Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time

I decided I would start talking about some of my brilliant ideas. Truth be told, I actually do keep moleskin notebook filled with them. 
On the outside it appears to be just a plain black moleskin, but on the inside cover I wrote  the words "Brilliant Ideas". I keep it handy to jot down anything that I think I might want to recall sometime in the future. 

Some of the ideas are plans I have for various things. 
Some are things I witnessed that gave me pause
Some are things I saw/heard that made me laugh.
Some are things that made me think.
Some are things that made me cry.
Some are things I want to learn
Some are things I want to learn to do.
Some are concepts for future writings
Some are bits and pieces of conversations I have overheard at one time or another. 
Some are dreams I had that I want to remember.
Some are records of things I did that worked.
Some are records of things I tried that failed.
And some are just boneheaded ideas I think of randomly and regularly.

I am not planning on doing this weekly, but I will do it whenever I try something I put into my book that either amde me laugh, made me cry, worked, or didn't work; hence the title "Well it seemed like a good idea at the time".
 The following is one of the entries in my book and falls directly on the "made me laugh" list.

I am not much of a drinker, though I will have a dirty martini when we are out sometimes, and we have an occasional glass of wine with dinner at home. Then about twice a year I will have one beer with dinner. That happened a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it and am done with beer until some future night when I decide I want another. If I follow my traditional pattern it will most likely be sometime next spring.



Fast forward to the day after I had my once a summer beer. When I load the dishwasher I put every single dirty item in it, meaning there are no cups, plates, flatware or any other eating/drinking/cooking paraphernalia left out. I try to run the dishwasher either the last thing before I go to bed, or in the morning right after I have finished my coffee. 

This particular day was one of those morning washes. My pea-brain declared I couldn't use anything else until the dishes were washed and put away. That way anything dirty could be loaded directly into a newly emptied dishwasher without having any used dishes hanging around in the sink. I still like to stay well hydrated and instead of grabbing a clean glass from the cabinet I used the bottle from the night before.

Most of the time following a morning wash it would be a La Croix can, since I have one of those just about every night after dinner. (BTW if you get a chance to buy Beach Plum La Croix buy it. You won't be disappointed unless you have an aversion to flavored seltzer waters. If so, you will think it is horrible). That particular day I had rinsed out the  bottle, filled it with water and was drinking from it all day. I am one of those people who has to have water almost continually. 

On an average day I refill whatever I am using as a glass 5 or 6 times. This day was not a normal day though. It was very hot, I was in and out of the house all day, and I was exceptionally thirsty. We were having the stairs to the deck rebuilt from scratch. New risers, steps, railings, the whole enchilada, was being cut and built in the backyard.

I was in and out talking to the builders all day, with my water in hand every time I walked outside to ask or answer a question. Over the course of the day I probably talked to them anywhere from 10-15 times, always with  the Sam Adams water bottle. I truly did not think anything about it until I noticed them looking at me a little funny the last few times I stepped on the deck.

By that time I realized what they were looking at, I was inwardly laughing. But there was no way I was about to offer any explanation. It was more fun to keep the amusement to myself.

My only hope is if they talked about me, it was not just the amount of beer they thought I drank, but also about how well I functioned after consuming all that "alcohol".

I am going to have to call this a fail. A funny fail, but still a fail!

27 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! You now have quite the reputation in some circles. Maybe one of those guys is related to a gossipy church member. jk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it is on them to think or relay whatever they want to!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. When I told TheHub about it he got a kick out of it too. What is even better is that these two guys are supposed to be part of the crew who is going to re-do our master bathroom. Maybe I should drink my water out of a martini glass then?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought it was funny once I realized what had happened.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, that's cute! I was invited to my neighbours for lunch one day and their friends bought wine. I picked up the bottle of water and poured myself a huge glass, and then realized everyone was staring at me. Turns out it was a plain bottle with very, very clear white wine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious! I bet the builders had a story to tell their buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. So this is weird. I went to Aldi this morning after having read your blog. They had one case, only one, of Beach Plum. I figured it was a sign and got it. Not bad!

      Delete
    2. Every single time I see it I grab it. Right now The butler's pantry is filled with Beach Plum. We had house guests a couple of weeks ago and she had some from my stash. She sent a message after she got home. She went to Publix there and bought every case they had.

      Delete
  7. That is so funny, Anne. I keep a notebook like yours on healthy ideas and books I’m reading about weight loss. I don’t share it with anyone, it’s just for me to refer back to from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of notebooks filled with different types of items, but my Brilliant Ideas is my favorite. My only problem is occasionally I write my idea in some sort of simplified version then much later when I re-read it I have no idea what the context was and can make no sense of the entry. For example one just says "Lisa's parking lot experience" No clue what it meant and Lisa has passed away so I can't ask her.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It was really funny then and even gets funnier when I think about it now

      Delete
  9. Well some of us KNOW you so we ain't buying that the bottle was water.....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are self imposed rules for daily living and "girl trip rules" which may or may not be different.

      Delete
  10. Funny! If we all started doing that too, you could call yourself an Influencer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose but I don't have a youtube channel plus I don't wear a lot of makeup, yoga pants, and cropped tops.

      Delete
  11. Anne I simply love you! I filled my water glass today with ice and wine from the dispenser a huge glass as I only drink water all day, must have been the conversation? My Husband had just come home and looked at me like I needed intervention. I promptly put said full glass in fridge (who wastes wine) and got a clean glass of ice water! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laughed out loud! My son side eyed looked at me like I had been drinking a lot of wine… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I provided someone some laughs! And a little side eye is not necessarily bad either.

      Delete
  13. Of course it was the last few times. The first few, they were probably just impressed with your day drinking, but after several hours, they probably thought you were a legend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.