Translate

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Food For Christmas Week

I am so late with this, but I have been celebrating the season and lost track of the time. I am not sure there is any point to planning a menu this week since it will most likely be anything but what I plan, but here goes nothing.




What was planned for last week (I had no idea I was going to feel so bad when I planned it)
1. Conecuh sausage, cabbage, potato one dish meal
2. Soup (possibly potato soup ) salad
3. Leftover seafood pot pie (TheHub over ordered Saturday night) salad
4. Chicken and dumplings, shaved Brussels sprouts with lemon tarragon dressing 
5. Christmas party Friday, Saturday and Sunday night (all three are dinner parties)

What really happened:
Monday: Soup and hot tea
Tuesday: Soup and hot tea
Wednesday: Conecuh sausage, cabbage, potato one pan dish
Thursday: Take out Thai
Friday Christmas Dinner with cousin
Saturday: Christmas party with amazing food
Sunday: Christmas dinner party

What's up for the week of Christmas
Monday: Christmas dinner party (Already happened and it was outstanding)
Tuesday: TheHub has to go to an office party. About to grab whatever is leftover in the fridge.
1. Soup, shaved brussels sprouts salad
2. Chicken pot pie, coleslaw
3. Potato soup, shaved fennel and apple salad
Christmas Eve: Take out Chinese food (we have done this for decades)
Christmas Day: Our big meal is brunch. Breakfast casserole, ham, cheese grits, asparagus, green bean casserole, orange spinach salad, assorted candies , cookies 

Whatever happens will happen and it will all be fine.
Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.



21 comments:

  1. Your meals (planned and consumed) sound delicious. On Christmas Eve I will make a humungous bowl of fruit salad - and probably live on it for a week. I will also cook a turkey roll for himself. With salads (or without them) that will feed himself and the moggies.
    Have a truly wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well. Fruit salad sounds delicious.

      Delete
  2. Is it just Sand DIL2, plus the extra son for Christmas. I know you had Son3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My typing! Son2, and then trying to say I knew you had son and DIL3 at TG a bit.

      Delete
    2. If they come Christmas Day it will only be Son2 and DIL2. If not we will see them at some time during the week. Son3 and DIL3 are going to be in New York for Christmas and Son1's family is staying in Portland. I feel pretty strongly that kids need to be at their own home Christmas morning, so I am really glad they are staying there, and we will just do a FaceTime Christmas with them.
      TGS is with his parents and siblings in Arkansas for the holidays, but I imagine we will do a FaceTime visit with him also.

      Delete
  3. I've been craving Chinese lately! 'Will strongly suggest take-out Saturday -- and call it a Plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done it for so long, I am afraid if we didn't the earth's axis would tilt and the world, as we know it, would end.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to a friend's for Christmas dinner. She always makes lasagna. She's also preparing a ham because that's what her son-in-law prefers. Merry Kissmas from Franklin & Penelope!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with your friend! Merry Christmas to you and your fur children!

      Delete
  5. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!,
    The weather (ice/snow/wind/subzero temps) may change our plans so I'm not sure what we will be doing this year. As my son said when we lost power for 11 days during the derecho, as long as we're together, we'll always have fun...I really hope we don't lose power though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always admire your meal planning. mine is so very haphazard:=) happy festive season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My planning is thought out, but the follow through just falls as it may.

      Delete
  7. I love your Christmas brunch idea Anne. Merry Christmas to you & your family. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started it at my house when my older sons were pre k age. We had two families in two different cities who wanted to see them on Christmas, so my family started coming to my house for brunch, then we headed to Tuscaloosa for dinner. That way my sons got to actually play with their Christmas gifts for a while before we had to go somewhere.

      Delete
  8. Hope you have a very merry Christmas and a very happy New Year! Your Christmas brunch sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! The weather has messed with two of my sons coming so likely only one son and ex. We are too old to fight and do not bother with separate parties. We just celebrate together with whatever kid or kids can show up. Of course this is dependent this time on whether we have power or not. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was reading about the potential power outage. I have a couple of errands tomorrow morning and then I plan on socking in until Christmas Day.

      Delete
  10. My kids have called me several times to ask if I have enough food to get through the storm. I can't see it is a problem since I have enough fat to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.