossed salad
Beef and mushroom soup, coleslaw
Some kind of big salad dinner (nothing sounds really good right now)
Buffalo chicken casserole, green beans
Takeout

Hope you have a good week on plan, off plan, or with no plan!




Remember the annual blogger Christmas Card exchange is about to happen. If you feel inclined to join in the merriment please email me: haljam27@gmail.com.
This is such a simple thing, you will receive 3 names to send cards to and will receive 3 cards in return. I have enjoyed both sending and getting cards from people I have come to regard as friends. 



14 comments:

  1. I love your flexibility. I fear that my meals get boring because I so often resort to same old, same old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I am flexible as much as disorganized, but we manage to eat every single night!

      Delete
  2. I've been doing a little better with the planning, in that I make a list that I may or may not follow. My problem is I'm like your husband and the dinner plans don't sound appealing some days. Still, it's been good for me to think about it ahead of time, since I'm no longer using the big freezer, just the one in the fridge. So far I haven't missed the big one.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still under 50 percent with my planning but it's ok. As long as I don't have to toss spoiled food I am honestly ok with whatever we eat.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it turned out to be a delicious week anyway, but you really need to get around to making the Italian Wedding soup. It's too delicious not to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! The meatballs are in the freezer waiting for me to make it. Since the leftover roast is also frozen the soup could very well change into Wedding soup instead.

      Delete
  4. I just pull meat out of the freezer and then think about what to cook for a couple days. Today it is 4 large chicken breasts,....maybe chicken fingers, salad and potatoes, And a pan of enchiladas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look through the freezer before I make any kind of plan, but even after planning I still tend to change my mind. Enchiladas sound good!

      Delete
  5. I am like you, I plan and change my mind. Or, I get started too late. Or, I don't want what I had in mind. OR, I find something that needs to be eaten, hidden in the refrigerator. So, you upholster? I took upholstery classes for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can upholster, but never took any classes. I can make things work generally, except sewing. I absolutely hate sewing, probably because I am not good at it.

      Delete
  6. Plans are made to be changed! The important thing is you and your husband had some delicious sounding meals to eat. Your planned meals for next week all sound good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha it is just Monday night and I have already taken a left turn!

      Delete
  7. Another week, more full bellies. Whatever you're doing, it's working. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we eat and I don't waste food it is all good.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.