Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Happy Talking To Myself

This week like most weeks my joys were mainly small joys that happened during average days. If I waited to only recognize the bigs ones, I am afraid I would be out of luck most days. But I do not really like to concentrate on things in my life that are negative. Enough of that happens without me focusing on it. Instead I had rather look for little things that me happy.



Sunday: We went to church on a gorgeous, low humidity day. Following that we headed to The Electric for lunch.  You know you go to a place too often when the staff knows your name and what you are going to order. 
Son2 and DIL2 came over in the late afternoon for a visit. I always love seeing them.

Monday: I only had one day left to keep the book I was reading on my local library app. If nothing else I was committed to a day of reading and laundry. 
OK, I did not have to read all day, but maybe__just maybe, I started the next book the app had waiting for me. It was cool enough to read sitting in the rocking chair on the screened porch and I am pretty sure there is a law somewhere that demanded I to do it.

Tuesday: I was in a rotten mood, didn't care about much of anything, and my haintlike appearance just confirmed my attitude.  Thankfully the phone rang and it was Sluggy, so I could laugh. I never did change my appearance though. We will just say when TheHub came home he was not greeted by that 60's housewife wearing a cute dress and pearls.

Wednesday: I have a class every Wednesday morning and try to go every week. Last Wednesday I was wrestling with myself, "stay home or get dressed and go on". I decided to go and was glad I did.It was not so much that the class was great, but I was very close to The Snapper Grabber (my local seafood market). It was a no brainer to stop in after class was over to see what the trucks from the gulf had brought in. I walked out with a couple of things to make me happy.
TheHub has decided we need to go out on Wednesday nights to break up the week. As long as I am not cooking beforehand it is more than fine by me. We had decided on one place we used to go regularly but once we got there we found they are no longer opened for dinner Wednesday nights. We were just riding around to try and find somewhere different and happened on a new Halal restaurant It was little more than a hole in the wall, but the food in that small place was absolutely delicious. I wish I remembered the name so I could post it ll over social media. 

Thursday: I know I mention going to my happy place where I volunteer. I love being around all the Independence Place participants. There is nothing that makes me happier than to be around them. My wish is for everyone to find somewhere that makes them feel as happy as I feel when I am there.

Friday: The day was gorgeous, the temps a little lower, and the humidity was virtually gone. Well, at least for us it felt virtually gone. Anything around 45% humidity feels pretty dry here, so this was a welcome change.
TheHub came home early and we went out to do our usual Saturday running around on Friday, before going out to eat.
Somehow or another after all was said and done, I came home with 2 new fall dresses, a pair of black jeans and a full stomach. But the stomach was not full enough to turn down a sesame cookie from a nearby Mexican bakery. (We may or may not go there a couple of times a week)

Saturday: You may wonder why we did our running around on Friday evening rather than our usual Saturday morning route. There is just one word for why it happened___FOOTBALL!!!
After we watched the pre-game show it was time for kickoff. Games we wanted to watch began at 11. We flipped back and forth between stations watching them until TheHub and Son2 left to go to the Alabama game. After they left it was just me watching games and reading. I think throughout the day I kept up with over 10 games by switching channels every few minutes. It was almost too much of a good thing.
As you can tell by having a sports loving husband and three sons who love them equally well, I went to the dark side and became a sports fan myself.

I hope you all found joy in your week. There are always wonderful things to find, even on days when you don't see them right away!

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne

24 comments:

  1. Hooray for those happy places. As you know I have found mine, and am endlessly grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing more gratifying is there?___Anne

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you were able to find the little joys that each day brings. The past week was a bit rough for me and I decided that I needed to do a list of autumn joyful activities, to actively do something joyful, this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you had a rough week and even sorrier I have not been able to comment. I am still trying to figure this out. TheHub and I made a collective list of things to do this fall, as well as individual lists. We have gotten into a rut and need to dig out of it.__Anne

      Delete
  3. It was fun to hear the Happy Talk song. I've been listening to various happy songs for both kids and adults to decide what I'm going to use for my storytime this week on emotions. So many good ones to choose from, including this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved musical theater and this morning when I thought about a happy song this is the one that popped into my brain.__Anne

      Delete
  4. Does TheHub come home to a 60's housewife very often? :p
    I'm a sports fan too, and curling has started streaming again this weekend. Between that, baseball, and football, my day has been full. While I don't generally read while I watch, it does give me time to knit or crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes he comes home every day to a minx, dressed in silk, wearing pumps and pearls and holding a martini for his enjoyment. Or a wife in shorts, tee shirt, and flip flops, no makeup with hair pulled back with a Dollar Tree claw clip who says "I made tea. If you want some, fix it" Will let you guess which is more accurate.___Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud at your minx and pearls remark! ROLL TIDE! Cindy in the South

      Delete
  6. So much to love here, my friend! Reading in a rocking chair in a screened in porch on a September afternoon, is indeed a law. So good thing you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a lawbreaker so I guess I will have to sit out there tomorrow and read some more.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am so guilty of going to eat somewhere the staff knows me and what I will order. She remembers Bailey's order too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and if we miss a couple of weeks they always ask us what happened.

      Delete
  8. We will just say when TheHub came home he was not greeted by that 60's housewife wearing a cute dress and pearls.....I really had to laugh out laud on this...love your sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I've been doing some serious decluttering/gardening these last few days anyone who showed up unannounced would probably have run off in terror 'cos Lucile Ball I ain't either!!! Oh and there is a Moroccan restaurant near here that basically only serves North African couscous. Another hole-in-the-wall place that is always full to the rafters. Some of these little places are just gems aren't they! Oh and thank you for your birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really see no reason to "get dressed" when I am going to be doing nothing but working in the house, but Tuesday I honestly scared myself when I looked in the mirror.
      I love small places with delicious food.

      Delete
  10. Some of the little hole in the wall places have the BEST food. We have a local gyro shop that has maybe 10 tables and lunch time hours only that is always packed because the food is that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always root for the small delicious places to be successful.

      Delete
  11. I've had some of the best food at those overlooked little places. Holes in the wall.
    Love this song, and yes, I'm singing right along like I used to when our girls were pups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and thee. I love going to little out of the way joints.

      Delete
  12. Well slug can make one laugh that is for sure. Miss you guys. No girls trip this fall maybe something in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! I think a spring trip would be fantastic, as long as we plan it sometime other than school spring breaks!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.