Translate

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Joys

 The second week of January is over, and even though it was not a terribly exciting week filled with fun and hijinks, there were still some joyous moments. 


Sunday:
 It was a bleak rainy day. The hub did not feel well so we stayed home only venturing outside to do a few tasks. We ate a steaming hot chicken pot pie, put on some movies and had a really nice at home day.

Monday: One of my best friend's mother died and we went to a celebration of her life. Since it was held near Independence Place, I went there and did some beginning mask making for the play. It truly is my happy place.

Tuesday: I had a day at home to catch up on the laundry. A much needed catch up day. There is a certain joy in being able to do all of it from home. It has been many, many years since I had to use a laundromat, but I remember having to haul it all in order to have clean clothes. A working washer and dryer is a luxury I do not take for granted.

Wednesday: I was able to go to the rehab facility and stay with my cousin. My joy was seeing how much better she looked than she did the last time I saw her.
When I returned home my lovely neighbor D. brought me some sourdough starter. I will have to see how I do with it. I have never been much of a bread baker. 

Thursday: I was supposed to go to Independence Place, was dressed and walking out the door when the phone rang. They asked me not to come in case the weather was a bad as predicted, because they would close early. I was bummed out I was not going to be able to go, but ultimately thrilled that the predicted bad weather did not impact us, though it did some major damage including deaths in Central Alabama.
DIL 2 works in home health care and was a few streets over from my house. She had rescheduled her visits for later in the afternoon to avoid the expected storms. I was so happy she came here to visit and kill her gap of time with me.

Friday: The day started out very pretty and just a bit chilly, then got colder and colder.  After getting all the plants inside __again, I did some badly needed housework. Normally TheHub and I go out to eat on Fridays, but we decided we did not want to get out in the cold just to eat when I had  a lot of food here. Instead we ate then sat by the fire watching Kaleidoscope.

Saturday: The day was chilly but gorgeous. I did manage to use some of the sourdough discard in one of the few breakfasts I make for TheHub each year. I like trying new things and it was surprisingly good. After eating we got dressed for the day and headed out to run some errands and take care of a little business. The day was so pretty, we decided we would extend our outing by going out for lunch. Good food and good company! After eating we came home to watch the Alabama LSU basketball game. Alabama's team is playing with really good team chemistry this year.
We ended the evening wrapped in blankets watching the last two episodes of Kaleidoscope. 

I hope you are able to find joy every day, no matter how small the joy is.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne


15 comments:

  1. It does sound like a mostly good week. I hope your husband is feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the storms didn't cause any damage in your area, Anne. Sounds like it was a good week. Mine was filled with the joys of rain and more much needed rain, the sounds of daughter laughing with her friends, good food, a warm house, and a chicken who insists on visiting my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were not impacted by the storms and tornadoes. Horrible. I have to reach after the kids left for joys, but you're right. They are there each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a natural letdown after the kids leave. We want them to be successful and happy in their adult lives, but miss the family time we had when they were young.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a pretty good week for you. YUM on the chicken pot pie. I have got to make that very soon. Looking for the joys are such a positive thing to do everyday. I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for joys each day, but some days I have to look really hard.

      Delete
  5. When I heard about the storms, I hoped you weren't affected. Love the Carpenters song. Karen Carpenter's voice is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so happy that we were not impacted, but it did cause a lot of destruction in the central part of the state.

      Delete
  6. I second the having a washer and dryer being a thrilling luxury. My set was delayed being delivered here by almost a month and while I didn't have to resort to a laundromat, I did have to go to daughter's house to use hers. And it seems when you don't have use of your own facilities that the amount of dirty laundry grows exponentially, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the things we take for granted! Our clothes dryer's back on the IR list again. My sunroom's begun to resemble a Chinese laundry and it isn't even so sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finished court in hurry in order to beat the bad weather to Ttown only to have my phone go off tornado warning and there it was, rain wrapped, lighting self up in sky over rural Wilcox co, heading straight to Selma where it touched down and did massive damage. A little student at U of A had pulled over and was following me. We continue our trek until right outside of Greensboro, we had to wait half an hour while roads were cleared bc yet a different tornado had touched down and destroyed a couple of homes. We then went on our way after road was supposedly cleared, and made it to Ttown ( that stands for Title town for those who don’t know).Unfortunately, I had to have four new tires the next day, The debris was awful from the tornado. I am just happy no one was killed. Tires can be replaced. New boss sworn in on Saturday . It was an eventful week… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you were safe.
      I agree about the tires. Things can be replaced but people can't.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you were able to avoid the bad storms. Sometimes you just have to go with Mother Nature right? I was a bit worried about my son yesterday because the road conditions were terrible and he's working in a fairly high altitude ski resort for the foreseeable future, although I'm presuming the resorts will be well plowed! And now I'm off to shovel snow!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.