Translate

Monday, September 4, 2023

Dinners Come and Dinners Go

In homage to the recently departed Jimmy Buffet, and the fact that I plan on having burgers with everything imaginable to top them. I could think of nothing other than posting this song today.



What I planned:
1. Pork chops, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, toast
2. Baked potatoes with toppings
3. Peas, okra, sliced tomatoes, cornbread
4. Grilled tuna steaks, potatoes, tossed salad, rolls
5. Big salad meal TBD
6. Sandwich, coleslaw TBD
7. Out to eat

How far from the plan we fell:
Monday: I was not feeling well and think I might have experienced a mild case of food poisoning (TheHub and I both felt a little icky Sunday night after bringing home take out for lunch)
Pork chops, tomato slices, cucumber slices, toast

Tuesday: I was feeling better but still was not feeling like eating. I told TheHub I was making his all time favorite meal, but added the mac and cheese to have something that would be a little kinder to me.
Lady peas, okra, mac and cheese

Wednesday: It seems no matter what the plan for our new "break up the week by doing something Wednesday night" it seems grabbing a meal out is par of the new plan.
Culver's fish sandwich and fries (TheHub), Mushroom Swiss burger and coleslaw (me) 

Thursday: This meal did not happen because of my feeling bad. It was planned  Monday after I bought an 8 pound bag of potatoes.
Baked potatoes with cheese, grilled onions, and grilled peppers,

Friday: Normally we go out to eat on Friday, but TheHub was going to the game Saturday night with Son2. Instead we just stayed in .
Steak, baked potato,  cauliflower chopped salad

Saturday: The guys went to the game and DIL2 and Reesey came over so we could watch the game dog together. We just had a girl meal at halftime.
Tossed salad, crackers, watermelon cubes

Sunday: Our Saturday running around ended at our local fish market. I don't keep fish in the fridge more than a day.
Broiled swordfish steaks, baked potato, tossed salad, roll

This may or may not happen. We are having company this weekend through Monday morning and everything is subject to change 
1. Bbq ribs, potato salad, coleslaw
2. Leftovers TBD once I see what is left over. Will add to the meal as needed
3. Ham, green beans, tomato slices, cucumber slices, potatoes au gratin brownie ala mode
4. Cauliflower chopped salad, dinner rolls
5. Out to eat
6. Sandwiches TBD
7. Burgers with all the fixings, some sort of potato side dish, baked beans, coleslaw

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

20 comments:

  1. Your girl meal appeals to me most this week.
    Have fun with your company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good meal!__Anne

      Delete
  2. Your meal plan sounds good to me, especially the bbq ribs dinner! Can't remember the last time I had bbq ribs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a grocery store fairly near us and they cook ribs every summer holiday. They are 11 bucks for a slab and I am not sure I could cook them for less.__Anne

      Delete
  3. My husband smoked ribs yesterday and they were delicious. Luckily, there were leftovers and that's what we're having tonight for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lazy and bought our ribs, but we have enough for 2 additional meals ___Anne

      Delete
  4. Perhaps you had food poisoning, but a tummy bug is also going around. Let's raise a glass to Jimmy Buffett! It has to be a margarita. I was sorry to see him go.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His music always reminds me of summertime ___Anne

      Delete
  5. I won’t keep fish in the refrigerator longer than one day either. I don’t even like to have it in my freezer, but will admit to having some salmon in there right now. Four pieces and I hope to have it gone by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep tuna steaks frozen and will occasionally freeze salmon, but I really do not like frozen white fish. ___Anne

      Delete
  6. I loved Jimmy Buffett’s music… sigh.
    Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like his voice and the rhythm of his tunes___Anne

      Delete
  7. There was a Margaritaville on board on the 2016 cruise I took. Five of us ordered various items from the menu and shared them. One of them was the cheeseburger - I recall it was good and our paradise was being on the ocean. RIP Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an entirely different take on "Cheeseburger in Paradise"___Anne

      Delete
  8. We had bacon cheese burgers last night with all of the toppings and it was so good. Sounds like you'll be eating well again this week. RIP Jimmy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeseburgers are planned for the weekend here.__Anne

      Delete
  9. i do admire your eating plan! i just wing it usually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan, sometimes it works and a lot of times I go rogue. We eat either way.___Anne

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. We ate them tonight and they were delicious___Anne

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.