Translate

Sunday, September 17, 2023

New Joys

The week was a nice blend of down time combined with  doing things with people, and an occasional indulgence.. I do love a blended week like this. I always have things I need to do, but when it is interspersed with other events it becomes close to a perfect week.  OK, maybe not a perfect week but it was at least a week with some near perfect days.



Sunday: The house was still filled with company and that made me very happy. They went out to eat lunch so I read. H wanted to go to the cafeteria the book Whistle Stop Cafe was based on. The food in the meat and three never disappoints. They came back and got in the pool. While they were swimming I decided to surprise them by baking brownies to go with dinner. Coming in from outside to a kitchen filled with the smell of fresh baked goodies was a big hit. 
Son3 manned the grill for dinner, and afterward all the females piled into the den and watched a couple of episodes of a show before bedtime.

Monday: The guests left by late morning. I probably should have started cleaning  right then, but I had a book that was going to disappear from my Libby app, and I really did want to finish it. Reading vs. cleaning is never a contest for me.

Tuesday: I had a solo day. TheHub was not going to be home at his regular time, and I had no time constraints on me for anything. It was a good day to wash  the sheets from the guest rooms and get them ready for the next round of company. Of course I also took some time and really enjoyed talking with Sluggy. 

Wednesday: My Wednesday class started back so I went to it, then high-tailed it to The Palm and Pig to meet my bookclub members. We have only seen each other once since the pandemic began. No one is working anymore and we decided meeting for lunch monthly would be a much better idea. Books are now optional! 

Thursday: This was my volunteer day for the week. I was back at my happy place. This week they learned to make corndog casserole. Nothing beats seeing all their faces while they are learning some life skills. 

Friday:  TheHub and I celebrated growing older by going out to eat. Season's 52 is not my favorite place, but we did not think of making reservations where we really wanted to go until Wednesday and neither of us wanted to eat at 5 or 9 which were the only times available. 

Saturday: After we ran our errands and stopped by Chik-fil-A to pick up a couple of their new sandwich we came home to begin our game day television time. Congrats to Missouri for the last second all time collegiate record setting field goal. I am not positive but I think it was a 61 yarder.
We did watch Bama who won but it was an ugly win. I see several losses this year.

Look for your joys, they are always out there!

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne

*The new sandwich is honey glazed chicken topped with pimento cheese and thinly sliced jalapeños. It was delicious!


26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very joyful week. Freshly baked brownies ! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm brownies make every week better!__Anne

      Delete
  2. It does sound like a good week with family, friends, your happy place, reading, and a little cleaning. Hope this week turns out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week in total and I can't ask for more than that.__Anne

      Delete
  3. It does sound like an awesome week. Good company, good food, and good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still not able to comment on your blog, but congratulations on dodging the curveballs and having a new offer on the house!___Anne

      Delete
  4. A 'blended week' ... I like that! So it sounds like belated birthday wishes are in order?! Happy "New Year"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the age of 21 another trip around the sun is not a huge deal, but we do go out to eat to celebrate still being on this side of the dirt.___Anne

      Delete
  5. I’d love to hang out with you. You sound like a fun and wonderful person to be around. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am far from a wonderful person, but I do like to laugh and be around other people. __Anne

      Delete
  6. So glad to hear that you had a great week. Thank you, I will look for my joys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joys are always there, but sometimes you have to look for them harder than other times.__Anne

      Delete
  7. It's nice to hear that you had a such a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All weeks are nice, some are just a little nicer than others!__Anne

      Delete
  8. ROLL TIDE ( I hope and ai actually attended Ole Miss a couple
    of semesters….lol) The Grove and the traditions there are lovely to watch (pearls and footballs…lol) but still a Bama gal! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearls, football, and the occasional silver candelabra! The Grove is beautiful, but I have only been a visitor there.

      Delete
  9. It's wonderful that you had a nice week, Anne. I have never had a corndog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corndogs are not the high water mark of culinary experiences, but for most kids who grew up in a certain era, they made a regular appearance in the school lunch cafeteria__Anne

      Delete
  10. Lori commented on "New Joys"
    7 hours ago
    Is that the Irondale Cafe? I've been there before and yes, it is delicious. I am sure the corndog casserole was a great hit. So glad to hear you had a nice week with the balance of fun, people and relaxing. Those are always the best weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lori. The whistle stop is based on the Irondale cafe. The same owners have opened another cafe near us called Fried Green Tomatoes. It has the same type food, but has a more limited selection. It occupies a much smaller space.
      Sorry I had to copy and paste your comment because it did not land on the actual blog post___Anne

      Delete
  11. Elephant's Child commented on "New Joys"
    13 hours ago
    Hooray for joys.
    And yes, a book will defeat housework any time here. Or perhaps more accurately, every time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are correct. Reading always trumps housework. Sorry I had to copy and paste your comment because it did not land on the actual blog post___Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you just love all that company, you are such a good hostess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha warm cookies at the front door right? ___Anne

      Delete
  14. Fresh brownies out of the oven?? The best ever. And thank you for the new sandwich review. My son will be happy to hear that! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge Chik-Fil-A fan usually, but the sandwich was really good___Anne

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.