Translate

Sunday, December 18, 2022

As the year comes to a close, the year's joys are almost over. It will be a lot of fun to read them NYE just to see all the good things that happened during the year. So I begin the last three weeks of 2022 joy posts. That year went fast didn't it!
This new week will be one of intense merriment and anticipation. Can you believe Christmas is almost here? My next joy list SHOULD be on Christmas Eve morning. Fingers crossed it will happen!




Saturday: We went out to eat with Son2, DIL2, and TGS, followed by a ride to see Christmas lights, including the biggest most over the top display I have ever seen. Nothing says Merry Christmas like a pac man light display hung over a manger. There is no way I could even begin to describe all the different vignettes in the yard. We will just say there are elves, fairies, reindeer, multiple Santas, sleighs, lights o'plenty, carolers, and anything remotely Christmasy you could imagine all over the yard.

Sunday: We went church for 3rd Sunday of Advent, appropriately the Joy Sunday. Afterward TheHub and I were going to go out to eat, but decided to just run by Publix and pick up some deli meats and cheese for sandwiches. I did not feel great so we did nothing the rest of the day but drink tea, eat soup and watch movies.

Monday: I felt rotten.  I did get masked up and ran to the post office and to The Pig to get their free items, but then I came home and was worn out, so I sat in the rocker and rocked and read. TheHub had a work party and I was supposed to go but I stayed home, ate soup and rested.

Tuesday: I felt like I had been hit by a truck,  and did nothing all day but drink hot tea and take OTC meds. The joy is that is was not covid, flu or strep which are going around here like mad.

Wednesday: After some heavy Tuesday nighttime drugging, I woke feeling like a different human. Good thing too because my cousin K was arriving Thursday to spend a couple of days here. It gave me one day to get things in order. I started it, but did not finish. Instead I watched the finale of Survivor.

Thursday: K arrived in the early evening which did give me time to get the sheets washed and put back on the bed. We had dinner here and I am not saying anyone overindulged, but 2 bottles of red disappeared while we were eating and talking. (And laughing, lots of laughing)

Friday: K and I made a trek across town to deliver an antique rocker she had brought with her from Texas to another cousin's house. That cousin S has been in the hospital for 20 days, mostly in ICU. She was being released to a private room so we went to the hospital and waited, and waited, and waited and finally got to see her at about 6:15. Hospitals evidently move on hospital time, which is different than the time the rest of us keep. 
Anyway we did get to visit with her for a bit then went straight to the restaurant to meet whoever from the family wanted to see K. Turned out only My Beloved Sister, TheHub and I were there with her. The rest of the cousins had strep, mono, or unexpected grandkid things. Didn't matter we still had fun. And the supreme joy was those with strep, mono or flu did NOT come even though they wanted to.

Have a wonderful week, getting all the odds and ends tied up so we can all have a wonderful holiday.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne


24 comments:

  1. Glad your illness was short lived so you could enjoy time with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of not feeling well for a couple of days, you sound happy. 2022 has been a considerable improvement over 2021. Gas prices have even started coming down so that's a good way to finish the year!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I might as well be happy and as long as I have a choice it is what I will choose.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear that you were not well, but, glad it wasn't Covid or any of the nasty viral stuff going around and to hear that you recovered in time for your cousin's visit. Hope your other cousin recovers from her illness, too. I wish you a joy-filled week between now and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like feeling bad, but there are so many things worse than an irritating cold.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better! My joys for the week: Nick's team won their tournament yesterday, in a PK shootout, World Cup style. It was so much fun, and the coach of the other team is.... not a good example to teens, so I wasn't sad that he didn't take home first place. ;-) NIck has a driving lesson today, which also makes me happy. On the road to independence. And, says he will go to Winter Formal. For whatever reason, neither of my kids has ever wanted to go to a school dance, which I think is a worthwhile experience. And, my other child has been an absolute delight lately, which, at 16, is a super wonderful turn of events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of joyful things happening. I hope Nick has a great time at the Wonder Formal!

      Delete
  5. I was so sure you were going to say you had covid! It's good to be wrong sometimes.
    I have noticed that hospitals have a different style of time and I suppose they have to, given that sickness is not a 9-5 business :)
    It takes some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had routine crud which cleared about as quickly as it set in.

      Delete
  6. Hooray for recovering - and for not having to recover from Covid or flu. I am glad that the ill ones avoided meeting up with you and K. And very glad that you had a delicious lunch packed with loved ones, good food, wine and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you dodged the horrid tri*demic... and are finding joy in even unlikely places. Soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you got better from your malady to have your cousin over. What did you have? And, sick people not coming out is certainly a good thing. I missed a Christmas party this last week, one that had 800 people last year, ad I am quite sure there were ill people there. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the general crud. As long as it did not show up on the tests for the big 3 I don't really care what it is called.
      Sorry you had to miss the party.

      Delete
  9. Glad that you are feeling better now and lots of laughing is definitely good for us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot tea and laughing were the weeks best remedies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you recovered fairly quickly. Having a good time with loved ones is the best thing in life. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you were ill. Same thing affected us here. Everyone seems to be sick with something these days, it's terrible. Hope you have a great Christmas. Did you receive my little gift?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s encouraging that you are getting over whatever it was — I’m starting a second week with whatever it is (in my case, a bad cold). Enjoy the holidays!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling better and that despite being a bit ill you had a lot of joys this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing the Andy Williams Christmas song. Wishing you and yours a happy and joyous holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Saturday sounds like a fun time. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Glad you felt better when your cousin arrived. I love the "May all your weeds be wildflowers!" Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I am sorry to hear you were not feeling well, but glad you felt better for your visitor. So much going around here too! Stay cozy, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.