Translate

Monday, December 26, 2022

On to the Next Adventure

This is the last meal plan of the year. I guess it will be interesting to see how closely I follow this last chance at actually sticking to a plan. I am including two dinners out this week. My sister in law is here and we are going to try and meet my brother in law and his wife, and also one of the favorite cousins two different nights for meals.



What was planned:
Monday:Restaurant dinner party. 
Tuesday: Grab leftovers from the fridge.
1. Soup, shaved brussels sprouts salad
2. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw
3. Potato soup, shaved fennel and apple salad
Christmas Eve: Take out Chinese food (we have done this for decades)
Christmas Day: Our big meal is brunch. Breakfast casserole, ham, cheese grits, asparagus, green bean casserole, orange spinach salad, assorted candies , cookies 

What really happened:
Monday: Outstanding party meal  at Gianmarcos, an Italian restaurant in Homewood.
Tuesday: Leftover (from dinner party)  snapper over sautéed cabbage and white beans with conecuh sausage bits.  It was as good warmed as it was the night before at the restaurant.
Wednesday: Chicken pot pie, coleslaw
Thursday: Potato soup, shaved Brussels sprouts with lemon tarragon dressing
Friday: Spaghetti sauce from the freezer over bucatini noodles, tossed salad
Saturday: Chinese take out. We split an order of Mongolian beef and each had a spring roll.
Sunday: The main event. Breakfast casserole, bourbon brown sugar meatballs, green bean casserole, broccoli, mushroom roll-ups*, sausage balls, assorted cookies and candies.

What's up (maybe) for this week:
1. Brunch leftovers
2. Soup and salad
3. Chili, coleslaw, cornbread
4. Taco soup, salad
5. Out to eat
6, Out to eat
7. Traditional New Year’s Day meal (Ham, black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread) 

Have a great week staying on plan,  going off plan, or with no plan at all.

*I followed the directions mostly but altered the mushroom filling using parsley, thyme, white wine, garlic and minced onions.

21 comments:

  1. Delicious. Are sausage balls a southern thing or just coincidence I'm seeing in several blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds delicious. I saw that recipe for the mushroom rolls. Were they really good? I may give them a try. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds delicious to me. Have a good time with all of your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great week.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rachel. I enjoy my SIL being around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say I'm going to order something different -- but Mongollian beef can't be beat. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is TheHub's favorite, and I like it so it is what we order when we are splitting a dish.

      Delete
  7. The meals sound wonderful! We had pizza on Christmas Eve and leftovers on Christmas Day! I also made rice, chicken curry, green beans curry, and dhal (lentils) and we've had that to alternate with the pizza leftovers. We are still having leftovers this week, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a much better job managing food prep so we had few leftovers from Christmas day. I did make enough soup for 2 nights of meals though.

      Delete
  8. I can't even think about meal prep at this time of year. We seem to be surviving on chocolates and pavlova. i think my girls have eaten proper food......they organise their own.

    Have a fabulous time and much deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that the girls can organize their own. We have eaten (too many) cookies all week.

      Delete
  9. Yum.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it hard to plan during the holiday season. Will be glad to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds delicious, esp the Christmas brunch. I hope you have a blessed new year, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roll Tide Roll (Sugar Bowl) Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.