Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2022

And So The Year Ends

I was busy doing other things the past two weeks so I did not get around to posting my joys list, even though I did keep up with the daily joys.Though I did not share them on the blog they are written for me to re-read as I will re-read the list of my joys for the year on New Year's Eve. So this is the last list of my daily joys I will be sharing for 2022, the year that disappeared more quickly than any year I have ever experienced. I guess that is what age is all about__bummer!




Saturday: We had nearly everything ready for Christmas morning so, naturally we decided Christmas Eve morning was the perfect time to go to a little coffee shop near us, sit and have a leisurely breakfast and people watch.
Once we got home I did a little advance food prep for Sunday's brunch, got the dining room table set and ready for the next morning, did a little last minute run through tidying the house (TheHub is the vacuum master__thanks) then hopped in the bed to wait for Santa.

Sunday: Obviously the huge joy was gathering with Son2, DIL2, My beloved Sister, BIL and TheHub for gift swapping, laughing, and brunch . . . followed by football and naps (but mostly naps).

Monday: TheHub's sister came to visit us. It is always so nice to have her here. We visited then had Son2 and DIL2 join us for dinner. Laughs and more laughs happened.

Tuesday: SIL was here but had made plans to go visit with other family members, so I had the day mostly to myself. Once she returned we met some other of their cousins for dinner at Season's 52. The restaurant was not crowded at all so we were able to linger over dinner and have a lot of conversations and laughs.

Wednesday: SIL had made plans during the day to meet some of her high school friends, so again, I had the day to myself. I started taking down some of the Christmas stuff, replacing it with New Year's decorations (very few decorations). After dinner we rode around and looked at some seriously cool Christmas lights in one particular neighborhood.

Thursday: SIL went to visit a couple of longtime friends while I ran errands, and a few more errands. My car had been in the body shop since December 5 and I was in an ill humor driving the rental while doing errands. My left knee pops out of joint easily (which makes me say seriously foul things) and the stupid rental car was not knee friendly. It did not make my knee happy to be hopping in and out of that particular car, but I did make sure to park several cars away from anyone else so that when I did get out of the car they would not hear whatever I was saying under my breath. 
Tameron Honda in Hoover, you are on my hit (did I just misspell that word?) list.
TheHub came home early so we could get our yearly contributions decided, done, and in the mail before we met Son2 and DIL 2 at The Electric for dinner.

Friday: SIL left early in the morning and I began tackling all the laundry. I do not ever start a New Year with dirties. Fresh year, fresh clothes, bedding, and. linens. I think I have a load of towels and, of course, our bed linens left for Saturday, before we get ready for our big NYE celebration. 
My biggest joy, is after a few days of calling the Honda body shop, I finally got my car back. All is right with my transportation world and my left knee is ecstatic.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve, continuing on through the rest of 2023 filled with joys!

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne


32 comments:

  1. A car that caused pain to my knee would be on my hit list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the knee on your behalf. That's so nice you can host your SIL, but not have to keep her entertained. Your whole family sounds so nice. Happy New Year, Anne. We've got a quiet night here, fighting colds, or fighting to keep them from becoming full blown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a family I would not say we are really nice. Kind__yes, but we do mess with each other, and laugh a lot.

      Delete
  3. I am so very glad to read that you and your knee can start the year in ecstasy. Something I hope continues. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until you have a creepy knee you don't realize how unhappy it can be. I know when I was younger I used to be a little disdainful of folks who had knee issues. The joke is on me.

      Delete
  4. Here's to a better 2023 and another girl's trip! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing a year of joy with us! Happy New Year, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome that you had a great X'mas celebration with the family! Happy New Year, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun, I just wish some of the absent ones had been with us. That said, I do understand they need to have their own traditions and celebrations.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great week with your family. With the exception of the rental car of course.
    Thanks for sharing your joys with us. Wishing you and yours all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time and got your car back. I know what you mean about the knees. I can't handle sedans anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a small SUV and it was just a little hard to maneuver my knee into.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a lovely week to me, spending time with your SIL but her also getting to do her own thing as and when. And now that the knee's better I'm presuming you danced Knees Up Mother Brown over New Year's! Happy New Year Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it count if I thought of dancing? Happy New year to you too!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had a nice week. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you and your family.....God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debby. I hope your year is wonderful filled with lots of James time!

      Delete
  12. happy new year to you and yours! and a happy 2023 ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today is my day for tackling also. Laundry, housework, soap opera catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still watching football games, but Tuesday life transitions back to normal.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.