Translate

Friday, May 28, 2021

Another Week's Worth of Joys

And now another week of 2021 is over. It still amazes me that the weeks are passing so fast. Now we have completed 21 weeks of the year, summer is in full force here and it is about time to start harvesting some of the veggies in the garden. I hope, when I look back over the days of this year, I find joys I had forgotten.


Friday: It was a perfect day with incredible breezes. Even though it was a little hot the wind blowing made it feel a little cooler. 
My Beloved Sister and I went to Floor and Decor to try and find the tile for the backsplash in the kitchen at Mom's house. I think we bought 9 samples, brought them back to Mom's house and made a decision in about 5 minutes of seeing each piece next to quartz sample, walls and cabinets!

Saturday:  Since I went to the Mexican bakery earlier in the week, TheHub had been jonesing for delicious cheap pastries. We started the morning there and this time I asked what the name was. It is La Conchita,  and their sign was up, but in an awkward place that I had never noticed. Now I know.
Afterward we ran some quick errands then wound up at the produce stand near us. Their strawberries were perfectly juicy and sweet, though a little tad small.  We came home and got ready for the NCAA Softball regionals. Alabama won and advanced to Sunday's finals.

Sunday: We sat on the deck sipping morning coffee while streaming church services. I am not sure there is anything better than enjoying the beauty of creation at the same time. Birds were everywhere, there were big fluffy clouds in the sky and stuff all around was blooming. later we watched the softball regional final. Bama won, Roll Tide!

Monday: Met My Beloved Sister and Jerry my handyman at Mom's and got his bid for all the odd jobs for the flip. My Beloved Sister  and I decided on things we needed to purchase for the flip. It is nice that we are on the same page and both agree that we do not have to choose things we wold choose for our own homes. She had found the "perfect" light fixture to go above the table and it was gorgeous. We would have loved to see it there because it truly was perfect for the spot, unfortunately it cost a little over a grand. Not happening!

Tuesday: We were very happy that the painters began painting at Mom's. It is going to change the look of the house. Tuesday was primer day.
I met them at the house to open it up so they could get started, then went to the produce stand for more strawberries, tomatoes and cucumbers. Cucumbers become my crackers while I am doing keto, so I eat one each day.

Wednesday: My Beloved Sister and I went shopping to buy the things we needed for the flip. We had a red letter day and things seemed to fall into place for  us. In just a few hours and 3 or 4 stops we had found everything we needed. Bonus: I found a couple of things for my house and so did MBS.
The painters started with the actual paint! The den looks amazing!

Thursday: I had a mostly quiet day. TheHub is on a fishing trip on the Gulf, so I took a moderately self indulgent day and only did things I wanted to do. The have to do's could wait until Friday. I did get the winter curtains taken down from the den windows and changed over to the summer ones. It is so much lighter both for actual sunlight, but also darkness and heaviness of the winter fabric is gone. I would have done this earlier but I had decided to replace my summer curtains this year, and found these when MBS and I went shopping for Mom's house.
 I will love this look until sometime in late October and then the weather will start to change. That's the time I will bring out the afghans and prepare for winter (which will not actually come until some time in December)
I forgot to mention I had the unusual joy of being in total control of the TV remote. That never happens! I watched back to back home renovation shows, which really means I watch the 5 minute set up, then do other things, coming back to watch the reveal. I don't need to see the actual process since there is a YouTube video for absolutely anything I need to learn how to do.

  Look for joy and you can always find it, even if it takes a lot of looking! I hope you all have a glorious and joyful week as we head into week 23.

25 comments:

  1. We are so lucky to have such short winters, hence no heavy curtains for long. If you bought the perfect light fixture, the new owners would probably just replace it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found a great one that was substantially less expensive.

      Delete
  2. Wow I never thought of cucumbers as crackers, great idea! SO happy you and your sister get along so well. I just love my sister's we also get along well when it comes to decisions like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuke slices make a great delivery vehicle for pimento cheese or olive spread

      Delete
  3. And wouldn't you be gutted if you spent that $1000 then learned new owners changed it out! Better to go inexpensive, and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely week filled with joys!
    Thanks for sharing with us. I need the reminder to look for joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful joys there.
    And the remote is not mine either - unless himself is away (when the television often stays off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally would not have it on but a flipping show was on and since we are doing a modified flip it seemed like a good idea

      Delete
  6. It sounds like quite a fantastic week! Enjoy the weekend too Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good and productive week! You have a greet Memorial Day weekend also,Martha!

      Delete
  7. What a nice week! Enjoy ypur long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another joyful week! Sounds like things are progressing nicely at your Mom's house! Whoever buys it will be a very lucky person! My joys this week included being pain free, my daughter being home to help me, and gardener M agreeing to tend to the garden twice a week while I am unable to do much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miranda Lambert is one of my favorite artists, thanks for sharing the video.

    I'm sure your mom's home will sell quickly with a bit of a face lift. Funny how buyers can't seem to see that they could do those things for themselves and get exactly what they want.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen too many people who can't see through paint colors on walls

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfect as a backsplash are metal tiles www.mymetalcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that Miranda Lambert song, but hadn't heard it for a while. Thanks for posting.

    Have you had feedback about updating and staging your mother's house or have you been watching a lot of HGTV recently? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just realized that most young buyers can't necessarily see what could be. My sister and I have redone several homes between our various houses. The hardest thing is neutralizing it so it will fit many different tastes and remain in our budget

      Delete
  13. Several bloggers are talking abut strawberries this week. I am going to have to get some for us here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found perfectly ripe ones and they are absolutely delicious

      Delete
  14. I hope your mom’s house sells quickly. $1000 for a light fixture! Sometimes I forget how expensive things can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently the sky is the limit for just about everything out there!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.